Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Alex Revell  (Read 4965 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 22:17:35 »

Thorpe? He played for Grimsby at the CG about 12 months after we released him and he was absolutely awful. We should have beaten them about 8 nil that day.

Cureton just haunted us whilst he was at the CG.

Pleased he fixed himself up with a club, but doesnt he fall foul of the FIFA 2 clubs in season rule? Or does that not apply to lower leagues?

I seem to remember Thorpe winning a dodgy penalty for Colchester resulting in a 1-0 defeat for us and  Cureton-didnt he score the winning penalty for Norwich as recently as a few weeks ago?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, January 12, 2010, 22:24:23 »

So we should keep a bunch of shit players so they don't play against us, but remain absolutely shit? I like your thinking.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, January 13, 2010, 19:18:56 »

didn't say we should keep them-just saying players have a habit of doing well against former clubs.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
lambourn red

« Reply #18 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 08:24:01 »

I think that's right, the FIFA rule says a player can only be registered with 2 clubs a season - nothing at all about how many they can play for, just how many they can be registered with. And a loan doesn't affect a players registration.

"They thought they had signed striker Alex Revell from Southend United only to be told by the Football League that they can’t because he has already represented two clubs this season" from the Bucks Free Press looks like Revell is going back to Southend whther he likes it or not
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 08:26:26 »

looks like Revell is going back to Southend whther he likes it or not

Depends whether his release by Southend was dependant on,  or separate from his signing for Wycombe. He may well find himself clubless, hope not.
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 15:03:22 »

Looks like I was wrong and loan periods do count towards the two club rule.

It was a problem when Liverpool wanted to sign Mascherano on loan from West Ham, they couldn't initially as he had played for Corinthians that season as well. They let it through in the end and changed the rules to take in to account leagues with seasons that over lap.

Hope it works out for him. Pretty bloody stupid rule really, especially the counting of loan periods.
chrisser

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, January 15, 2010, 15:28:56 »

I think that emergency loans (up to 93 days) don't count towards the 2 club maximum but 'long term' loans such as we took Revell on do.  Remember when we were trying to sign Cox permanently from Reading and Northampton were after him too - they had a problem because he had already played for us and Reading that season and could only take him on emergency loan.  So the solution for Revell is to stay on Southend's books but be loaned out temporarily.  The rule is still stupid though...
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: