Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: January Transfer Window  (Read 15196 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 17:36:40 »

I think now that Macca has gone, I would like to see a decent left winger. O'Brien isn't reliable, and Ward is more of a striker although he is doing well when put there.
If Morrison doesn't come back we definately need a centre back as cover.

JFL and Ben 'Lead boots' Hutchinson can go, and others?

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 17:37:47 »

I heard we were after Steve Lomas

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 17:40:43 »

i'd like us to push the boat out and get a decent centre mid.sign sheehan up and maybe another left mid.offload aljofree and peacock and kennedy on loan if we can get those players i mention and bring morrison back.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #3 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 17:41:14 »

Cannot wait for Hutchinson to hurry up and go back to Celtic what utter cack he is!

I would like to see us either loan out or come to a mutual agreement with Casal, Peacock, Aljofree & Marshall.

I think we need a new left back (Sheehan hopefully) Although i heard we are after Michael Rose of Stockport.

We need a left winger as O'Brien is always injured and we definitely need another striker and maybe a centre back if Morrison goes.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 17:50:00 »

I think we're going a bit overboard here really. Hutchinson is almost certainly on his way, Casal would be if anyone wanted him.

Apart from that, I think everyone has a role to play, however minor. Peacock won't get much playing time, but he's clearly a leader and it's important to have a few of those sorts of characters in and around the team. Aljofree, who knows, he's been out injured for so long, but it'd be good to have him back as much as people don't like him, we need cover at the back. For the same reason, LJF should stay, although I'd say he has the potential to be a decent enough player. Similarly, Marshall won't see much action, but his pace will be useful against the slower full backs we come up against, so he's worth having as an option at least unless we can get a new winger in.

Evolution, not revolution please. Sign Sheehan permanently, extend Ferry and Ward's loans and bring in one or two more, in which case a few of the above might be able to go. The one type of player I'd like to se brought it in would be a proper goalscoring left winger- someone like Stuart Elliot was when Hull went up, or like Peter Whittingham does for Cardiff, as that would provide us with the goals from midfield we're looking for without breaking up the Ferry/Douglas partnership. No idea who would be available to fill that sort of role, but I trust Wilson, Ryder and Fitton to bring in the right players, and I think they've proved themselves capable enough in the transfer market.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 18:09:53 »

The one type of player I'd like to se brought it in would be a proper goalscoring left winger- someone like Stuart Elliot was when Hull went up, or like Peter Whittingham does for Cardiff, as that would provide us with the goals from midfield we're looking for without breaking up the Ferry/Douglas partnership. No idea who would be available to fill that sort of role, but I trust Wilson, Ryder and Fitton to bring in the right players, and I think they've proved themselves capable enough in the transfer market.

Andy Monkhouse  Smiley

The Ward situation presumably wont have been helped by the sacking of Megson.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #6 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 18:13:00 »

I think we're going a bit overboard here really. Hutchinson is almost certainly on his way, Casal would be if anyone wanted him.

Apart from that, I think everyone has a role to play, however minor. Peacock won't get much playing time, but he's clearly a leader and it's important to have a few of those sorts of characters in and around the team. Aljofree, who knows, he's been out injured for so long, but it'd be good to have him back as much as people don't like him, we need cover at the back. For the same reason, LJF should stay, although I'd say he has the potential to be a decent enough player. Similarly, Marshall won't see much action, but his pace will be useful against the slower full backs we come up against, so he's worth having as an option at least unless we can get a new winger in.

Evolution, not revolution please. Sign Sheehan permanently, extend Ferry and Ward's loans and bring in one or two more, in which case a few of the above might be able to go. The one type of player I'd like to se brought it in would be a proper goalscoring left winger- someone like Stuart Elliot was when Hull went up, or like Peter Whittingham does for Cardiff, as that would provide us with the goals from midfield we're looking for without breaking up the Ferry/Douglas partnership. No idea who would be available to fill that sort of role, but I trust Wilson, Ryder and Fitton to bring in the right players, and I think they've proved themselves capable enough in the transfer market.
We have enough Leaders in the team now which is good.The likes of Peacock and Aljofree are on far to much money just to be good in the dreesing room Imo
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #7 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 18:24:13 »

I agree, I know Peacock & Aljofree are big earners, they are up there with the highest earners at the club if not the highest and they are not needed anymore.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 18:25:25 »

If they are on big contracts (and unlike most I have no idea what anyone at the club is paid) what chance do we have of getting rid before the end of their contracts?
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 18:30:11 »

I'm led to believe Peacock is the top earner at the club.
Don Rogers Shop

« Reply #10 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 18:30:31 »

We can put the names out to other clubs can't we and let them know they are available
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 18:42:38 »

Isn't there a financial implication to circulating a players name if they don't want to be transfer listed?
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 18:43:57 »

Talking of transfers, it would be nice to see Beckford get sold before we play Leeds.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 18:45:11 »

Newcastle...next week i think...and hope.
pride_of_wilts

« Reply #14 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 18:47:12 »

Isn't there a financial implication to circulating a players name if they don't want to be transfer listed?

Yes there is.
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 7   Go Up
Print
Jump to: