Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Time added on.  (Read 2783 times)
suttonred

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 11:59:56 »

Just caught up with reading the League paper, and there is a little explanation in the Stockport v Wycombe report of where some of these extra minutes come from. Gary ablett asked how long left, and was told 7 minutes. Asking where that came from the 4th official said, 4 goals, 4 subs, and 4 injuries, so looks like they add around 35 seconds per event. I didn't realise they added time for certainly goals, and i always thought that subs were made to waste time on occassion, so that doesn't look like the case. Should be pretty easy to work out beforehand now, see if it works against rovers saturday. 5 goals and 2 subs to us should be around 4 minutes added on then Wink
Panda Paws

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 12:18:57 »

I'm sure it's 30 for a goal or sub then injuries are however long they take
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 12:42:13 »

I thought a certain amount of time was allowed for a goal, say 20 seconds, then any time longer than that before the restart is added on at the end. Though you tend to hear different things from different people and refs.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 12:55:09 »

There are no set rules on how long is added for anything. People kept going on about 30 seconds for a sub a while back, but I'm sure refs have enough common sense to realise that some take longer while others take just a few seconds. The time added on is effectively just the amount of time the ref deems the match to not have been going on.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 14:08:12 »

I always thought that they only added time on for injuries and subs, I was always of the belief that it was 30 seconds for a sub
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 14:40:34 »

There is nothing new posted here.

Of course they add time on for goals as the play is stopped, otherwise the team who scored first would just celebrate in the oppositions half till half time/full time!!

I remember after the Man City/Man Utd game where Owen scored in injury time this got discussed.

Someone who was a qualified ref posted what is and what isnt added on. This is off the top of my head.

Subs are 30 seconds per sub no matter how long it takes someone to leave the field of play.
Goals are not strictly 30 seconds, it depends how long the celebrations go on for before the game re-starts, if its 10 seconds you add that on, if its 1 minute you add that on.

I think, time is not stopped for throw ins, goal kicks or corner kicks unless the ref deems the team taking them to be taking too long. Again, I think the number is as high as 30 seconds, so unless you take over half a minute to take a throw in, goal kick, corner kick the watch wont get stopped or time wont be added on.

A far easier way to work it out is as follows.

If we are winning by 1 goal it will always be 4 minutes, without fail, no matter what.
If we are losing by 1 goal it will only be 3 minutes.
If we are drawing and looking the better team it will only be 2 minutes
If we are drawing but are being pushed back, it will again be 4 minutes.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 16:14:01 »

I thought the referee was 'the sole arbiter of time' ?  The above would be a guideline only. (not the bit at the end)

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 16:23:27 »

Pretty much, some very loose guidelines.

The bit at the end is not a guideline but sheer fact!

Sort of.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 17:05:09 »

I thought the referee was 'the sole arbiter of time' ?  The above would be a guideline only. (not the bit at the end)

What about the exiled inhabitants of Gallifrey?
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 17:14:19 »

What about the exiled inhabitants of Gallifrey?
inhabitant, surely?

Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 17:21:46 »

inhabitant, surely?

[url width=348 height=261]http://welltuncares.files.wordpress.com/2007/07/master-small.jpg[/url]
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 17:22:32 »

inhabitant, surely?

If you're going to get technical you should get your facts right. There are at least two time lords still running about (probably more than that) and the rest of them are most likely still trapped in that time bubble, which I'm guessing will crop up again. Though it's all a bit moot as Gallifrey itself was destroyed so it can't have any inhabitants.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 17:32:10 »

the master is dead as fuck

until he gets resurrected for another series finale
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 17:32:35 »

Stoke take the piss with all that ball wiping..why is a player taking a throw in allowed to dry the ball,yet the keeper isnt...should be at least an extra two minutes at full time just for all that messing around.
Tails

Git facked

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 17:58:42 »

I don't understand why a timer can't be used to count down from 45 and stop every time there's a stoppage in play. The whole thing is absolute bollocks tbh, football have become 94 minute games as that one nearly always comes up even if there hasn't been any stoppages.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: