Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs. Fulham Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38154 times)
lambourn red

« Reply #195 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 12:11:06 »

Mark Hanrahan

Ignore
« Reply #196 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 12:13:25 »

Yesterday... wow! So proud of everyone connected to the club. Couldn't fault any element of Town's involvement in the day. Highlights for me included the penalty save, the sight - from kick-off - of the away end packed to the rafters (I was confined to the prawn sandwiches...!) and in full voice. One of the proudest days as a Town fan on reflection. Being London-based I get my fairt share of stick from all directions. Quite a few of those happy to dish the banter were in attendance yesterday and were utterly gobsmacked at our collective performance yesterday.

The perceived 'joke club' of the past 10-odd years is very much a thing of the past and very much means business.

Massive congrats to all. Here's to a hugely prosperous 2010.

"Great save, Digby."
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #197 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 12:22:29 »

Couple of points from yesterday:

Did you know that the church to left of Putney bridge was used for the Omen1 film when the priest gets it? Beautiful place to walk around did you go in and have a look Leefer?

Secondly what was the rumpus about at half-time behind the stand, looked like about 10 Swindon fans being thrown out, don't know why.
I went into the churchyard near to the stone gates?...was nice but didnt go into the church on account of my mate staggering about after pissing his trousers..was a real feel of history around the ground though Dell and intend to have a moochy round that part of London this year again.
Got to say also that the barstaff in the eightbells worked incredibly hard and to keep the punters happy in a small pub was well done...the landlady explained that due to a local resident complaining was the reason why no drinks were allowed outside...was in there from 12 till two.
Oh and Batch the free pies had gone past there sell by date..thats why they were free!
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #198 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 12:25:12 »

The highlight of my day was getting a kiss from Yeovil Red  Embarrassed Cloud 9 :poofs:

youre not the only one.

i am dead today, went out straight after and left the pub at 2 am
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #199 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 12:31:31 »

Oh and Batch the free pies had gone past there sell by date..thats why they were free!

Nooooooo. Death by Al Fayed. I'm the new Princess Di.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #200 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 12:32:21 »

Oh forgot,

Burgers taste so much better when they are free.....

Burger theft, its the way forward
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #201 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 12:32:48 »

Talking of sell by dates, I managed to buy some water from the Post Office by the County Ground that was six months out of date. Water. The stuff has like three years on it's sell by date generally, so christ knows how old it was: The competition on it closed Summer 2008 as well.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #202 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 12:35:17 »

I think Yeo must have kissed about every one.

Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #203 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 13:00:49 »

I think Yeo must have kissed about every one.

me twice

second time was with tongues
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #204 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 13:30:49 »

agree with most things said on here. Cracking day out. Good pubbage pre-game, great site seeing the putney end full, good noise before the goal and we picked it up again later. Johnson's a cheating cnut.

sheehan, douglas men of the match. Cuthbert pretty good, ferry too. Manky was a weak link.

oh, and hutch can go back now please, absolute dog's turd.

If only we had charlie, we needed someone to pull the bloody trigger!
Spencer_White

« Reply #205 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 13:50:18 »

The one or two changes to the side did cost us. We looked scared to give the ball away to Fulham.

Cant say we deserved an equaliser and it was a massive blow to lose such an early goal. Defenders did very well to keep us in the game after that, while its 1-0 you can always get a deflected flukey equaliser to take it to a replay.

Obviously great support. It was fantastic to see all the lads in the pubs before the game. Everyone properly getting a high off it and having a great time. Great part of London, great ground. Got down there at 10.30am and went to a Spoons in East Putney. By the time we moved on at midday, all the pubs near the ground were already packed with Town fans. The only one that was empty was the Golden Lion who wouldnt let Town fans in (we tried).
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #206 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 13:53:36 »

Nooooooo. Death by Al Fayed. I'm the new Princess Di.

booooo I would be so much better at it than you!! Wink
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #207 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 14:25:53 »

was good to hear the SAGA lads in full voice ................... the tube journey to Putney bridge was immense

Heard songs yesterday that I have not heard for 25 years

Put a massive smile on my face
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #208 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 14:26:45 »

Whoever brought the Celery is a bit ace.
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #209 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 15:01:56 »

My boys (age 9 and 7) now want to know the words to the celery song.

I am already in trouble with their mum - when she asked them what was the best part of the day they replied "singing "your support is fucking shit""

Happy days

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 17 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: