Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: New ground  (Read 10988 times)
wokinghamred

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 23:24:11 »

Just got back (too my computer) from the San Siro. What a fantastic stadium that is. Mind you,, my ticket cost €235 (face value!) so it ought to be good.

Just a shame they were playing ManUre, rather than Inter.

and what the hell was Carrick sent off for? It haopened right in front of me and I haven't got a  clue.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 23:27:06 »

Kicking the ball away.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 23:48:08 »

I went to the San Siro in April 2000 to see Inter play Reggiana (sp) and it cost me about £7.  Huh?

Wokingham RED, who were you supporting?
« Last Edit: Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 23:49:45 by 4D » Logged
Barry Scott

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 23:55:32 »

My ex-girlfriend who used to live in Milan was showing me some old photos once and pulled out a load of her watching Milan. I commented on how ace the photos were, she was completely indifferent and just shrugged explaining she didn't like football... I'd love to watch a match there. It's probably my favourite stadium.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, February 16, 2010, 23:59:02 »

I did enjoy the experience Bazza. You walk about a mile from the metro to the stadium, and it just appears into view, with its "cylinder" walkways that makes it stand out from other grounds.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 07:50:04 »

cracking ground been there twice, looks so impressive when you walk up to it, its like a spaceship.
iffy

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, February 17, 2010, 11:02:24 »

It's ace. We went for the last home game of the season a few years back (v Roma) and whilst all the 'normal' fans got a pat down on the way in, the hardcore Ultras were being waved in with massive fireworks under their arms.
(.)Boobies(.)

« Reply #7 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 08:11:34 »

I was hoping this was about a new stadium for you lot.

The San Siro is a great stadium, but the only thing that lets it down and a lot of the other Italian stadia is that they are all (or mostly all) owned by the local councils, and therefore the grounds don't get much money spent on them in terms of facilities, CCTV... Where as over here, most clubs own their ground and it's in their best interest to putting money into it and reep the profits from doing so.

Is there anything in the pipeline regarding a move from the County Ground?
Rustle
Prediction League Champion 2012/13

TEF World Cup Stunners Champion 2010

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 08:37:34 »

I was hoping this was about a new stadium for you lot.

The San Siro is a great stadium, but the only thing that lets it down and a lot of the other Italian stadia is that they are all (or mostly all) owned by the local councils, and therefore the grounds don't get much money spent on them in terms of facilities, CCTV... Where as over here, most clubs own their ground and it's in their best interest to putting money into it and reep the profits from doing so.

Is there anything in the pipeline regarding a move from the County Ground?

It looks like we are staying where we are but the ground is going to be redeveloped because of the good location it's in,IE train station,town centre etc..

I think the problem is we haven't got a rubbish tip to build one on  Wink
(.)Boobies(.)

« Reply #9 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 08:53:17 »

It looks like we are staying where we are but the ground is going to be redeveloped because of the good location it's in,IE train station,town centre etc..

I think the problem is we haven't got a rubbish tip to build one on  Wink

Soapy Tit Wank Can't argue with that. I'd have prefered we redeveloped Elm Park, as many of us do.

If you guys are going to build on the County Ground, I think it's the best option. It's your home. You lose that sense of belonging when you move. I still don't overly like the pastic bowl we play in, but without it our attendances wouldn't have grown as they have.

An example of that is when we were bouncing about in what is now League 1, we were averaging 15,000 and hitting a few 20,000's when the bigger games against the likes of Bristol City/Rovers, Brighton, Stoke, Wigan... came to play.

The same will happen to Swindon. As much as I hate the so called friendly family atmospheres created these days, it does add bums on seats with the home comforts of a nice stand, view, hot dogs and chips at your seat with a coke... (I fecking hate seeing this btw!) It's fecking football, not the theatre. Stand and sing, don't sit and eat!!

But that's the game of today - sadly.

The stadium development will do your club the world of good. Just don't settle for 3 stands.

L Soapy Tit Wank L
« Last Edit: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 08:55:53 by (.)Boobies(.) » Logged
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 09:53:42 »

I don't mind the Madejski as a stadium.  I was there quite recently for a London Irish game and remember thinking that even after 10+ years it still looked quite smart.  There are also a few nice touches there like the Maurice Evans plaque that establishes a link with the Elm Park days.  My only problem with the Madejski is its location...in a pretty soulless part of Reading that really does nothing for me at all.

We went to the Hobgoblin in the centre of Reading before the game (cracking little pub, if anyone is in the area).  Good day out, but I think I prefer being able to walk from the station to the pub to the ground and back again without having to resort to buses & taxis etc.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 10:20:39 »

excuse me but what season did you average 15,000 in league 1?!?! closer to 5,000.
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 11:03:15 »

KoT - there was a recent thread covering this.  Take a read from here...

http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,37373.msg780039.html#msg780039
(.)Boobies(.)

« Reply #13 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 14:29:08 »

excuse me but what season did you average 15,000 in league 1?!?! closer to 5,000.

Look it up. The promotion season from Division 2/League 1 I believe was higher than that as well.

As for your poor fishing attempt with 5000; I've watched us since 93 and our averages were never that low in that time. Years previous, sure.

Someone posted a link up on our forum, I'll try and find it, but it shows a steady increase in our attendances from 99/00 to the present, where you'll see there's a hardcore home attendance of around 14k (home support), and then dependant on the away attendance, the gates fluctuate between 15-19k.

This is a bad season for us and we're still heading for 16k average. You're in play-off contention and averaging what, sorry? If you want to mock, always be prepared to be mocked.

PS - find a site with out attendances from 2000 to the present.
Harold Shipmans Glasses

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Thursday, February 18, 2010, 14:31:29 »

oh no king isnt good at reading Ride On Fatbury's Lovestick soapy tit wank
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: