Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Ryan Shawcross Tackle  (Read 14864 times)
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #75 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 13:04:58 »

Is Fatbury Wenger ?

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #76 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 13:09:15 »

Shawcross is so dirty and violent he's never had a red card.

Wenger and some Arsenal fans reaction to this has got on my nerves. Many seem to think that because the play pretty football that they somehow occupy the moral high ground and everyone should just let them play. Summed up by this "As long as this kind of play is tolerated and encouraged by media and managers alike then England will continue to win nothing" Yeah, so Stoke, Bolton and Birmingham should just go toe to toe with Arsenal playing a passing football game. And lose 5-0.  For fucks sake I saw Real Madrid try and kick Messi out of a game last season. It happens. Its always happened. get over yourselves.

The tackle on eduardo was worse than this one, and I didnt think that was too bad either. I've seen a million worse tackles than both, some of which led to no injury at all. The fact that Ramseys leg is snapped in half is down to bad luck.

I dont want football to become a non contact sport because 1 club had some bad luck. Lets face it it used to be a fuck load more violent a sport than it is now.
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #77 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 13:11:31 »

A young promising footballer who made a genuine mistake ? 3 times in 3 years?? It suggests otherwise to me - breaking one leg is bad but two is more than careless! Incidentally he was sent off for the tackle on Jeffers AND was retrospectively given a 3 match ban for the tackle on Adebayor/

And yes I am still going to the Emirates as well as the County Ground this season - but as of next season Im ALL STFC .. season ticket purchased at the weekend!

Saying a side has no money means they have to play agressive long ball football is just an excuse - STFC are proving that this season

It may have been quite tasty in the past but players werent moving at such great speeds as they do now!

I used to be Fatbury
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #78 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 13:13:32 »

The guys leg was broken before he made contact.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #79 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 13:17:11 »

rather than a huge league wide consipracy perhaps Arsenals players are a bit gay and lightweight?

Man United also play good football but dont seem to get snapped limbs every couple of years.

just a thought.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #80 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 13:18:18 »

I think I've just read two of the worst posts in TEF history.

Take a bow Pooky you have just managed to eclips all the total retardation that has gone before you...
Rich Pullen

« Reply #81 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 13:20:32 »

Once Ryan Shawcross left the pitch he can clearly be seen in the stands with a demonic smile, cursing the Arsenal and chanting "Double, double toil and trouble; Fire burn, and caldron bubble."

He's evil.
iffy

« Reply #82 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 13:24:21 »

Shawcross has broken three player's ankles in three years and he's got 8 yellow cards this season.

I don't believe he's malicious and he was clearly distraught. He's also a decent player - breaking into the England squad at that age from a club like Stoke is really impressive.

But either he's really unlucky or he needs a word in his ear about his tackling.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #83 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 13:24:25 »

It made me happy he got in the england squad after the hysterical over-reaction.

Although perhaps he should be kept away from Rooney.

Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #84 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 13:25:20 »

and he's got 8 yellow cards this season.

I believe Alex Song has 10. Ban him for life!
Rich Pullen

« Reply #85 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 13:28:42 »

Pffft, back in the day he'd simply have a nickname like Ron 'Chopper' Harris.
iffy

« Reply #86 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 13:28:51 »

Song can't tackle for shit. I wouldn't use him as an example.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #87 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 13:30:50 »

But he's an Arsenal player and as we know Arsenal don't do anything wrong.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #88 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 13:34:05 »

Can it also be noted that neither Adebayor or Jeffers actually ended up with broken legs as far as I remeber.

Francis 'injury prone' Jeffers did his ligaments and Adebayor was out for 3 weeks with an 'ankle injury'
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #89 on: Monday, March 1, 2010, 13:34:32 »

Not over the top reaction at all - it was a horror challenge that should be properly punished - I thought it was a tackle of some intent to injure personally - not saying it was deliberate to break his leg mind you! 3 match ban not really sufficient - can you imagine that happening to Douglas or Ferry - would we be happy? Ramsey was going to be a world class player - who knows from now what he will acheive?

Its not as if Shawcross hasnt got previous - broke Francis Jeffers ankle/leg in a previous match 2 years ago - and put Adebayor out of football for 3 months with a reckless late off the pitch challenge which almost broke his leg too last year.

As for Arsenal I cant remember their players breaking any players bones from any challenges whatsoever.

Shawcross being called up for England when Capello drops Terry for setting a bad example is almost hypocritical! I certainly wont be supporting any England side with him in it!

Teams such as Stoke and Bolton and Birmingham might have to play this way in order to survive at the top flight due to lack of funds but it really needs to looked at further by the FA. As long as this kind of play is tolerated and encouraged by media and managers alike then England will continue to win nothing.

Credit again then to Mr Wilson at showing how to be bringing a club of low funding into the higher echelons with good quality football and fair play! Another example of how well Swindon Town is being run these days in comparison to other clubs!

Fuck me you are a twat sometimes.

I dont think there was any malice in the tackle whatsoever there.

Anyhow kudos to Shawcross, both Jeffers and Adebayor are cunts.

As for the not supporting England if he is in team, thats fucking laughable.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: