Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Vincent Pericard  (Read 9187 times)
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 21:48:46 »

Nouble's first touch doesn't look good, haven't made my mind up yet. He seemed to run himself into danger today.
Berniman
Sits in front of JFW

Miserable cnut (AKA Happy Clapper)

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 21:51:04 »

Those that think he is crap because he does not score will never like him.  Anyone that listened to Carlisle fans will know that he doesn't score many but hold up the ball and brings others in.  That is what he did today.  Not brilliantly all the time, but he did well with the time he had when you look at the stop start chances he has had since he has been here.

I think the over the top critisism and slagging off at the CG is a joke tbh, and I get the feeling that if Austin had not scored in his first couple of games the same would have happened with him.  Pericard is a big old unit and you are not going to see him chasing after every ball as Charlie does.  He will get on the end of balls and try to bring players in, he did that today even with Nelson and Doherty trying to rip the shirt off of his back every 5 minutes.

People need to lay off, we will need this man before the end of the season if we are to have a chance of going up.

“Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” ― Marcus Aurelius

When somebody shouts STOP! I never know if it's in the name of love, if it's HAMMER TIME, or if I should collaborate and listen...

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 21:53:06 »

pericard doesn't do anything paynter can't.(not that that makes him rubbish, as he aint)

nouble is quick, and even when his touch is heavy he scares the shit out of the defenders as today showed.that big fucker running with pace at teams will cause defences plenty of problems.unfortunate his debut was against the best side in the league.i'm confident he will destroy some teams during our run in.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #63 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 21:53:28 »

I don't know the exact time but i think he has played a total of something like 100 mins for us and people are trying to make a judgement on him already it fucking cracks me up.Nouble has played 60 mins and some people already saying he looks shit.
268 minutes to be precise :p

pericard must have something about him given the clubs he's played for but his record isn't great, although it's not awful either. he's on an 18 month contract, so he's not going anywhere yet.
Panda Paws

« Reply #64 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 21:53:36 »

Thought he used his strength well today, he was up against 2 big dirty defenders and for me he was coming out on top.

Agreed, I haven't been his biggest fan but he offered us something different and seems to be improving!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #65 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 21:55:43 »

Nouble's first touch doesn't look good, haven't made my mind up yet. He seemed to run himself into danger today.

Still learning, I don't know much about youth/reserve prem footy, but I'm guessing he is used to having more time on the ball. Give him a game or two to adjust to the pace of the game then we'll see.

Today's performance: His touch wasn't best, and he could have passed earlier. But he looks awkward for defenders to play against. He won a few balls he lost back and looks quite mobile.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #66 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 21:57:10 »

Whereas Austin set the fucking County Ground on fire today.

Paynter didn't get anywhere near the ball today. Grumble.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #67 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 22:33:24 »

He was poor at Franchise, football or no football. Nothing will change that.

Thought he looked good today, he did the simple things well. Controlled it and spread the play. Norwich were much more worried about him than they were Nouble.

Partly down to Pericard and partly down to us finally having wingers.
Benzel

Ignore
« Reply #68 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 23:14:54 »

It was Pericards presence that allowed us to keep the pressure up. He held the ball up, something we weren't doing well until he came on.

Nouble did well enough too and I think he'll be an asset in his time here. Like Coxy said, he'll need a couple of games to get used to the lack of time on the ball. Once he's there, I think he'll batter some defenders from pillar to post.

Is your cat making too much noise all the time?
STFCere

Ignore
« Reply #69 on: Saturday, March 20, 2010, 23:51:49 »

It was Pericards presence that allowed us to keep the pressure up. He held the ball up, something we weren't doing well until he came on.

Nouble did well enough too and I think he'll be an asset in his time here. Like Coxy said, he'll need a couple of games to get used to the lack of time on the ball. Once he's there, I think he'll batter some defenders from pillar to post.

agreed- nouble was clearly lacking match practice today. although, IMO showed more promise than Pericard has so far. given a few games, i reckon nouble will be a right asset

ing on Sabin: "He's the new Thierry Henry"

Gazza on life in China: "I'm enjoying every day. I've tried everything: duck's head, chicken's head, chicken's feet and bats and hopefully, if I keep that up, I'll be flying."

'The first 90 minutes are the most important.' - Bobby Robson
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #70 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 12:44:16 »

Nouble's only got a few games with us.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #71 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 12:46:58 »

Nouble has trained for 1 game and is only 18, give the lad a chance!

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #72 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 13:17:21 »

Not yet convinced at all. But he did what he had to do very well today (as per what KoT said).

Just thought I would give him a bit of credit where it was due.

Well said and if i hear anyone booing him they will get the wrath of my forked tongue.
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #73 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 13:31:10 »

Wonder how Pericard feels about Nouble coming in and startin in front of him?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #74 on: Sunday, March 21, 2010, 13:32:26 »

Wonder how Pericard feels about Nouble coming in and startin in front of him?

Hopefully it will make him more determined. Mind you, he was returning from injury so never going to start anyway.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: