Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Hal Robson-Kanu  (Read 12013 times)
(.)Boobies(.)

« on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 17:00:53 »

How did you guys think he faired when he was with you last season?

Decent little winger, but lacking an end product?

He's looked bright when we've played him, which in fairness hasn't been enough IMO.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 17:10:41 »

Is he injured at the moment i know we tried to resign him recently?

I like him and thought he was key in keeping us up last year and think in this years team he would have been fucking awesome and probably just what our midfield needs.

Agree about the end product but to be fair very few young wingers develope that til a little bit later anyway
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 17:11:39 »

Undoubtedly a very talented winger. Along with Gordon Greer and Jamie Vincent (the other two players who came into the team in January), he played a big part, in keeping Swindon Town in League One.

He was good with both feet which meant he and McNamee could swap wings at any time.

The thing that impressed me most about him though was how strong he was physically. I suppose he's an unusual frame for a winger but that definitely helped him against some of the tougher/dirtier full backs in the league.

I'd have him back in a second....

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 17:15:31 »

He was alright. Looked like he was going to be a good player, but also looked a bit half arsed at times and needed to learn when to pass and when to keep the ball.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 17:20:17 »

He was quality when he wanted to be and awful when he didnt want to be.

Luckily for us the good outweighed the bad, but not by much.

If you could get him motivated for every game there is a decent player in there.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 17:22:57 »

I think in this team now alongside our midfielers he would be very motivated
Barry Scott

« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 17:32:46 »

Especially as we'd be the only team he'd play for this season that's going in the right direction. Smiley
RedRag

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 17:51:32 »

Agree about the end product but to be fair very few young wingers develope that til a little bit later anyway

I guess "Hal Robson Kanu's Shop" just wouldn't have the same ring to it?
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 18:14:27 »

This thread got me all excited, i thought we had signed him...
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #9 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 18:20:18 »

I thought he was pretty shit to be honest. Very greedy, and lost the ball an awful lot. He must have attempted a shot every other minute or so.
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 18:32:43 »

He looked good when it suited him. He was better than MacNamee though.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 18:51:07 »

Reminds me alot of Bouazza we had here....real quality one moment...dire the next,i liked the confidence he had on the ball and that he was prepared to shoot at any oppurtunity.
Spencer_White

« Reply #12 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 18:54:59 »

Reminds me alot of Bouazza we had here....real quality one moment...dire the next,i liked the confidence he had on the ball and that he was prepared to shoot at any oppurtunity.

Just about to say the same thing. For once it wasnt hard work that let him down, but his concentration.

All to often he'd just stick his head down and try to hit it as hard as he could, sending it half way to the corner flag. But he is a talented player.

I think he learnt some things at Swindon. Unusually he seemed to respond positively to the abuse from the crowd, and look to prove people wrong. Like I said, I didnt think the work rate was that much of a problem. Just picking the wrong options on the pitch.

From what Ive heard he needs to grow up a bit off the pitch though.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 18:59:09 »

Hameur scored the winning goal for Algeria in the Coupe D'Afrique des Nations quarter final v Cote d'Ivoire....could put the number of players who've played for the Town at 4 at the the WC this summer.
ron dodgers

shaddap your face

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 19:10:20 »

surely you mean Algerie ne c'est pas mon ami?
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: