Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs. Fulham Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38171 times)
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #225 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 21:29:22 »

What is so funny about my elderly dad being physically unable to stand up to watch an entire football match?
I suppose you also think its funny that he was in agony walking to and from the coaches.
Fortunately the people sat in the few rows in front of us were really good when I explained and stayed in their seats for pretty much all of the match, even though it meant their view was blocked a bit.

why did you not asked to be moved then? There were plenty of seats in the stand to the left which had Swindon fans in it. Instead of moaning you should've done that.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #226 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 21:54:20 »

i had no choice but to stand as i had a great fucking pole a couple of feet on front of me.i was right next to the gang way and some woamn walked up to the steward there and said "i hope you will make them all sit down".he blanked her

fuck off i was in the last but 1 row. :-)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #227 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 21:58:15 »

Our section to the left at the front of p6 were asked to sit. Did for part of the game. My other half and I actually offered two elderly people to swap seats as they couldn't see.  It's hard not to stand when you get caught up in the atmosphere, especially yesterday but that's what it's like and most regulars will always try standing where possible.  That's pretty standard.

Some woman behind said to a steward "sorry but we can't see when they stand up" and the steward said "well we've done everything we can but unfortunately your fans have a reputation for standing".

4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #228 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 22:07:53 »

Our section to the left at the front of p6 were asked to sit. Did for part of the game. My other half and I actually offered two elderly people to swap seats as they couldn't see.  It's hard not to stand when you get caught up in the atmosphere, especially yesterday but that's what it's like and most regulars will always try standing where possible.  That's pretty standard.

Some woman behind said to a steward "sorry but we can't see when they stand up" and the steward said "well we've done everything we can but unfortunately your fans have a reputation for standing".

You were about 8 rows in front / slightly to the left of me Luci. The people to your right did sit down when first asked by the steward, but the people a couple of rows in front of me decided not to copy them. It was OK for the terracing days because if you didn't like where you stood you could just move somewhere else.
« Last Edit: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 22:09:44 by 4D » Logged
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #229 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 22:09:26 »

There was one woman behind us (we were in row B) who insisted on sitting down. As she was pretty much directly behind me I sat down, except for exciting moments (whenever we got the ball in their half). At half time, I was incredibly pissed off to see her stood up for the full 15 minutes, so decided to stand for the whole second half, like everybody else was.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #230 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 22:34:20 »

Fuck
I wonder if you were near us as there were two little uns in front of us pissing themselves at that ! Contrary to what Charlton FC think kids feel about swearing !!?
Also anyone try the burgers just as you got into the park off Putney bridge ? Buns harder than Bullock !!!!

Fucking hell-they were terrible,less meat than Paul McCartney's fridge!(the burgers that is,not the buns)

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #231 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 22:37:51 »

Fuck
Fucking hell-they were terrible,less meat than Paul McCartney's fridge!(the burgers that is,not the buns)
What time did you get there? I had a burger in the park, next to the church. It came in a nice soft roll, and was a big fat chunk of meat with a generous helping of cheese and onions. One of the best burgers I've had at/before a game
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #232 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 22:38:49 »

I had a decent enough bacon and egg roll from inside the caff.  Quite happy with that.  They let me in the ground with a coffee as well.  That wouldn't happen at the CG.

Never knowingly overstated.
adje

Ignore
« Reply #233 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 22:50:26 »

What time did you get there? I had a burger in the park, next to the church. It came in a nice soft roll, and was a big fat chunk of meat with a generous helping of cheese and onions. One of the best burgers I've had at/before a game

After the game R4E-unwise move!

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #234 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 10:25:01 »

What is so funny about my elderly dad being physically unable to stand up to watch an entire football match?

I suppose you also think its funny that he was in agony walking to and from the coaches.

Fortunately the people sat in the few rows in front of us were really good when I explained and stayed in their seats for pretty much all of the match, even though it meant their view was blocked a bit.

sorry to sound off but that's your own fucking fault.

if he is in a bad way with walking/standing then he should be in a wheel chair and sat in the disabled area where they had a very good view all game.

instead of making him stand/sit in the middle of everyone else when he physically cannot do so.

juddie

Ignore
« Reply #235 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 10:34:58 »

jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #236 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 10:40:34 »

Is it me or is Andy Johnson fucking rubbish.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #237 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 10:41:00 »

It was OK for the terracing days because if you didn't like where you stood you could just move somewhere else.

Its no different now.

Apart when all the day trippers come out obviously. Its very rare we sell out an away end.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #238 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 10:44:46 »

Cracking day out, Joined my mates on the train at Didcot through to London. Had two 6 fingered lads walk by and yell SCUM as I got off the train from Cholsey to Didcot. There were plenty of Swindon at Didcot station,  The chants of RED ARMY at Paddington Tube station was ace!

Went to the 8 Belles which was chocker but got served quick and had a sing song! Inside the ground the atmosphere was ace. The food was good and stood all game towards the back. Our fans were ace. Could hear the chants of RED ARMY across the park.

1-1 would have been a great result. All our players looked good even that donkey Hutchinson, He probably figured that the people at Celtic would be watching him as it’s a big game. JP and Douglas were the pick of the litter I think. Fulham, great club but their fans are very very quiet.

The trip back after the game was not great though thanks to the O.B. As I was going to Wallingford to see my gf, I got off the train at Reading to which I was cornered by 3 police who asked where why I got off at Reading as I was wearing a Swindon shirt. Well there was 2 reasons, 1) I was going to Wallingford and had to get the bus from Reading and 2) the train went through to Penzance via Newbury and not Swindon via Didcot anyway. I explained to the police that I was going to Wallingford etc. The copper then said, “we are on the lookout for any Swindon fans causing trouble” and then one of the British Transport Police made me walk in front of a camera as the OB were filming us  getting off the train which was fine and then he stood with me at the bus stop in Reading outside the train station to make sure I got on a bus to Wallingford.  Bloody ridiculous. Apparently there were some issues at Reading later on so perhaps I can understand why they were on edge. But come on, I’m soft as fuck (in more ways than one) I’m not going to cause any problems or get in a row with anyone. Someone would knock me on my fat arse and it would resemble a turtle stuck upside down on it’s shell.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #239 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 10:46:33 »

Someone would knock me on my fat arse and it would resemble a turtle stuck upside down on it’s shell.

Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 13 14 15 [16] 17 18 19 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: