Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Kings a Joker!  (Read 2335 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Wednesday, June 8, 2005, 10:17:31 »

"He’s in Arizona at the moment but I’ve spoken to his mum which is always a bonus ­ when you’ve got film star looks you can chat to mums and it’s always an advantage to a manager"  

http://www.thisisstfc.co.uk/News_Headlines_Story.asp?NewsID=4432

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Kinky Tom
Snow Master Sandwich King.

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2005, 10:19:12 »

He does almost look like a short, fat Bruce Willis. :?
le god cuervo

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2005, 10:36:20 »

the biggest joke in that story is that he thinks a centre-back is the most important target. surely we need midfielders!?!
strooood
As black as Patrick from EastEnders who is officially the blackest man on the planet.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2005, 11:30:04 »

exactly LGC, what is he on about? ok yeah a new defender would be handy but it's a bit worrying he's saying that only a "major signing" would displace pook  :|
is king sca :| ed of signing midfeilders? turbo, howard, smith, hewlett and maybe igoe are all leaving and he wants a centre half  :-))(

officially blacker than the night.
Ben Wah Balls

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2005, 11:37:02 »

But he says he can't finalise that until he knows whats happening with Duke and Igoe, Heywood's gone so he can look for replacements there now. Besides we're already looking at a couple of midfielders.
Piemonte

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2005, 11:37:10 »

I can understand that we need a centre back in Heywoods mould, but yeah, we do need a midfield.

What he dosnt say is how likley the "major signing" in midfield actually is.........
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2005, 11:38:14 »

Maybe that means he already has midfielders lined up, but still needs to get a CB in.

Maybe the club is playing it's cards closer to it's chest, so to speak.
Piemonte

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2005, 11:48:07 »

our current contracted midfield: Migz, pook :?

maybe Igoe & Duke if they accept contracts

Jenkins, Roberts & O'Hanlon have all played there too.

We WILL be signing midfielders, either that or we're going to be playing 15 year olds by christmas :|
walrus

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2005, 12:00:48 »

Quote from: "Piemonte"
our current contracted midfield: Migz, pook :?

maybe Igoe & Duke if they accept contracts

Jenkins, Roberts & O'Hanlon have all played there too.

We WILL be signing midfielders, either that or we're going to be playing 15 year olds by christmas :|

We can't....  Isn't it against football league regulations to play an U16 player?

Defence in my opinion is the area that has been the biggest problem this season, with King continuously bleating on about individual mistakes.  Sean Dyche would do nicely in my opinion, although he may be lacking a bit of pace....
Melksham Red

« Reply #9 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2005, 12:19:15 »

I reckon AK's eyeing 3-5-2 again. Hence his need for another CB. He can then use a number of players as wing backs (Thierny? Duke? Jenkins, Lapham, Nicholas)
Piemonte

« Reply #10 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2005, 12:27:00 »

You may well be right Melksham. We'll be needing further back up in both the centre of defence and midfiled if that is the case.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2005, 13:24:45 »

Ifil and O'Hanlon are our only two centrebacks, unless we sign Comyn-Platt, so I can understand why King is after another centreback. I think Melksham might be right about 3-5-2 as well, or at least King is trying to sign the players to cover both 4-4-2 and 3-5-2 comfortably.
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2005, 13:28:26 »

Quote from: "sonicyouth"
Ifil and O'Hanlon are our only two centrebacks, unless we sign Comyn-Platt, so I can understand why King is after another centreback. I think Melksham might be right about 3-5-2 as well, or at least King is trying to sign the players to cover both 4-4-2 and 3-5-2 comfortably.

I think he's right too, I've said this on thisis.  I reckon the fact that he says Pook is in the first 11 also indicates that we will have 3 central midfielders, with Migz holding back I hope.  This of course means that we are likely to have 3 centre backs too, unless it's 4-5-1! :nuts:
Piemonte

« Reply #13 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2005, 13:32:19 »

Tom, have you altered you avatar to show alan smoking a spliff?

or is that a tampax?? Wink
Kinky Tom

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Wednesday, June 8, 2005, 13:51:35 »

Yes it's a spliff, I thought his hand gesture would lend itself very well to it.  Unfortunately I'm not really an artist, so it's not hugely convincing.

I imagine I'll keep it for a while though. :doobie:
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: