Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Latest League 1 scores  (Read 15072 times)
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Saturday, March 6, 2010, 19:22:31 »

Three away games coming up. It isn't going to be easy.

4 this month in total and the only home game we have left this month is Norwich.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Saturday, March 6, 2010, 19:36:38 »

Don't look good does it.

We have to beat Dongs on tuesday. I can't see us getting much at Brighton or Southampton.

Then Norwich at home !!! Jesus wept.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Saturday, March 6, 2010, 19:59:35 »

Why all the pessimism around Brighton? They've won one or two games at home recently but their home record is generally poor.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Saturday, March 6, 2010, 20:51:20 »

Brighton are on the up, finally coming good, their league position does not sit well with the squad they have, they really should of been gunning for the play offs and it looks like Gus is sorting them out.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Saturday, March 6, 2010, 20:54:51 »

Brighton are on the up, finally coming good, their league position does not sit well with the squad they have, they really should of been gunning for the play offs and it looks like Gus is sorting them out.

He's using his charm already, he's just signed a fellow Uruguayan from Stoke who cost them £2.5M in the summer!
http://www.theargus.co.uk/sport/argusgeneralsportsnews/5036211.Albion_sign_Stoke_midfielder/
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Saturday, March 6, 2010, 21:02:54 »

Before we start jumping off the top of the DRS, let's have a look at some of the other teams
around us,remaining march fixtures.

Millwall

Carlisle (A)
Charlton (H)
Leeds (A)
Stockport (H)

Huddersfield

Norwich (H)
Leyton Orient (A)
Charlton (H)

We need to show that we can bounce back quickly,tough matches for us and for the other teams.

Everything to play for,come on the Town!

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
Oaksey Moonraker

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Saturday, March 6, 2010, 21:34:08 »

I did some boring statto stuff but after last weekend's round of games the teams 1-7 were on target, if they maintained the points per game over the first 34 games, to require 81 points to get in the play offs and better than 86 points to get auto. In the last 8 years only in 2002/3 would 80 points not get you in the play offs. The average to make 6th has been 75 points and a couple of years only 71 was needed.

I guess the point I want to make is the current run the top 7 have been on is probably unsustainable as they start to take points off each other. The next couple of Saturdays will go a long way to deciding who makes automatic and who makes the play offs especially for Leeds auto aspirations.

We need to pick up 15-20 points over the next 13 games so we should be able to pick up and if we replicated our run of the first 3rd of the season 22 points from 15 games (even with all those thrown away wins into draws and 3 defeats) then we'll make it.

Let's hope for a bounceback at Franchise and we'll be back on track and I'm sure they'll be a few more ups and downs along the way, but reckon we'll make it by the end of the season

Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Saturday, March 6, 2010, 21:59:38 »

I guess the point I want to make is the current run the top 7 have been on is probably unsustainable

The fact that in the significant games we only lost a point to the automatic places and maintained the gap to 7th kind of proves your point.

Coca Fola

« Reply #23 on: Saturday, March 6, 2010, 23:39:49 »

Typical Swindon. The one year we decide to be good, everyone else does too.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 19:53:30 »

Colchester are at home to The Seagulls tonight. Let's hope Brighton do em.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 20:05:11 »

Anyone who thinks our support is bad should check out that game. The 'crowd' is utterly, utterly dreadful.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 20:06:43 »

And what's the name of Brighton's no.2? I'm sure it's the bloke who used to be left back for Ipswich and Spurs. He's an Argie I think.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #27 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 20:14:23 »

That's because it is O!ST it's Mauricio Taricco.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 20:14:49 »

Brez is having a strong game in goal - the commentators seem to think he is 'composed'
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Monday, March 8, 2010, 20:41:49 »

That's because it is O!ST it's Mauricio Taricco.
I knew it was really. I just couldn't remember his name and I couldn't be bothered to look it up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8   Go Up
Print
Jump to: