Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: SA - England: Fourth Test  (Read 20467 times)
The Artist Billy Paynter

Ignore
« Reply #60 on: Monday, January 18, 2010, 12:59:34 »

May aswell have left Pietersen out and given him a break too.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #61 on: Monday, January 18, 2010, 19:17:12 »

I'm sure he would have been left out if he hadn't had a woeful series.

Less changes than expected for the Banglas tour, Strauss and Anderson the only ones left out. Shahzad of Yorkshire comes in, don't know much about him but he's another medium-fast bowler, we need someone with out an out pace- I'd have given Steven Finn a tour if they've (perhaps wisely) decided Mahmood is a no go.

Looking @ Cricinfo, Shahzad has a first class bowling average of 35, and a batting average of 30: Broadesque, anyone?
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #62 on: Monday, January 18, 2010, 21:01:56 »

I'm sure he would have been left out if he hadn't had a woeful series.

Less changes than expected for the Banglas tour, Strauss and Anderson the only ones left out. Shahzad of Yorkshire comes in, don't know much about him but he's another medium-fast bowler, we need someone with out an out pace- I'd have given Steven Finn a tour if they've (perhaps wisely) decided Mahmood is a no go.

Looking @ Cricinfo, Shahzad has a first class bowling average of 35, and a batting average of 30: Broadesque, anyone?

I saw Shazad bowl in a one dayer on the box back end of last season, from memory, he's one of those quicks who break down in their youth, and so come back a bit slower.

Think anyone who can bowl a bit sharply will get a game for England in the hope of unearthing a gem.  Meaker at Surrey is sharp, and has the advantage of being a Saffa.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: