Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: ***OFFICIAL*** Pericard has signed ***  (Read 19028 times)
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 10:51:09 »

Pompey fans sits next to me and says it could be an awesome signing. He was disappointed Pericard never went on to fulfil his potential with them. He recalls him skinning Gary Neville in an FA Cup game against United. Fingers crossed he's a good'un. For now, I'd stick with BP and CA. Any dip in form and in he goes...
I'm sure he'll get some time off the bench atleast, and then hopefully Wilson will be able to judge how best to play him
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 13:30:57 »

He recalls him skinning Gary Neville in an FA Cup game against United.

Well, it's not exactly the hardest accomplishment in the world.
nochee

« Reply #47 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 17:08:02 »

Carlisle fans have got the right hump about us nicking him off them

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=121&fid=18&sty=2&act=1&mid=2123235727

reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 17:45:39 »

Carlisle fans have got the right hump about us nicking him off them

http://boards.footymad.net/forum.php?tno=121&fid=18&sty=2&act=1&mid=2123235727

Some of them do seem to need a reality check. They offered him a 3 month contract so they could ditch him if he didn't perform instantly, and are complaining that he's shown no loyalty.
iffy

« Reply #49 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 19:48:26 »

Exactly. You get what you give.

I don't see how a club offering a three month trial contract to a player can complain about loyalty. What did they think would happen?
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 20:52:24 »

With regards to the money stuff on the other thread and the Carlisle forum, I think most of our fans either conveniently forget or don't realise that the club is still massively in debt - £11.8m in the latest accounts. OK, so the debt is (mainly if not all) to the holding company (owned by Fiiton & co) which is the majority shareholder of the club but it is still a debt.

Its also still climbing, up £3m in the latest accounts on the previous year and probably another £2m this season.

I'm not saying its anything to worry about (though it could be one day) just pointing out it is there.

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 20:59:09 »

throw him tomorrow.3 upfront!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 21:39:22 »

With regards to the money stuff on the other thread and the Carlisle forum, I think most of our fans either conveniently forget or don't realise that the club is still massively in debt - £11.8m in the latest accounts. OK, so the debt is (mainly if not all) to the holding company (owned by Fiiton & co) which is the majority shareholder of the club but it is still a debt.

Its also still climbing, up £3m in the latest accounts on the previous year and probably another £2m this season.

I'm not saying its anything to worry about (though it could be one day) just pointing out it is there.

IIRC, it's only because the CVA still hasn't been finalised properly (or wasn't at the time the latest accounts were published) and therefore the full amount (roughly £9million I think) still has to be shown on the balance sheet.

I'm sure pauld will be along to correct me shortly Smiley
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #53 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 21:44:35 »

It's more like £13.7m in the latest accounts and £2m is related to the CVA.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 23:17:30 »

IIRC, it's only because the CVA still hasn't been finalised properly (or wasn't at the time the latest accounts were published) and therefore the full amount (roughly £9million I think) still has to be shown on the balance sheet.

I may have misunderstood but the way I read it is that the club still owes the money, except now it owes it to the holding company (Fitton & co) rather than creditors. Obviously the holding company aren't demanding it be repaid and it is the majority shareholder of the club but still, the debt is there for all to see in the club accounts.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #55 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 23:25:31 »

Off the top of my head 7m is to the holding co, 2m to the cva which had to be shown as a liability even though paid because Andronikou didnt complete the paperwork in time, 1.5m to shaw developments which was in dispute. Clearly we're still in a tricky position as jonny says. I'm more confident Fitton has a handle on it though
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 11:41:19 »

With regards to the money stuff on the other thread and the Carlisle forum, I think most of our fans either conveniently forget or don't realise that the club is still massively in debt
Whatever the figures, this is a very good point. i think most of us here do still realise that the club is in a precarious position, is losing money, and needs to do something in the next few years to turn things around and start paying this off. As Si says, it does seem like Fitton knows what he is doing, and I certianly have a lot more confidence in him and his crew than in any other recent board. Unfortunately, as you say, some people seem to think Fitton has come in, paid off the debts and is willing to do a bit of an Al Fayed to spend our way up the leagues. He's not, and I for one am quite thankful. We could end up looking like Portsmouth, Norwich, Southampton or Leeds if we chase the dream.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 12:32:32 »

We could end up looking like... Norwich, Southampton or Leeds if we chase the dream.

What, in league1 Smiley

Phil_S

Who changed my Avatar ?!

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 12:39:37 »

Whilst Andrew Fitton & Co are no doubt doing an excellent job, I think the above illustrates how us fans should not just forget about the finances of the club. You never know what will happen in the future, so it's important we gain as much influence in the club as we can.
Hence the objective of gaining a shareholding in the club

http://thetownend.com/index.php/topic,37238.0.html
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 12:43:58 by Phil_S » Logged

From the Dark Side
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Saturday, January 16, 2010, 12:56:38 »

What, in league1 Smiley

You know what I meant!
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7   Go Up
Print