Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Tory 50 pledges for the Council.....  (Read 3829 times)
red macca

« Reply #30 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2005, 08:59:18 »

Quote from: "Reg Smeeton"
Whatever....but in fact you said you'd look into how much the cricket club pays for its patch relative to the football club for its smaller patch.
reg i dont want to start a argument but this poor fucking bloke has answered nearly every question he can. give the bloke some leway here, me for one have found out some interesting facts since jt decided to do this thread you probably knew most of them anyway but im not as in the know as you are when it comes to the politics side of things. i dont see no one else on here trying to answer these questions so come on reg play nice ,,,,please Cheesy  Cheesy
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #31 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2005, 09:12:24 »

Deano I could start an argument in an empty room......the thread was startd by me, about the Tory's commitment to STFC and whether their 50 pledges suggest as much.

Now JT is a big player in this group..... losing candidate at the last election. Has he answered the question......does the 50 pledges suggest the Tory group is commited to a CG redevelopment?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #32 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2005, 10:00:35 »

Deano I could start an argument in an empty room......the thread was startd by me, about the Tory's commitment to STFC and whether their 50 pledges suggest as much.

Now JT is a big player in this group..... losing candidate at the last election. Has he answered the question......does the 50 pledges suggest the Tory group is commited to a CG redevelopment?

Reg, I admire your resolve to bemoan the Council at every turn (FWIW, my own feelings towards the Council are not generally positive).

But to offer a flip side, related to my off the cuff proposal earlier, how much has the club done to investigate a joint partnership with the Council or to look at financial arrangements?  My guess is little more than badgering them to let them develop the land and complaining for about 10 years on the rent issue.  Most of the clubs financial mess is down to the people running it over that period (and even going back to the late 70's)

I have never heard any noises, from either side, about creating a Community ground.  And until that happens, why would either side look to help the other?
red macca

« Reply #33 on: Tuesday, June 7, 2005, 17:06:31 »

Quote from: "deanored"
Whatever....but in fact you said you'd look into how much the cricket club pays for its patch relative to the football club for its smaller patch.
reg i dont want to start a argument but this poor fucking bloke has answered nearly every question he can. give the bloke some leway here, me for one have found out some interesting facts since jt decided to do this thread you probably knew most of them anyway but im not as in the know as you are when it comes to the politics side of things. i dont see no one else on here trying to answer these questions so come on reg play nice ,,,,please Cheesy  Cheesy
jt answer the bloody question please then its over Cheesy  Cheesy
JTomlinson

« Reply #34 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 22:24:08 »

Reg - I have an answer for you!

As the cricket club is not a commercial club (ie with a bar, club shop etc), nor is it actually their land, they don't pay rates like the club does.

One advantage of the County Ground scheme could be that we are able to move the cricket pitch to a new location which will allow us to provide the extra 1 metre so they can move upto County level.  Seems silly, but at the moment due to fire access, we cant squeeze the extra 1 metre onto the site!
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #35 on: Tuesday, June 21, 2005, 22:39:27 »

Quote from: "JTomlinson"
Reg - I have an answer for you!

As the cricket club is not a commercial club (ie with a bar, club shop etc), nor is it actually their land, they don't pay rates like the club does.

One advantage of the County Ground scheme could be that we are able to move the cricket pitch to a new location which will allow us to provide the extra 1 metre so they can move upto County level.  Seems silly, but at the moment due to fire access, we cant squeeze the extra 1 metre onto the site!

Fuck me I got pissed in  a cricket club without a bar back in the autumn.

So in other words they pay bugger all for using a sporting facility provided by the Council, and the FC  pays big bucks.....because its the peoples' sport, and can therefore be screwed.
Pages: 1 2 [3]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: