Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Fitton/Watkins Out  (Read 7971 times)
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:30:53 »

I have been suffering in silence, but enough is enough.

Fitton and Watkins really have to get a grip on the one aspect of matchdays which is still floundering along hopelessly.

Catering
I am a simple soul, and don't expect much from my match-day experience. Turn up, buy programme, buy half time draw ticket, chat with the others around me before the game, and be able to buy some hot food at half time. At the last 3 home games the legends lounge have ran out of hot food before we got to the hatch. I don't want to have to miss the last 5 minutes of the first half just to be sure I can get some food.

I know there are other places in the ground I can get chips, but the boys like it down there and it also gives me an outside chance of getting a carvery bap.

So come on Fitton/Watkins, sort it out. It wasn't even a big crowd yesterday, so you can't claim that you were caught out by increased demand.

Rant over Wink

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #1 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:35:05 »

I'll pass the message on
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:36:46 »

Why don't you get something to eat before you get to the ground?

The van outside the county ground does some pretty good footy food. We leave the pub at 2.30, get a hotdog at 2.45 and into our seats for 2.55. All I do at half time is go for a piss and watch the half time scores, belly satisfied an hour previous.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:37:04 »

i agree the catering is utter shite.i rarely buy anything in the ground nowadays.
the water for hot drinks is tepid most of the time, and the hot dogs smell like gone off pet food.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:37:53 »

and the hot dogs smell like gone off pet food.

Reading this, the voice of Baldrick in Blackadder Goes Forth popped into my head and said "That's because they are". I thought I'd let you know.
wiggy

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:39:53 »

Why don't you get something to eat before you get to the ground?

The van outside the county ground does some pretty good footy food. We leave the pub at 2.30, get a hotdog at 2.45 and into our seats for 2.55. All I do at half time is go for a piss and watch the half time scores, belly satisfied an hour previous.

I bring my boys to each match (aged 9 and 7) and boys that age are always hungry! We have lunch before leaving Devizes, and chips at half time just hit the spot. It's not too much to ask, is it?

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:40:55 »

go to york road chippy instead.cheaper and 100 times better
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:42:40 »

They do need to sort it out, if only due to the income they're missing from all the lost sales.

I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd spend a few quid on something to eat and drink at half time, but don't as I can't be arsed queuing and most likely having to miss some of the game.
wiggy

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:42:54 »

We go to York Road on the way back to the car after evening games - can't get there and back at half time though!

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:51:56 »

have them pre match
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:54:28 »

One word: BOVRIL. Oxo is shit.

That is all. That and I missed the goal straight after half time against Yeovil because of snails pace serving.

It must be a good season if all I got to moan about is catering.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 13:56:17 »

is there anything in the world arriba actually likes?

I dont buy anything at the ground and havent done for a fair few years. I used to go with a mate who knew one of the serving birds. The amount of food given to us and the amount of money actually taken. No wonder the club ran up huge debts!!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #12 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 14:00:12 »

The problem with the food is that none of it is hot. I only buy food from the ground when I'm desperate.

They'll soon improve the food if people stop buying it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 14:02:10 »

In fairness they realised it was shit as soon as they took over and sampled it. There was also a survey last year which encompassed views on the food.

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #14 on: Sunday, January 17, 2010, 14:06:57 »

Yes I completed the survey. Nothing has changed. I'm not moaning about it, just saying if you don't like it don't buy it and something will be done.

When I got a pasty at Charlton it was too hot to eat and I queued for 30 seconds to get it.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: