Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 16   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Matchday Thread Town v Gills  (Read 26868 times)
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #30 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 11:25:59 »

I don't think that's odd. Maybe it's my skewed perception, but I always think that teams end shit runs against us.

I recall going to Chesterfield mid 00's, they hadn't won for the first 14 games or so that season...we were going ok, but had Deon Burton up front and Sebastian Ruster got on early.

We got destroyed by a little scuttler called Jamie Cade, and Marvin the Paranoid Android Robinson.  Cade I kept an eye on, but he did nothing after, and Marvin was so bad, he did sterling service, at the non league scum down the road, regularly getting mentioned in despatches, in their worst ever player lists....and that takes some doing.

Can't see us winning today...

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 11:28:22 »

2-0.comfortable win for us
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 11:29:19 »

I'll be disappointed if we don't win, I'll take a 1-0, ideally, we'll do them by 6 clear goals.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #33 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 11:29:30 »

I hope that football is the winner

Things get better but they never get good
dell boy

« Reply #34 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 11:31:30 »

I recall going to Chesterfield mid 00's, they hadn't won for the first 14 games or so that season...we were going ok, but had Deon Burton up front and Sebastian Ruster got on early.

We got destroyed by a little scuttler called Jamie Cade, and Marvin the Paranoid Android Robinson.  Cade I kept an eye on, but he did nothing after, and Marvin was so bad, he did sterling service, at the non league scum down the road, regularly getting mentioned in despatches, in their worst ever player lists....and that takes some doing.

Can't see us winning today...

The Stockport game next week is worrying me, they have lost the last 12 I think?

We have enough to beat Gillingham, not sure about hammering though.
iffy

« Reply #35 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 11:33:25 »

Clean sheet please. We've not kept a clean sheet at home in the league since August.

1-0 with a goal from midfield. JPM or Douglas.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #36 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 11:35:26 »

The Stockport game next week is worrying me, they have lost the last 12 I think?

Sad shit....let's hope it's postponed.
Barry Scott

« Reply #37 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 11:54:06 »

People think we allow teams to overturn runs of defeats when they play us, probably because we previously haven't had the management to maintain a consistent level of form. Wilson has shown that he's created a team that is confident and able to maintain a decent level of consistency.

I think that with Danny as manager both the Gills and Stockport will continue on their bad runs and we won't struggle.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #38 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 12:23:35 »

I think 3-1 and no doubt Charlie will score if he's ok to play
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #39 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 12:27:54 »

well do em 3-0
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #40 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 12:33:10 »

We have enough to beat Gillingham, not sure about hammering though.

The Stockport v Oldham game has been postponed and it doesn;t look good reading for our game on Tuesday. I've heard that the groundsheet has frozen to the actual pitch and if they tear it up the grass will come with it!!

I only live 10 minutes from Edgeley Park and this might be the 2nd time!! 3rd time lucky huh!!!
JB_Swindon

« Reply #41 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 12:49:04 »

4-1 Swindon with billy paynter to score first and a vincent pericard hattrick ! Wink i agree barry before we would struggle against teams lower than us in the league i think we have learned not to become complacent shown by the amount of wins we have agaisnt teams lower than us in the table.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 12:55:37 by JB_Swindon » Logged
adje

Ignore
« Reply #42 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 13:03:23 »

Im missing this-couldn't bear to be present if we dont win but will be gutted if we stuff em and Im not there.However I think we'll cane the bastards and a defender will score for us,maybe Cuthbert or Sheehan.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
JB_Swindon

« Reply #43 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 13:07:28 »

Hopefully sheehan finally fires in one of his free kicks today.
A Gent Orange

Ignore
« Reply #44 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 13:29:36 »

For some reason I'm getting more nervous about this. Form predicts a win for us and so does logic but... I hope Austin is feeling fit and sharp as it will probably be a bit early for Pericard to make a difference. That said I'm going for 2 - 1. Just as we do seem to concede a bit too easily at the moment.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 16   Go Up
Print
Jump to: