Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs. Fulham Official Matchday Thread  (Read 37846 times)
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #240 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 10:56:06 »

OB are cnuts. I remember trying to leave Elm Park early once, not because we were 3-0 down but because I had a bar job to get to in the evening. They wouldn't let me cos they thought I'd cause trouble, even though I'm soft as sh*te and had no Town shirt on or anything.

fuckers. I later got bottled at Reading station, and they did nothing.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #241 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 10:58:54 »

Is it me or is Andy Johnson fucking rubbish.

I disagree, I thought he was a handful for our defence pretty much the whole game. Pen was abysmal though.
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #242 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 10:59:08 »

Unbelievably as I was leaving the ground I heard one bloke say to his mate something along the lines of "we were shit and so was the atmosphere"  Eek Eek WTF!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #243 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 10:59:31 »

What time did you get there? I had a burger in the park, next to the church. It came in a nice soft roll, and was a big fat chunk of meat with a generous helping of cheese and onions. One of the best burgers I've had at/before a game

We nicked ours from the oven heater in the pub before the game. Shame on us! All it took was to remove a gromit and remove the pane of glass...
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #244 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 10:59:53 »

the one chance I kept thinking about was when douglas broke into the box and waited too long before shooting...
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #245 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:00:29 »

i didn't think we were shit but the atmosphere was lacking i thought. maybe it was because of where we were stood who knows?

Spy

Ignore
« Reply #246 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:10:39 »

Yeah with 5800 people or whatever it was maybe it did depend slightly where you were stood. Thankfully I was stood just to the right of the goal right at the front with some boisterous lads next to me. Although wherever you were it wasn't long before you heard another song was it? Especially in the second half the singing seemed almost continuous.

Ignore
« Reply #247 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:14:41 »

sorry to sound off but that's your own fucking fault.

if he is in a bad way with walking/standing then he should be in a wheel chair and sat in the disabled area where they had a very good view all game.

instead of making him stand/sit in the middle of everyone else when he physically cannot do so.

maybe he isn't classed as disabled?
what about the elderly,people with small kids etc,etc.is it there fucking faults as well?
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #248 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:16:58 »

what about the elderly,people with small kids etc,etc.is it there fucking faults as well?

If it was that much of an issue they could've been asked to move to the side stand as previously said.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #249 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:17:25 »

You were about 8 rows in front / slightly to the left of me Luci. The people to your right did sit down when first asked by the steward, but the people a couple of rows in front of me decided not to copy them. It was OK for the terracing days because if you didn't like where you stood you could just move somewhere else.

I have only just clicked who you are  Cheesy
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #250 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:26:06 »

no but are they on here bitching and moaning about it?

TownLoyal

« Reply #251 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:26:55 »

@ Spy - I believe I may have been one of those boisterous (sp?) lads stood near you  Cheesy Was meant to be sat higher up i think but didnt wanna sit on my own so sat with about 10 or so mates.

Atmosphere was brilliant all day, from arriving in Paddington all the way to putney bridge we were singing.. even when we went to Stamford bridge for a nosey round  Cheesy

The team could've done more but i'm quite pleased with 1-0.. could've been worse.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #252 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:29:55 »

I checked who was behind me before I stood all game. Luckily, by me everyone was standing.

I know how frustrating it is when you've got a small child with you whose view is obstructed, although usually it isn't a problem as there's loads of space.

I thought the atmosphere was pretty good, loads of singing even though most people were seperated from those they usually stand with.

Very uneventful train journey back to Swindon, spent it asleep (There's a surprise!)

It's All Good..............

Ignore
« Reply #253 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:31:53 »

no but are they on here bitching and moaning about it?

no because they dont post on here.
plenty were complaining to stewards on saturday.we had fans just standing wherever they wanted.
some bloke went mental at a steward as his small kid got knocked into by some pissed up twat in the wrong seat.

it's alright when you are an able adult, but it's selfish to just brush it off as it effects other people.
i've been there time after time at games with a small kid who cant see anything unless i picked him up.
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #254 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:34:32 »

Phil King was stood to the left of me a couple of rows away and was with that ginger fella (Tommy) who used to be in Corrie.
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 16 [17] 18 19 20 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: