Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: 5,335  (Read 5209 times)
westcountry

Ignore
« on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 10:35:55 »

Wigans attendance at the weekend against Hull, not that they are the greatest football fans ever but that is terrible!! The second lowest out of all the cup ties played only beaten by Torquay.
TownLoyal

« Reply #1 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 10:56:06 »

Cheesy that is dreadful.
Although its only the cup would expect a lot better.

out of interest westcountry, where did you get that picture in your avatar?
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 11:00:19 »

out of interest westcountry, where did you get that picture in your avatar?

The Official Website, i got more on my Facebook as well which i could post on here?
TownLoyal

« Reply #3 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 11:08:58 »

ahh didn't see any of the fans on the OS. Yeah please, or add me on FB and ill have a look from there?
Craig Lea in Bristol network I think
Spencer_White

« Reply #4 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 12:28:18 »

This is what I dont get about teams like Wigan. They are top flight, theyve never won a major trophy. These few years with a top flight team are the best chance they will ever have.

But they arent interested.
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 12:32:18 »

Probably staying in the top flight is their highest priority!

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #6 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 12:35:24 »

This is what I dont get about teams like Wigan. They are top flight, theyve never won a major trophy. These few years with a top flight team are the best chance they will ever have.

My old man has supported wigan for 50 odd years,the massive problem they have up there is that they are still a rugby town, until they win something big to grab the attention of the locals i think it will stay like that for the foreseeable future.

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
westcountry

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 12:35:41 »

I hate Wigan fans! just because they're shit!!
Spencer_White

« Reply #8 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 12:38:12 »

Yes, thanks for that Sippo. Obviously it is top priority for the board and maybe the playing staff. But it shouldnt be for the fans. It doesnt set anything down in history.

Look at how proud we are of the 1969 League Cup win 40 years on? Only club in the West Country to win a major trophy.

Fair play to Pompey. Theyve had it. But they had a top team, and theyve got the silverware to prove it. In an argument Southampton can no longer compete!

Whits, Wigan Athletic? Formed in 1979?
Summerof69

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 13:02:06 »

Whits, Wigan Athletic? Formed in 1979?

Wigan entered the league in 1978 but were formed in 1932.

BAZINGA !!

Join the Red Army Fund and donate at www.redarmyfund.co.uk

Join the Football Supporters Federation for FREE at www.fsf.org.uk/join.php
Spencer_White

« Reply #10 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 13:06:27 »

ah, sorry whits.

Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 13:43:31 »

he spent a lot of time watching non-league football in his earlier years. Wigan fans on the whole aren't great but in a way i'm glad for him as hes seen them when they were really shit. (i remember watching wigan shrewsbury in the early 90's at springfield park and a few others and when martinez starting playing there with the 3 amigos!) and now he gets to see them against man utd, chelsea and all that jazz.

Lets be honest its what every fan wants, to see there club from the early days get to the top league that they can.

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 14:32:13 »

Wigan did get to the League Cup final a few years ago, in their defence, but I agree with you in principle.

Reading under Coppell were another example, fielding reserve teams in the FA Cup and not wanting to qualify for Europe when they had the best squad they will ever have. And look at them now.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 15:57:34 »

All I can remember about Wigan is going when they won the Second Div at a canter (we lost 2-0 I think).  The place was mostly empty and the fans that were there were awful.  Probably the worst home support I've ever seen.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, January 5, 2010, 17:43:33 »

All I can remember about Wigan is going when they won the Second Div at a canter (we lost 2-0 I think).  The place was mostly empty and the fans that were there were awful.  Probably the worst home support I've ever seen.

It's a rugby town though isn't it really? They sell out the DW for Wigan super league games.
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: