Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What ever happened to....  (Read 3507 times)
dphunt88

Ignore
« on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 17:16:00 »

The 'Red Army Loud and Proud Days'?

I remember having a great time at Yeovil in Spring 2006 even though Cureton hit the cross bar from a yard out and we drew 0-0!

Who is/was responsible for organising them? And can we have another one? at say, Leeds away where we'll take loads!

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 17:43:53 »

Please no. It's cringe worthy.
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 17:46:49 »

Cringe worthy or not. It did bring alot of people together behind the town! Which is the most important thing at the end of the day...

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 17:48:14 »

Oh no. Gazza will be on here soon no doubt.....
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 18:00:21 »

To be fair the Loud and Proud lot did alot of good work at a time when the football was diabolical. Creating an atmosphere whilst watching the dirge that was dished up week after week was a fucking effort.

We now have a cracking little team and the atmosphere is slowly coming back to the ground. A almost full town end next year should do the trick.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 18:02:09 »

We'll take loads to Leeds? dont think so.
Ralphy

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 18:03:11 »

Leeds away is easter saturday, we should sell out our allocation.
nochee

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 18:54:27 »

Leeds away is easter saturday, we should sell out our allocation.
iv already got the hotel booked for tat game, when do the tickets go on sale?
Talk Talk

« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 19:54:57 »

The 'Red Army Loud and Proud Days'?

I remember having a great time at Yeovil in Spring 2006 even though Cureton hit the cross bar from a yard out and we drew 0-0!

Who is/was responsible for organising them? And can we have another one? at say, Leeds away where we'll take loads!

We are still around. As others have said, L&P was formed to brighten up a dire, dire time in the club's recent past. We think we did a good job. However, most of what we used to do has been vetoed by the Elfin Safety twats (e.g. red and white cards to hold up cause paper cuts or can be used as missiles, streamers can cause eye damage and all that bullshit). Along with quite a few of the crew getting involved with the politics of the old board which became mutually exclusive.

As KoT said:

We now have a cracking little team and the atmosphere is slowly coming back to the ground. An almost full town end next year should do the trick.

...so it isn't so necessary now. That's not to say we won't be doing a thing or two to liven up some games. As in the flags should be up on the Bank on Saturday, weather permitting. Now where has that twelth man shirt got to..?
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, February 19, 2010, 06:59:30 »

...all of the heroes. All the Shakespearos. They watched their Rome burn

Sorry, I resisted it for a while, but just couldn't hold out any more!!!!!!!

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
lambourn red

« Reply #10 on: Friday, February 19, 2010, 08:54:23 »

If we win the next 2 home games I have a sneaking suspicion we may take a pretty healthy following to Oreint next week, I have got mates who stopped going during the Mcmahon days who are starting to stir again. We used to go every away game a group of us from Lambourn and Aldbourne but a lot of them have got married had kids etc or even started going to watch the egg chasing at London Irish, but the underlying support of the Town has never gone away and I think people can see that the club is starting to rise from the embers again.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, February 19, 2010, 08:56:13 »

So, what you're saying lambourn is that all your mates are plastic lightweight glory hunters?
lambourn red

« Reply #12 on: Friday, February 19, 2010, 09:02:21 »

So, what you're saying lambourn is that all your mates are plastic lightweight glory hunters?

If you can call people that used to go to every game game during the dark days of the old fourth division in the late 80's plastic and lightweight then yes. Whether you like it or not these are the people that the board are targeting along with their kids and without them be they plastic or whatever you want to call them the boards ambitions will not be realised.
« Last Edit: Friday, February 19, 2010, 09:11:02 by lambourn red » Logged
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, February 19, 2010, 09:11:59 »

Someone from L and P has my three STFC flags....grrrrrrr, still smarting about that.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Friday, February 19, 2010, 18:52:13 »

If you can call people that used to go to every game game during the dark days of the old fourth division in the late 80's plastic and lightweight then yes. Whether you like it or not these are the people that the board are targeting along with their kids and without them be they plastic or whatever you want to call them the boards ambitions will not be realised.
Actually I was taking the piss. You're exactly right, these are precisely the kind of "previously very motivated but somehow in the intervening years alienated" supporters we need to get back.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: