Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Anthony Mcnamee  (Read 9693 times)
Rich Pullen

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 15:42:47 »

All I know him is that we've done a whole lot better without him in the side.
ReadytoGo

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 15:53:55 »

I think we're part of the problem when we keep pointing out how bad players are - I think it would have helped Brezovan and Smith not to have received so much criticism when they were trying to regain form.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 16:02:37 »

I think we're part of the problem when we keep pointing out how bad players are - I think it would have helped Brezovan and Smith not to have received so much criticism when they were trying to regain form.

Totally disagree, There were plenty of people who said Brezovan was just going through a bad patch after his exploits prior to his broken arm. Many people slagging others off saying that Brez is ace and fans gave him more than enough time to regain the form he has when he first arrived. In reality though we soon found out that Brezovan went through a purple patch when he got here and was a pretty rubbish goal keeper woul couldn't kick. He is a decent shot stopper mind.

But if Brezovan was playing week in and week out we would be a worse team than we are now. Smith is an OK number 2 but we need to remember Lucas is leading from the back,. you can hear him hollaring where as Brezovan just sort of stood there and there was no communication,. It's no coincidence we have been better since Brezovan stopped playing regularly (when Smith came back towards the end of last season we were better as well) Brezovan was incredibly over rated.

NOTE: Yes Greer has helped as well.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 16:20:27 »

a ball in the area is worth two in the stand

...but a ball into the first man is worth fuck all.

All you have to do is look at Jon-Paul McGorven this season to see how poor McNamee has been for us.
trent_canary

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 16:30:13 »

I've been pretty impressed with McNamee in recent weeks, obviously when he first arrived he couldn't break into a side that was unbeaten in 17 (15wins) and scoring for fun. In recent weeks we've often found ourselves behind going into the last 30mins of games and more often than not McNamee came on and changed the game in our favour, taking on players and putting in good crosses for the likes of Holt & Martin. He's started the past couple of games on the back of these substitue cameos and looked just as lively and has added 2 assists(both winners with pin-point delivery). The 1 complaint I have is his defensive capabilities, with Hoolahan pretty much a certain starter, we're left very exposed with another flair player like McNamee in the midfield, although it does mean goals can be created from anywhere.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 16:34:09 »

Classic honeymoon period. That and we are coming out of winter. You may as well box him up like a tortoise from November to Janurary.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 16:35:12 »

hope he plays against us he wont stand a chance against amankwaah and mcgovern.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 16:36:51 »

Manky will kick him into the Bristol Channel. I cant wait to see that game now you've mentioned that face off.
ReadytoGo

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 16:37:13 »

Totally disagree, There were plenty of people who said Brezovan was just going through a bad patch after his exploits prior to his broken arm. Many people slagging others off saying that Brez is ace and fans gave him more than enough time to regain the form he has when he first arrived. In reality though we soon found out that Brezovan went through a purple patch when he got here and was a pretty rubbish goal keeper woul couldn't kick. He is a decent shot stopper mind.

But if Brezovan was playing week in and week out we would be a worse team than we are now. Smith is an OK number 2 but we need to remember Lucas is leading from the back,. you can hear him hollaring where as Brezovan just sort of stood there and there was no communication,. It's no coincidence we have been better since Brezovan stopped playing regularly (when Smith came back towards the end of last season we were better as well) Brezovan was incredibly over rated.

NOTE: Yes Greer has helped as well.

Brez seems to be doing well for Gus Poyet and impressed when they played us, I hope his confidence has returned. His long legs always made the kicking a little bit nerve wracking.

Lucas has grown on me game by game, not only is he generally vocal but he is often having a quiet word of encouragement for players (like running halfway up the pitch to congratulate Lecsinel on a cross). He's also quick to defuse a situation by talking to opposition players when things start to kick off.

I think Trent Canary's post sums up how I would expect Macca to be contributing at Norwich, and no he's not the 90 minute 1110% player that JP has now turned into.
ReadytoGo

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 16:38:35 »

That's some percentage - oops
trent_canary

« Reply #25 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 16:40:03 »

I think Trent Canary's post sums up how I would expect Macca to be contributing at Norwich, and no he's not the 90 minute 1110% player that JP has now turned into.
Don't take this the wrong way but perhaps playing in a stronger side has allowed his strengths to be utilised more than his weaknesses to be found out, we have so much possession at times and this obviously gives McNamee so many opportunities to attack his full back knowing full well somebody will cover him defensively.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 16:42:15 »

hahahaha lets wait and see shall we.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 16:45:24 »

Yep, he's doing exactly the same at Norwich, as he did when he started here by what i've heard/seen. Skilful, but no consistency. You've only had time to see the first bit so far.
trent_canary

« Reply #28 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 16:47:22 »

Yep, he's doing exactly the same at Norwich, as he did when he started here by what i've heard/seen. Skilful, but no consistency. You've only had time to see the first bit so far.

I'll watch closely in the future, can't see us playing both Hoolahan & McNamee too much if we go up, CCC sides will pick us apart with such an open system.

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Tuesday, March 2, 2010, 16:48:04 »

i think macnamee is a luxury player.when it's all on song, then he's a usefull weapon.not so when the team is not on top in a game.norwich clearly have a good side so until they get a team troubling them they wont see his flaws
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: