Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official matchday thread Swindon Town v Stockport County  (Read 31308 times)
Spencer_White

« Reply #315 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 21:10:45 »

Sheehan was superb last night. Austin didnt really get a chance, but I thought his link up play was excellent, rarely loses the ball. What can you say about Paynter? Just looking so determined and confident. Morrison looks a much better player than when he last played for Swindon. Another indication of how important it is for young players to play League football.

Thought Wilson was experimenting with Ritchie and Easton, but obviously Amankwaah was injured. I felt a bit sorry for Ritchie because he struggled a bit when he came on, which is understandable. Hes probably played a lot of reserve/youth football and you get less time on the ball in the real thing. His head went down a bit. But its great to see a Premier League youth player struggling to get into our team. Im sure he has been taken aback by the quality of Ward and the team in general. But he still looks an exciting player, looking forward to seeing him again.

Fair play to Stockport, they could have given up, but actually gave us a bit of a game 2nd half. Town End started making some noise and the players seemed to go to bits! Whats that all about?

Hopefully thats the end of the really cold evening games for this season? Has been a cold winter, hopefully the warmer weather will bring out the fans? Although I thought the attendance last night was more encouraging? 
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 21:50:30 »

Fair play to Stockport, they could have given up, but actually gave us a bit of a game 2nd half. Town End started making some noise and the players seemed to go to bits! Whats that all about?

I prefer to think of it as us sticking with them whilst we absorbed the pressure from Stockport. After that they didn't have much left and we buried them.  Cheesy
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 22:11:42 »

Sheehan played right back and clearly wasnt comfortbale there and Douglas has played there plenty of times before.

Actually that rings a bell - didn't Douglas play right back at Leeds a fair bit last season?

What can you say about Paynter? Just looking so determined and confident.

Paynter seemed to be shooting on every opportunity, even if it maybe wasn't the best option. He's done this before, mainly when he's got a couple of goals and going for a hat trick. Not sure whether this is good or bad.

On the one hand you could call it greedy, especially when there are better options. But on the other, its good to see a striker that confident and firing shots in which is something we sometimes seem to be lacking. Though his shoot on sight doesn't normally pay off much it did get him his 2nd goal last night.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #318 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 22:20:52 »

Yes Paynter has shown he can score from further out now which isn't something he used to do.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #319 on: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 06:55:33 »

I will never complain about a player having a pop at goal. It's something over the years which we've never really done enough. You don't win the raffle if you don't buy a ticket ..etc
Processed Beats

I drop beats from this processed meat.

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Thursday, February 25, 2010, 07:31:47 »

We've now been linked with Stockport right back Jonny Mullins Smiley
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: