Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs. Fulham Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38127 times)
FlashGordon

Ignore
« Reply #150 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 21:16:11 »

Great day out, shame we couldn't sneak a draw.

Dont really agree with the Hutchinson semi praise, tries to do the wrong things in the wrong areas. Had our best to chances on goal and for a 'striker' they were tame efforts straight at the keeper. Send him packing asap.

Douglas - class. Ferry - brilliant, JP - brilliant.

Neither of those 3 deserved to be on the losing side, Douglas was the best player on the pitch imo.

Paynter had a good game too, wish one of hutchinson's chances had fallen to him

Come on YOU REDS!
wiggy
Whippet fancying, T-shirt flogging cunt

Whippet Fancier

Ignore
« Reply #151 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 21:18:55 »

Great day. The junior Wigs had both their first away game and their first trip to London. Shame is that for all our effort we didn't have anyone willing to pull the trigger in and around the box. That isn't meant to sound negative - I thought we were fantastic.

Hutchinson is still poo. We should try and sign Sheehan.

The DRS and Arkells will seem noisy compared to the home bits of Craven Cottage.

Thank [insert deity of choice] for beer and peanuts
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #152 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 21:26:27 »

Or, if you're Fred, "serious" "internal" and "damage".
I don't believe it!

* FredMeldrew.jpg (478.6 KB, 1223x1389 - viewed 120 times.)
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #153 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 21:28:34 »

Freds "got the London look"
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #154 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 21:29:25 »

What a great turnout by Town fans today,i saw fans travelling to the game and going home,
from all over the south of england.Well done everybody!

Douglas is simply class and we're lucky to have him,he's our best player and the fulcrum of
the side.It felt like there wasn't a weak link and i thought all the players gave maximum effort
and can be pleased with their performances.With our fantastic support if was a shame that we
weren't attacking the Putney End in the 2nd half.

Just a note to our midfield,don't always try to play the perfect pass,have a go from the edge
of the box,you never know what might happen.

Danny please get Sheehan signed up as soon as possible.I also think we need a goalscoring
midfielder who has the ability to support and get beyond the strikers.I know Danny's looking
at improving all areas of the squad.

Hopefully,today will reignite the enthusiasm for our fanbase and we'll continue to grow
as a club,both on and off the pitch.

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #155 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 21:30:43 »

Oh, forgot to add I got a free pie inside the ground. Don't know why they were handing them out, they just were.

Just my opinion on hutch:

I don't think anyone was pleased to see him start. Hardly rose tinted.

Agree with that. A bit mystifying really. But he did at least seem to try today.
He did at least put some effort in, granted. But that's only really worth commenting on because he doesn't normally and it's the bare minimum you should expect of any player. And without the "excuse" of not trying because he can't be bothered, it turns out he's just a bit shit.

But I'd rather focus on the rest of the team who did us proud. And we in turn, I think, did them, ourselves and the club proud.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #156 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 21:34:00 »

I'd like to say top job to Johnson, walking off at the end with the whole of the neutral ! bit shouting "wanker" he waved and laughed his balls off, good lad.
alanmayes

Ignore
« Reply #157 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 21:37:59 »

I'd like to say top job to Johnson, walking off at the end with the whole of the neutral ! bit shouting "wanker" he waved and laughed his balls off, good lad.

Quite right,he was the last player or official to come off the pitch,but wasn't intimidated at all.

However,i don't think he liked the chants of, "You'll never play for England!".

Smalling looks a quality young centre half and i'm not surprised he's already in the England Under 21 squad.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 21:40:06 by alanmayes » Logged

"It's not delusions of grandeur sir,it's intolerance of mediocrity and minimal performances."

Ignore
« Reply #158 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 21:39:08 »

considering he already has i'm sure he didn't give a shit
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #159 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 21:40:50 »

Thats what i thought.  At the end of the day though he knows he earns more in a week then most of us Town fans earn in a year so i guess he doesnt care
Saxondale

Ignore
« Reply #160 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 21:46:01 »

Just got back and to echo a load of previous statements, it was a great day out.  Drove down, parked in shepherds bush sent the wife and kiddies off to the natural history museum with a mate.

On to the game, we played most of the football.  Fulham seemed to have one main tactic, lump it to Zamora to knock down to Johnson.  As has been said, we really lacked cutting edge.  Douglas, Ferry and JPM bossed midfield a lot of the time, Paynter held up well and though Ward is clearly one for the future the understanding wasn't as good as BP has with Charlie boy.

The penalty was stonewall, but I cant believe no one has mentioned that Zamora blatantly pulled Greers shoulder to put him off balance and win the ball on the wing in the move which resulted in the pen.  No problem with Johnson really.

The support from Fulham was pathetic, from us mostly wonderful.  Sang from minute 1 to 94.

The only bad point I had was the retards club in front of me.  Group of 7 or 8 lads in their seats got their mates down so there was about 15 in the space for 8 and started pushing each other around, not watching the game and generally fucking off everyone else.  An old fella and his missus disappeared at half time as they were so pissed off and a bloke with a 7 year old son had to move the second time they hilariously pushed one of thier number into the back of them.  1 was thrown out and I was quite happy to see them surrounded by coppers being questioned on the way back.
I know I sound like a grouchy old cunt but they were the cunts and I was ashamed they were Swindon fans.  Having said that they looked pretty plastic to me.

Anyway good day out, proud of the boys and most of our support.

Never knowingly overstated.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #161 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 21:47:31 »

Saints won so that'll be our game against them on the 23rd postponed. Which is a bit of a shitter as I was looking forward to taking my lad to that one. Hope it's rescheduled for half-term week so he can go
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #162 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 21:51:11 »

I kissed a yeo and I liked it
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #163 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 22:10:59 »

Interesting video of Roy Hodgson's interview after the game on the Fulham home page if anybody is interested. The man speaks a lot of sense.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/home.aspx
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #164 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 22:13:04 »

Interesting video of Roy Hodgson's interview after the game on the Fulham home page if anybody is interested. The man speaks a lot of sense.

http://www.fulhamfc.com/home.aspx

who roy hodgson? thought it was dave hodgson
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 10 [11] 12 13 14 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: