Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs. Fulham Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38158 times)
adje

Ignore
« Reply #180 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 09:56:44 »

Echo most of whats been written on here.

Was meeting friends on the 10.40 ish train from swine to paddington. I got to the station early and witnessed about 3 or 4 earlier trains set off, each one choc a block with town fans - a lovely sight.
Along with Chalkies Shorts, we also drunk in the boathouse beforehand. A nice pub but I personally would have preferred a sing song.

As for the game, agree with pretty much everything that has been written on here, but a few more observations for what its worth:

- although Hutchinson was on the whole ineffective (on two seperate occasions amankwah had the ball on the wing and the position was crying out for a hutch overlap and he just stood there on the line like a lemon, seemingly clueless), ironically, I did feel that when macklin came on for hutch we seemed to lose a little cohesion and bite. Macklin was poor I thought.

- twas a shame we weren't shooting towards the our fans in the second half, I think that would have given us the edge to snatch something.

- twas also a shame our midfielders didnt chance a punt at goal on the numerous occasions when they were camped just oputside the box in the 2nd half, doesn't have to be a screamer, all it takes is a lucky ricochet to mix things up a little.

- Great effort by us on the atmosphere front, shame we didnt quite manage to get wise men say going properly though.

- Had a quick drink in the Sports bar over the bridge after the game and then onto a pub just ouitside earls court tube for a couple more. Saw town fans dotted everywhere all night. Again, a lovely site and lets hope we can have some more aways days like that in the future.

Finally, as my travelling companion noted on journey home whilst discussing Fulham fans lack of vocal support, "I would hate to support a team like Fulham" !!

ps. would be nice to see a pic of the away end, if anyone can find one.
ps2 ITV highlights were shite (as is the whole program)
ps3 fair play to carlisle, good turn out, and they had a goal to cheer

Good post but a bit harsh on Macklin-he seemed to be fouled pretty much every time he got the ball and looked a decent shout for a pen-spose we'll never know as the highlights only showed the goal and pen.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
adje

Ignore
« Reply #181 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 09:59:57 »

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/facup/6921069/Fulham-1-Swindon-Town-0-match-report.html

This report is pretty much spot on

Langers

Ignore
« Reply #182 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 10:29:02 »

It was a top day out yesterday and I thought we did ourselves proud.

Douglas was by far the best player on the pitch and we must sign Sheeman, he is class. Paynter and JPM were both class.

The Fulham fans were awful but the atmosphere we generated was brilliant, shame we don't seem to have a following luke that all the time.

I think we can be proud of ourselves and IMO we were good value for a draw.

suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #183 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 10:32:07 »

I'm glad we dont have that amount every game. No half time beer, and no programme!
adje

Ignore
« Reply #184 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 10:38:33 »

I'm glad we dont have that amount every game. No half time beer, and no programme!

Yeah and instead of knowing about 1 in 10 people you only know about 1 in 200!

jimbob

Ignore
« Reply #185 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 10:42:06 »

Oh, forgot to add I got a free pie inside the ground. Don't know why they were handing them out, they just were.

i did as well although I just walked off without paying and was expecting the old arm on the shoulder as I was walking off.....I was a bit of a pissed up twat to be honest and ashamed to say I decided to throw me gas canister from me airhorn onto the pitch when johnson missed the pen and it luckily didn't hit anyone....lesson learnt, out of character (honest guv) and wont be doing that again.

anyway, on the subject of the game, think its all been said other than wished we'd have had a bit more of a go but just lacked that cutting edge
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #186 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 10:43:22 »

Fulham did the minimum they needed to go through, much the same as us against Woking.

I thought we more than matched them in the centre of midfield but everywhere else they were better, which is what you'd expect from a team in the top 10 of the premiership.

The match itself wasn't great, but that didn't matter as the main thing about yesterday was the day and the fantastic support from the Town fans.

Back to the real business now........

It's All Good..............
dell boy

« Reply #187 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 11:17:58 »

Couple of points from yesterday:

Did you know that the church to left of Putney bridge was used for the Omen1 film when the priest gets it? Beautiful place to walk around did you go in and have a look Leefer?

Secondly what was the rumpus about at half-time behind the stand, looked like about 10 Swindon fans being thrown out, don't know why.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #188 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 11:20:11 »

"Back to the real business now........"

Correct, a loss to mk next week and fulham will be long forgotten...
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #189 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 11:43:31 »

Had a good day yesterday (except the result). All mostly been said. I agree particularly with whats been said about Douglas and Sheehan. One concern though as has been mentioned is our reluctance of having a pop at goal from the edge of the box. Reminded me of the Charlton game which did for us when we could have put that game out of sight. Hope this is addressed for the rest of the season. Still great effort though and what a fine sight the Town fans made filling the Putney end.  Clap

Ignore
« Reply #190 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 11:48:25 »

Couple of points from yesterday:

Did you know that the church to left of Putney bridge was used for the Omen1 film when the priest gets it? Beautiful place to walk around did you go in and have a look Leefer?

i would have had a look had i have known.bugger!
Sippo
Living in the 80s

I ain't gettin on no plane fool

Ignore
« Reply #191 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 11:48:48 »

Good day out. We were great, Fulham did a professional job. We had chances to take something from the game but we failed to take them. AJ is a complete and utter tosser. Grrrr.

If my calculations are correct, when this baby hits 88 miles per hour, you're gonna see some serious shit...
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #192 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 11:57:00 »

Good performance from the team, particularly the midfield who certainly didn't look like they belonged two divisions below the opposition. Hutchinson may have put in a bit more effort, but was ineffective and simply not good enough, he really shouldn't feature in our side again and I will be completely bemused if his loan is extended. Sheehan needs to be made a permanent signing, he really completes a competent defence.

Fulham did look dangerous going forward, and from where I was it looked like a stonewall penalty. The actual spot kick itself was absolutely laughable though, although not as laughable as their home support. Were they actually there, or do Fulham use cardboard cutouts to fill their stands?

Our support was excellent, I really hope that the atmosphere and performance can boost our home gates for the rest of the season.

The only downside of the day was the utterly inept policing on the 20:00 from Paddington, where First Great Western and British Transport Police decided to halt and then cancel the train at Reading as the result of what sounded like a bit of 'High spirited' behaviour from town fans in one of the rear carriages. The result was an awful lot of pissed up and pissed off fans being held on the platform for the best part of an hour and then being herded onto the next train coming . From what I heard on the platform it was a total overreaction.

I heard matey punched the Bar Steward and First Great Western cancelled the Train not the Police.Although 30 Coppers to evict a fat bloke from a bar did seem like over kill.

/
W56196272
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #193 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 12:01:47 »

Proud of the boys yesterday and our support. Basically we missed Austin and his finish. If he'd played it would prob have been 1-1.

Hope this gives our season a boost even though we lost.
Barnard

Ignore
« Reply #194 on: Sunday, January 3, 2010, 12:06:08 »

Although 30 Coppers to evict a fat bloke from a bar did seem like over kill.

Jesus, how fat was he exactly?

The logic of cancelling the train and then telling everyone to get on the next one which was already pretty full seemed a touch flawed. The guy who was drunkenly threatening to sue Great Western and British Transport police made me smile though.
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: