Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Aljofree out...  (Read 7230 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 14:21:53 »

He was Sturrock's player and showed signs of what might have been in his early days with us.  I also think we didn't see the best of him...just as we didn't with Cureton or Brian Howard either.

A lot of the negative sentiment about Hasney surely dates to the occasion when he publicly fell out with a few Town End residents.  That and the fact that, under DW, we've moved on.  Hasney reminds us all of darker times at the club, and we don't like to dwell on them.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 15:19:25 »

Was good under Sturrock, not so good under Malpas.

Dont think he deserved the stick he got and he's perfectly within his rights to give it back to some of our more dickheaded fans.

Would have liked to have seen him play a few games under Wilson.

After the turn around with JPM anything is possible.
Riddick

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 15:29:14 »

think he could still do a job to be honest. To similar to Greer in that he lacks pace but uses his head and given the wages should be shifted out to make space for attacking options. Especially as we have Morrison back now, could just do with some right back cover really in defence, as i dont want Cuthbert shifted if Kev gets injured.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 16:14:24 »

I can't see us getting rid of him without it costing us money - a free transfer and a pay off to cover the inevitable drop in wages he'll have to take. But he ain't likely to play for us again so any money we save overall is a bonus.

I suspect this will be the case, perhaps stfc will look to pay him of now and that is why his agent has leaked this to ensure clubs know he is available, it is probably easier for him to find another club in January than it will be with everyone else out of contract in the summer, suspect he will drop to L2 though, probably do a good job for one of the team's struggling
Spencer_White

« Reply #19 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 16:26:09 »

He was Sturrock's player and showed signs of what might have been in his early days with us.  I also think we didn't see the best of him...just as we didn't with Cureton or Brian Howard either.

Howard was quality for the 15 game unbeaten run in early 2004. He was so good King had him in the middle of the park, but he got a straight red against Grimsby on a tuesday night which ruled him out for quite a lot of the big games at the end of the season. Over the next summer he seemed to give up because so many good players left and got fat. Unfortunately his attitude has been proved suspect at every club he has been at. He hasnt left one club on good terms with their manager/fans.

Aljofree was a prat with regards to the fans and as club captain misled other players down the route of blaming the fans, rather than scrutinising their own performances.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #20 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 16:42:38 »

I don't like the bloke, I remember at Stockport last season, Even though he was getting stick from the fans, The way he reacted to it was wrong and i was right infront of him!

It's no co-incidence that someone on here said everyone at the club hates the guy even office workers.

Also i'll never forget his comments last season "The players are scared to play at the County Ground". Pathetic!

Will be glad to see the back of him.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 16:52:08 »

Think it's for the best. Forgetting all the past issues with the fans etc he just isn't good enough to get into our first team anymore. Especially now we have Morrison back as cover. Get him off the bill and try and sign a decent striker with the money.
DMR

« Reply #22 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 17:31:49 »

Howard was quality for the 15 game unbeaten run in early 2004. He was so good King had him in the middle of the park, but he got a straight red against Grimsby on a tuesday night which ruled him out for quite a lot of the big games at the end of the season. Over the next summer he seemed to give up because so many good players left and got fat. Unfortunately his attitude has been proved suspect at every club he has been at. He hasnt left one club on good terms with their manager/fans.

Aljofree was a prat with regards to the fans and as club captain misled other players down the route of blaming the fans, rather than scrutinising their own performances.

Absolutely spot on.
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #23 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 19:58:25 »

"ALJOKEFREE"

Somebody had to do it, after all this may be the last we see of the most hilarious play on words in world history.
chalkies_shorts

« Reply #24 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 21:20:48 »

If I overlook the fact I think he is a complete cunt then we haven't really missed him, have we. Greer needs a rest but is still a better option. We've got cover in Morrison and JFL if necessary. I don't wish the guy any harm - once he's off our books. Good riddance.
As someone else said he's a reminder of darker days and we've moved on considerably since then thankfully.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Friday, January 8, 2010, 23:39:59 »

If I overlook the fact I think he is a complete cunt then we haven't really missed him, have we. Greer needs a rest but is still a better option. We've got cover in Morrison and JFL if necessary. I don't wish the guy any harm - once he's off our books. Good riddance.
As someone else said he's a reminder of darker days and we've moved on considerably since then thankfully.

He'll get one this weekend.

Aljofree's an expensive twat we're better shot of.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
glos_robin

« Reply #26 on: Saturday, January 9, 2010, 18:52:11 »

Good news, unpopular with everyone at the club from players to office staff.......obviously thought he was bigger than the club, no loss at all to us.
Expect he'll end up moving back to somewhere around Manchester, can only see him getting a shit league 1 club or league 2 so wouldn't be surprised to see him at someone like Oldham, Stockport, Rochdale, Bury or such like.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Saturday, January 9, 2010, 21:31:05 »

Has anyone told Southend he's available?  Wink

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Nomoreheroes
The Moral Majority

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Saturday, January 9, 2010, 23:30:40 »

Has anyone told Southend he's available?  Wink
Said in jest, but I did wonder whether that is what will happen, with Swindon paying a large percentage of his wage, if he isn't picked up by another team?

You're my incurable malady. I miss the pleasure of your company.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Sunday, January 10, 2010, 14:08:22 »

http://www.thisisswindontownfc.co.uk/news/headlines/4843122.Aljofree_poised_for_Town_exit/

A mere 36 hours later, the Adver "understand" exactly the same thing with no extra information. Quality journalism.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: