Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 27   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 2010/11 Season Tickets  (Read 66338 times)
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 21:38:20 »

Some truth Sie...but as someone who travels the country Swindon is seen in a better light than what we may think,especially the older Generation who remember the railways...oh and fukin Diana Dors..if i has a pound for everytime someone has mentioned her.
Swindon has a better reputation than we may think outside of Wiltshire.

Absolutely right Leefer
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 21:45:51 »

Some truth Sie...but as someone who travels the country Swindon is seen in a better light than what we may think,especially the older Generation who remember the railways...oh and fukin Diana Dors..if i has a pound for everytime someone has mentioned her.
Swindon has a better reputation than we may think outside of Wiltshire.

Except in Oxfordshire  Wink

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 21:53:45 »

Except in Oxfordshire  Wink

Good point.!..and maybe Berkshire,Gloucester,Avon and Dorset too....oh well.
aroundthefur

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 22:16:07 »

I went to my first match at the County Ground, aged 8, at the 1992/93 play-off semi-final against Tranmere. The following year my old man, brother and I had a season ticket which was renewed year-on-year until the end of 2002/03 as I gradually lost interest and stopped going that season. Then went away to university 2004-07 and followed the off-pitch debacle through the internet. Started attending the odd match after the Fitton takeover as there finally seemed to be a mini re-birth of the club. Enjoyed watching Coxy play and gradually got back into it again. This season have been to the majority of home matches post-cricket season and will be at Southend this Saturday.

Anyway, after that life story, the upshot is I will definitely be buying a season ticket again (in the Town End) for 2010/11. The price is very cheap, the team are winning and we are recruiting good footballers. But regardless, the board are well organised and they have a vision for a sustainable football club. Being able to trust in this is the main reason I am back supporting the club, there is a belief they have the best interests of the club in mind and want to push it forward.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Monday, January 25, 2010, 22:36:27 »

I might buy a season ticket even though i only go to around 10 games a season due to work.

It would be for the TE though as its cheaper.

Im a superfan
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #155 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 00:18:21 »

I went to my first match at the County Ground, aged 8, at the 1992/93 play-off semi-final against Tranmere. The following year my old man, brother and I had a season ticket which was renewed year-on-year until the end of 2002/03 as I gradually lost interest and stopped going that season. Then went away to university 2004-07 and followed the off-pitch debacle through the internet. Started attending the odd match after the Fitton takeover as there finally seemed to be a mini re-birth of the club. Enjoyed watching Coxy play and gradually got back into it again. This season have been to the majority of home matches post-cricket season and will be at Southend this Saturday.

Anyway, after that life story, the upshot is I will definitely be buying a season ticket again (in the Town End) for 2010/11. The price is very cheap, the team are winning and we are recruiting good footballers. But regardless, the board are well organised and they have a vision for a sustainable football club. Being able to trust in this is the main reason I am back supporting the club, there is a belief they have the best interests of the club in mind and want to push it forward.
Fair play mate,good post
Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 04:49:23 »

Interesting reading the thread through.
My view is that their are enough people around with a fondness for the club to support championship football. The other point I would make is that a lot of fans aren't from Swindon. I have friends who support other clubs, & who I would class as armchair premiersh!t supporters. Quite a few do however, go to the occasional higher profile town game & would certainly want to go to Wembley if we grace the payoff final. I think that some would certainly go if we were in the championship playing the likes of Newcastle, Leicester, Westbrom, etc etc.
Even my son has said he'd start going again if we went up.
So I am pretty confident that if we were to go up, & were playing well we'd be pulling in over 10,000 for most games.
As for season tickets this season ? Well if we can keep the form we have at present yes they'll sell.  If we don't then it'll just be the hard core.

From the Dark Side
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 10:45:02 »

If I was Andrew Fitton, I would walk out on to the pitch at half time this evening with a microphone - explain his plans for the club to the masses and encourage the stay-aways to be a part of what he's planning.

Just a thought.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 10:46:46 »

I don't think half time chairmen speeches go that well.

Do they Deliah

Things get better but they never get good
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 10:48:01 »

Obviously he should stay off the sauce before heading out.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 10:49:16 »

"Whhheeeeeeerrrreeee aaarrrreee yoouuuuuu"

I reckon that rallying cry could work

Things get better but they never get good
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #161 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 11:03:35 »

We need a 9000th man
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #162 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 12:12:56 »

I think what WOULD make people take note would be if Fitton DID get on the sauce, go out, and start a chant of "Red Army". I for one would applaud such a move.
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 17:36:11 »

I think what WOULD make people take note would be if Fitton DID get on the sauce, go out, and start a chant of "Red Army". I for one would applaud such a move.

But probably too quickly, like most town fans.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Tuesday, January 26, 2010, 18:04:39 »

When I lived in Coventry, I watched them stay up on the last day of the season (I can't remember which season), but John Sillet was wheeled out and lead a chant of 'Shit on the Villa'.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 27   Go Up
Print
Jump to: