Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official matchday thread Swindon Town v Stockport County  (Read 31313 times)
deltaincline

« Reply #300 on: Tuesday, February 23, 2010, 23:49:42 »

The keystone cops entertainment at half time was fucking hilarious. Flair play to the lad who went on the pitch, volleyed the ball back into the TE, waved his arms like he'd just scored a goal, then out foxed the over zealous cunts in fluro yellow as they stumbled around like dads army actors with rigor mortice;-)

Kudos to the lads who pulled him away from their clutches, just as the real hard men in orange jackets swung in for some action.

Not sure if the leader of the cunts - Shithouse - was involved, but the stumpy little fat cunt with the goaty beard deffo wanted some. I'd love to see that mother-fucker put on his fat arse.

The game was good as well Cheesy We took the piss first half, soaked up the pressure early in the 2nd half and thoroughly deserved the points against a side who shouldn't be languishing at the foot of the table.

We missed JD in the middle after the subs, Morrison was cool as fuck apart from when the geezer up front pulled him around a bit and got him booked, and I thought Easton slotted in well. JPM and Ferry busy as fuck, Cuthbert his usual self.

The squad suddenly looks like it has some depth with the fringe players offering Wilson real alternatives if, or when, he needs them.

Still keep pinching myself that this season is really happening to us!

mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #301 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 08:25:54 »

the first 45 minutes last night was the most one sided game i think i have ever witnessed at the county ground.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #302 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 08:57:38 »

Pleased with the result last night.

Played really well in first 20 minutes and could have been 2-3 goals up.  Then all of a sudden Swindon drop the tempo and lacked any cutting edge.   If we kept it at 2-0 half time then we would have probably one on to score 5 or 6.

There goal late in the first half was a bit of a bummer and i think our players looked nervous at the beginning of the second half.  Hiowever once Ferry scored it was always goma over

Didnt rate Easton when he came on.  His positional player was crap, and it was funny seeing Sheehan giving Easton a bollocking ever 2 minutes.

Not to sure why Morrison was named man of the match.  Did one good tackle in the whole game that i saw.  Hes very competennt at heading the ball but the difference between him and Greer are their positional play.   Greer understands that he is slow, yet always gives himself that extra one or two yards headstart on the oposing attacker.  Morrison was getting done all the time for pace when the stockport attacker was left 1 vs 1 with him.  However o guess the more games Morrison gets under his belt, the better he will be.

Hoping for at least 4 points from these next 2 games to keep the run going

Also a big well done to those Stockport fans for coming to the game.  Those 86 people are the hardcore fans of that club
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #303 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 09:10:54 »

can't remember that last time i got our scoreline right.wish i'd had a few quid on it now......

I bet on it.  Cheesy

Think I was talking to TEFer at the station. He got the train to Bristol with me. We were talking about how he has a mate who is a millwall fan so he's sat in every stand of the new den and how we both really want town to play and beat City again. Someone on here, yeah?
ronnie21

The Mighty Hankerton

Ignore
« Reply #304 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 09:14:37 »

Didnt rate Easton when he came on.  His positional player was crap, and it was funny seeing Sheehan giving Easton a bollocking ever 2 minutes.

Not so sure about Easton getting bollocked, but Sheehan was certainly giving Ritchie the benefit of his thoughts several times.  Thought Sheehan had a tremendous game last night and must have been close for mom along with JP who never stopped working.
MichaelPook
Oh stop it Mr Fatbury!

Ignore
« Reply #305 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 09:22:42 »

Good match - excellent result!

Considering he hadnt played much lately Morrison did well (not a MofM performance tho!) - Cuthbert looked massively strong at the back tho along with Lucas.

The injury to Amankwaah unsettled us a little as we missed Douglas's steadying influence in midfield however Craig Easton is looking a lot better now after all his injuries.

Austin and Paynter terrified them up front - especially Billy who could have had a hat full ... Ritchie disappointed a little on the wing - seems a bit lightweight but having not played that much and Ward playing so well in that position it was always going to be hard for him

Word on the attendance for a tuesday night - considering only 80 away fans - VERY VERY positive - we look a club going places at present and I hope it continues ..

Onwards and upwards ....

PS what the hell was going on in the TE at half time? why run on the pitch at all was what was going on in my mind??? Having said all that it was really funny to watch!

I used to be Fatbury
REDBUCK

« Reply #306 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 09:28:43 »

Not so sure about Easton getting bollocked, but Sheehan was certainly giving Ritchie the benefit of his thoughts several times.  Thought Sheehan had a tremendous game last night and must have been close for mom along with JP who never stopped working.

It was Ritchie geting the abuse. Sheehan wanted hm to stay out on the wing and not drft inside as Stockport were using the space to get 2 on 1 aganst him. Ward offers him more cover, it's what you get from a good left back. 
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #307 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 09:42:04 »

Good win last night, although i thought they would nick a goal when it was 2-1. Was so releaved when Ferry made it 3-1.

Best half time ever i think!!  Cheesy

Can't wait for Orient on Saturday now, hopefully we'll take a fair few
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #308 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 09:54:49 »

It was Ritchie geting the abuse. Sheehan wanted hm to stay out on the wing and not drft inside as Stockport were using the space to get 2 on 1 aganst him. Ward offers him more cover, it's what you get from a good left back. 

My Pompey supporting mate tells me that Ritchie has two faults that need rectifying, he wont take players on, even though he has the beating of them and that he ALWAYS comes inside rather than going down the line.

Both faults can be remedied by good coaching.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #309 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 10:19:55 »

My Pompey supporting mate tells me that Ritchie has two faults that need rectifying, he wont take players on, even though he has the beating of them and that he ALWAYS comes inside rather than going down the line.

Both faults can be remedied by good coaching.

Off topic

Nice tattoo,whose the one who has got the old S badge,they must hate that bloody thing especially as it represent's the old regime. 
adje

Ignore
« Reply #310 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 17:38:41 »

Big mention for Cuthbert who was outstanding and Austin who proved he's not just about scoring-was a constant thorn in Stockport's side.JPM not far behind those two.Dont get the Stockport love-in,thought they were clueless in their efforts to create anything.nice free-kick though.I thought Easton slotted in nicely too,however we do need a right back as we dont want Douglas out of the middle too often,specially against the better sides.Missed the half time shenanegans queuing for HCbut my lad loved it!Ferry loves it here doesnt he?His interview on RS was brilliant,he was buzzing.Oh and the "Red Army,Red Army"was tremendous.(without the clapping)
« Last Edit: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 17:48:03 by adje » Logged

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #311 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 18:26:51 »

Apologies if this has been discussed, but why did Wilson replace Amankwaah with Douglas?

We had a centre back and left back on the pitch that can and have played at right back this season, whilst on the bench we had a centre back and a left back (who can also play centre back). So why not put a defender on?

Sure it worked out in the end but I thought we looked a lot worse after the change, losing out in midfield as well as on the right hand wing. So does anyone know the logic behind Wilson's decision?
Dr Pierre Chang
ITK Curran lover

Ignore
« Reply #312 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 18:45:50 »

I think he thought Johnson, their left winger was a threat, so Douglas would cut him out.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #313 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 19:26:50 »

Apologies if this has been discussed, but why did Wilson replace Amankwaah with Douglas?

We had a centre back and left back on the pitch that can and have played at right back this season, whilst on the bench we had a centre back and a left back (who can also play centre back). So why not put a defender on?

Sure it worked out in the end but I thought we looked a lot worse after the change, losing out in midfield as well as on the right hand wing. So does anyone know the logic behind Wilson's decision?

Probably because Scott Cuthbert probably had the worse game of his life at right back, so I can understand why Wilson didnt put him there.

Added to the fact he would be breaking up the centre back pairing and most importantly Cuthbert has been as solid as a fucking rock in the heart of our defence.

Moving our best defender out of position would be, not just stupid but Andy King stupid.

Sheehan played right back and clearly wasnt comfortbale there and Douglas has played there plenty of times before.

We lost a bit of shape and the right back over lapping but that was it. Stockport didnt trouble Douglas at right back at all.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #314 on: Wednesday, February 24, 2010, 19:40:02 »

Moving our best defender out of position would be, not just stupid but Andy King stupid.

Now that's stupid Huh?
Pages: 1 ... 18 19 20 [21] 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: