Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 'Uddersfield -v- Swindon Twon Official matchday thread  (Read 64388 times)
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 20:54:10 »

Bit of grass roots for you guys

http://tinyurl.com/yjhcurf

Oh and may I say it's been a great day all round
So it looks like Poole have got a pretty good chance of winning the Wessex League. Are they aiming to go into the Southern League? Do they have ambitions of getting in the Conference in 5 years or whatever, do they have some money behind them? (obviously the Austin sale will help considerably in that respect) How big is their fan base?

Just wondering really. Having followed non league football locally fairly closely (admittedly in East Anglia) over the last few years (Conf South, Rymans, Eastern Counties, FA Trophy, Vase) Poole have never really come up on the radar. Things seem to be going pretty well there at the moment though.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 20:59:50 »

They won their league last season but were denied promotion on account of having a shit ground. They're trying to move to a new ground but the plans weren't approved or didn't work out and they're having to think again.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #422 on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 21:40:49 »

jonny has it spot on, we were denied promotion last season because our ground is shit, it's basically the remnants of a school playing field. We had an option on Branksome Rec but that got turned down due to residents complaints but in hindsight was probably not suitable anyway. We are now looking at a new ground here

http://www.canfordpark.com/news.asp

A number of planning constraints have to be overcome mainly as it's greenbelt land, but there are precedents already set in the area. We have a friendly pencilled in against STFC due to the Charlie deal but this will probably be at our current ground. Personally I am hoping that a deal can be struck that will also enable us to play each other at our new ground as and when this comes to fruition. Maybe even due to the close proximity of both teams it will become a regular event

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 21:49:44 »

seen the goals on tv briefly.austins was a great goal,superb cross from ward and he met it well.pretty tame second from ward, and shite defending for both of theirs.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 21:55:22 »

Heh heh!  Cool

Udders fans reckon both our goals were soft..

I reckon 99% of goals scored are soft/shit defending..that's if you ask the fans of the teams who concede them Cool

Rich Pullen

« Reply #425 on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 21:58:59 »

Dear ol' Huddersfield can go on all they want but that doesn't hide the fact that they didn't beat us this season... So there Smiley
Spencer_White

« Reply #426 on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 22:06:50 »

I think the difference between the two sides today was the desperation of Huddersfield. After spending so much they should be up in the play offs and they are not. To be honest we did get battered today, but we still scored 2 goals. Man of the match, without a doubt was Lucas. 3 world class saves, and about 3 good saves. Charlie Austin scored from our first attack. Another of his qualities is that he quite often scores with his first chance, he doesnt have to get warmed up. Fantastic cross from Ward for that goal.

I wouldnt listen too much to Huddersfield because they will be absolutely sick of us. They outplayed us today, only time the game was equal was maybe the last 20 minutes of the first half. Weve done a real jobbie on them. In the summer when they were buying players left right and centre who would have thought we would take 4 points off them?

13 hour round trip today. Didnt hit one bit of traffic all day, was a lot lot quieter than the last time I drove up north on a saturday, wonder if petrol prices are starting to bite? Just got back. Drive was OK on the way up in the light. But it was fucking terrible on the way back in the dark with the spray off the motorway.

Area round the ground was simmilar to Rotherham, working mens clubs by the canal's. Went in the 'Market Porter' and had the worst pint of lager Ive had for years. Had bubbles but it stank and the glass tasted really sweet from not washing the washing up liquid off the glasses. The Peacock was a bit better, was interesting to see how little they cared about Saints Pompey in there. They really couldnt have cared less.  
« Last Edit: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 16:03:29 by Spencer_White » Logged
THE FLASH

Quick as a Flash!

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 22:28:56 »

Swindon were shit. that's all there is to say. Great point, but if it wern't for Lucas, they could have romped to victory and we'd be feeling the same as all those loyal franchise fans.

Linesman - shit
referee - shit
4th official - shit

According to the guys behind me, Wilson - Shit.

Only players who are worth mentioning are GG, Cuthbert, Lucas and Pericard when he came on. Ward's first touch let him down too often, him and ferry were too easily beaten. Lesc - well, i'll keep quite, the right winger had the beating off him, similar thing the other side with Wanky. Dougie didn't really dominate, and Austin was often left wondering. Paynter, nothing special.

Edited for the happyness of the twat who wants specifics in the way the same thing is said, and for those too stupid to understand: the right winger (respectfully left) could get past Lesc (respectfully Wanky) far too easily, without even being challenged.

Hey big spender!!!

1 point!

Now fuck off!!

Clems Army!
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 22:39:27 »

I think the difference between the two sides today was the desperation of Huddersfield. After spending so much they should be up in the play offs and they are not. To be honest we did get battered today, but we still scored 2 goals. Man of the match, without a doubt was Lucas. 3 world class saves, and about 3 good saves. Charlie Austin scored from our first attack. Another of his qualities is that he quite often scores with his first chance, he doesnt have to get warmed up. Fantastic cross from Ward for that goal.

I wouldnt listen too much to Huddersfield because they will be absolutely sick of us. They outplayed us today, only time the game was equal was maybe the last 20 minutes of the first half. Weve done a real jobbie on them. In the summer when they were buying players left right and centre who would have thought we would take 4 points off them?

13 hour round trip today. Didnt hit one back of traffic all day, was a lot lot quieter than the last time I drove up north on a saturday, wonder if petrol prices are starting to bite? Just got back. Drive was OK on the way up in the light. But it was fucking terrible on the way back in the dark with the spray off the motorway.

Area round the ground was simmilar to Rotherham, working mens clubs by the canal's. Went in the 'Market Porter' and had the worst pint of lager Ive had for years. Had bubbles but it stank and the glass tasted really sweet from not washing the washing up liquid off the glasses. The Peacock was a bit better, was interesting to see how little they cared about Saints Pompey in there. They really couldnt have cared less.  

Cheers SW, that's a top post

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
stfcinbmth

« Reply #429 on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 23:06:22 »

13 hour round trip today. Didnt hit one back of traffic all day, was a lot lot quieter than the last time I drove up north on a saturday, wonder if petrol prices are starting to bite? Just got back. Drive was OK on the way up in the light. But it was fucking terrible on the way back in the dark with the spray off the motorway.

Tis the mark of a good side to get battered and come away with a point. Hope you enjoyed the day Spencer
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 23:10:00 »

Swindon were shit. that's all there is to say. Great point, but if it wern't for Lucas, they could have romped to victory and we'd be feeling the same as all those loyal franchise fans.

Linesman - shit
referee - shit
4th official - shit

According to the guys behind me, Wilson - Shit.

Only players who are worth mentioning are GG, Cuthbert, Lucas and Pericard when he came on. Ward's first touch let him down too often, him and ferry were too easily beaten. Lesc - well, i'll keep quite, the right winger had the beating off him, similar thing the other side with Wanky. Dougie didn't really dominate, and Austin was often left wondering. Paynter, nothing special.

Edited for the happyness of the twat who wants specifics in the way the same thing is said, and for those too stupid to understand: the right winger (respectfully left) could get past Lesc (respectfully Wanky) far too easily, without even being challenged.

Can see why you posted most of that, although i dont agree with all of it.
First off. Probably the best new(ish) ground i've been to, and i thought the hudds fans were good noise wise, even though they did have a wanky drum, was it real or tannoyed? The Hudds fans themselves were excellent, we met a couple in the Wellington who took us down the gas club, where they had a band doing skids and tenpole tudor covers. Fucking ace. As for the game, they were the best side i've seen this season, although didn't think too much of their forwards or their much vaunted goalie, might have been an off day, but Lucas was fer better. They pinned us back most of the game, and scored the first from a slice from the touchline(although i may be doing him a disservice, i'll have to see it again. Their second was a free header from a corner. Greer, Lucas and Ward i thought stood out, and i thought Douglas had his worst game for us. Good point though as make no mistake Hudds will make top 6, as i think will we, we weren't anywhere near our best, but we stuck to it, and even with 20 left was confident we would hold if not sneak a winner. Finally top marks to the travelling 443 reds, we made a lot of noise, even if most of it was probably drowned out by the drum! As an away day 10/10.
deltaincline

« Reply #431 on: Saturday, February 13, 2010, 23:25:14 »

I didnt fancy the trip to the Huddersfield shithole today - the last visit was enough for me. Pissed down all afternoon and full of miserable cunts moaning about everything from the south while munching on chips with fucking gravy all over them - the dirty bastards.

Fucking good point for the lads though. Sounds like we got battered in the 2nd half, but a point away pretty much anywhere in this division is good business.

Nice to see Charlie hit the net again as well. That lad is an absolute fucking miracle and needs wrapping up in cotton wool during the week, then letting loose again on match day;-)

westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 00:33:04 »

Good day.

Good point.
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 00:37:54 »

woud have snapped your hand off for a point before the game etc etc
Acetripper

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Sunday, February 14, 2010, 09:09:39 »

Terriers fans view? Here goes!!!

I thought that was a superb game of football played by two very good League One teams. Although our opening goal had a good deal of fortune about it I thought we deserved the lead after battering Swindon in the opening minutes. After that I counted five purposeful Swindon attacks before half-time, two of which produced goals. The first was an absolutely beautiful Austin header from a great cross by Ward, but unfortunately the scorer disgraced himself by shouting fuck off to the family stand, which is full of little kids and he even persisted in mouthing it as he celebrated with his team mates. Well done big fella! Wink

The second goal was a well placed shot by the excellent Ward who in my opinion should have been closed down before he shot. I thought the Terriers more or less dominated the rest of the half and had it not been for excellent instinctive saves Lucas in goal we could have drawn level particularly with a Novak header. Given we'd had so much possession and several goal scoring chances I was disappointed to be trailing at half time.

Within 5 minutes of the restart we were level with a trade mark headed corner from Anthony Kay. At that point I confess I thought we'd go on and win handsomely. As it turn out the second half was indeed oneway traffic but with the Lucas in such brilliant form it was always going to difficult to break the deadlock. At the end I was pleased with a point against an obviously in form and confident Swindon side however, with a bit more creativity  I think could have easily grabbed the victory. Some of our missed chances in the last 15 minutes were unforgivable really however, you make your own luck in football and it just wasn't to be. A totally absorbing game and enough signs for me to believe we're on our way back to form! Three very hard way games in a week now then Leeds Utd at home. Bring it on!

Well done Swindon for coming and at least trying to play football which has become something of a novelty with visiting teams this season to be honest. Good luck for the rest of the season and see you at Wembley! Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30 31 32 33   Go Up
Print
Jump to: