Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town V Oldham Official Matchday Thread  (Read 40676 times)
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #420 on: Thursday, February 11, 2010, 13:38:35 »

Hates Jazz, loves Jizz.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #421 on: Thursday, February 11, 2010, 13:53:53 »

The fact you think Lescinel is a good player and Ward isn't should be enough for you to stop watching football completely as your clueless.

When did I say Ward wasn't good enough? He was pants in the first half outstanding in the second half, how can that be interpreted as him not being good enough? He's young, hasn't played many games and is getting better and better each week. It would be great if we could sign him permanently but it ain't going to happen as he is going to be far too good for us come the end of the season. All of which I've been saying since he first came here.

I defend LJF as I don't believe he deserves the amount of shit he gets from practically everyone else here.
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #422 on: Thursday, February 11, 2010, 13:58:24 »

Maybe .................. Just maybe the amount of shit he gets on here from practically everyone else is possibly down to the fact that he just maybe be a little bit shit ?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #423 on: Thursday, February 11, 2010, 14:07:00 »

It was LJF's ball that played in Paynter to open the scoring against Oldham. No one mentions that, they just blame him for the goals Oldham scored - which is harsh at best and didn't have any bearing on the outcome.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #424 on: Thursday, February 11, 2010, 14:15:33 »

It was LJF's ball that played in Paynter to open the scoring against Oldham. No one mentions that, they just blame him for the goals Oldham scored - which is harsh at best and didn't have any bearing on the outcome.

His positional sense for the first Oldham goal is again comical, hes a mile away from his man and if someone says once again hes come into cover thats garbage, he clearly follows the ball on occasions rather than stay switched on and tight on his man.

Ignore
« Reply #425 on: Thursday, February 11, 2010, 14:18:54 »

the trouble you have jonny is you dont go with the majority.when that happens certain things you say get ignored.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #426 on: Thursday, February 11, 2010, 14:41:22 »

the trouble you have jonny is you dont go with the majority.when that happens certain things you say get ignored.

Generally when you talk bollocks you get ignored, in a post earlier this week Jonny was saying Ward was our 2nd worst player, he refuses to see Lescinel is our weak link.  Its no coincedence the majority see the errors Lescinel is making on goals against us most weeks.  A player with potential no doubt but still defensively very weak, no positional sense and lacks concentration.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #427 on: Thursday, February 11, 2010, 14:42:38 »

His positional sense for the first Oldham goal is again comical, hes a mile away from his man and if someone says once again hes come into cover thats garbage, he clearly follows the ball on occasions rather than stay switched on and tight on his man.

Not surprising he isn't 100% switched on at the moment though.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #428 on: Thursday, February 11, 2010, 14:55:38 »

Why wasnt Ward covering?
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #429 on: Thursday, February 11, 2010, 14:56:38 »

Generally when you talk bollocks you get ignored, in a post earlier this week Jonny was saying Ward was our 2nd worst player, he refuses to see Lescinel is our weak link.  Its no coincedence the majority see the errors Lescinel is making on goals against us most weeks.  A player with potential no doubt but still defensively very weak, no positional sense and lacks concentration.
He is naturally a centre half.Taking that into consideration i think that explains why maybe he drifts in a bit added to that this is his first season in the country plus missing half his family due to a natural disaster i would say he is doing a fucking good job at being a part of a top 5 team.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #430 on: Thursday, February 11, 2010, 15:02:55 »

Not surprising he isn't 100% switched on at the moment though.

Yes but its hardly just a recent thing is it? I knew that would be raised as an excuse but positional sense has been his big weakness since he first arrived at the club.  Wilson and the other coaches need to spend lots of time on the training ground working on his positional sense, drilling into him over and over again how important it is to stay with your man.  It has been very noticeable on goals last couple of weeks just how far away he is from the guy hes supposed to be marking.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #431 on: Thursday, February 11, 2010, 15:05:08 »

Of course the Charlton player who scored was a central midfielder and not his man at all.

Harsh to blame him and only him. Ward should have been covering in both instances and Paynter shouldnt have let Sodje win a free header in his own half. Douglas or Ferry should have been tracking Baily

...but its all Lescinels fault.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #432 on: Thursday, February 11, 2010, 15:05:51 »

Why wasnt Ward covering?

Should Ward always be there just in case Lescinel goes walk about? are you honestly telling me you felt Lescinel did the correct thing defensively on the first goal for Oldham?
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #433 on: Thursday, February 11, 2010, 15:06:28 »

Of course the Charlton player who scored was a central midfielder and not his man at all.

Harsh to blame him and only him. Ward should have been covering in both instances and Paynter shouldnt have let Sodje win a free header in his own half. Douglas or Ferry should have been tracking Baily

...but its all Lescinels fault.

Why should Ward be covering, what is Lescinel doing?
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #434 on: Thursday, February 11, 2010, 15:07:53 »

Firstly, I never said Lesincel did the correct thing or that he was blameless all I said was, it wasnt only his fault.

Ward is the winger, its his job to track back and help the full back.
Pages: 1 ... 26 27 28 [29] 30   Go Up
Print
Jump to: