Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs. Fulham Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38150 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 20:28:29 »

Eek Are you pissed arriba?
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 20:30:00 »

i think all the starting 11 can hold their heads high, all put in a shift, as people have allready mentioned douglas, ferry, JPM and sheehan were outstanding.
A 1 -0 against a team 40 odd places above us is nothing to be disgraced about.

the boys did us proud.

the penalty and lucas said himself was stone cold, i doubt AJ would have got to the ball anyway but lucas took him out.

Good day out all round.

BOOTS
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 20:31:38 »

It's more about what was wearing the boots. I think the words are "absolute" and "stunner".

Or, if you're Fred, "serious" "internal" and "damage".
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 20:34:12 »

The way we are playing is a joy to watch. Shows what quality Wilson is able to bring in and how to get the best out of his players. He's definitely shown that there is no room for passengers in this team and every player seems to give it his all to keep his place. I haven't seen such a 'team' feeling amongst a Swindon side in a very long time.  
Posh Red
Posh by name, Posh by nature

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 20:34:43 »

Agree with most of what's already been posted, we did very well against what was a pretty strong Fulham team.

Let's just hope it was good enough to persuade some of the first timers who went today to stick with us & visit the county ground.

For what it's worth I thought it was a penalty, although was still good fun giving AJ some abuse, however the foul on Lloyd also looked like a pen.

Met quite a few Posh fans at cockfosters, at least we did better than them Smiley
adje

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 20:35:00 »

Rose -tinted veiws of Hutchinson methinks,he was absolutely awful.The two best chances fell to him and both efforts were pathetic.Douglas is far too good for league 1 dont know if we'll be able to hang on to him.Very very disappointed with the starting line up and formation-what has Hutchinson done to warrant a place in the starting line up?Id rather have seen Timlin start.We had loads of posession but with someone alongside Paynter could have made much more of it.4-4-2 with JPM wide would have given us far more penetration and to be honest we'll never have a better opportunity of causing an upset.Fulham,without their 4 best players,didnt look up for it at all.Douglas,Ferry,Cuthbert and Sheehan outstanding today-Greer defended like a jellyfish for their goal but recovered to have a decent game.Paynter was great first half and his set up for Ferry's chance was the best bit of football all afternoon,but second half his loneliness took its toll I'm afraid.Decent showing but could have been so much better under the circumstances.Shame.

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #141 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 20:35:24 »

It's more about what was wearing the boots. I think the words are "absolute" and "stunner".

Or, if you're Fred, "serious" "internal" and "damage".
or, id go to jail for that
ghanimah

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 20:36:02 »

after getting my tickets we went in the bells pub and walked straight back out again 11.40am and it was rammed.fuck was i going to fight through that to get a pint.ended up in another shit oub which only had ale on tap and fuck all else.never mind....

The Temperance? Aptly named, loads of thirsty chaps and no beer. Agree about Douglas, some Fulham fans seem to think it was a pen as well

http://cc.fulhamfc.com/forum/topics/very-disappointing-performance

Oh and to the twat in the Swindon away shirt on the 18:15 from Paddington, near the buffet car, threatening women is neither funny or clever, you're a cunt grow up!

"We perform the duties of freemen; we must have the privileges of freemen ..."

Ignore
« Reply #143 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 20:46:13 »

yeah it was the temperance.3.30 for a bottle of budvar.shite
left there after a couple,bought a few cans of stella and got bollocked by a copper for drinking in the street.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #144 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 20:50:53 »

Dont know if its been mentioned on here, cant be assed to look, but I see that we took more fans to Fulham than Wigan's whole attendance against Hull (5,335) absolutely dreadful turnout.

Well done Swindon, you never let yourself down at all today.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #145 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 20:56:11 »

Just got back

Great atmosphere and thought the game should have been a draw overall.

First half was pretty even but Fulham created the better chances.

Second half it was mianly Swindon, but we didnt really create too many clear cut chances.

In a weird way im glad we are out of the cup as we can now concentrate on our playoff push.

Great turnout by the fans today, and i could only recall Fulham singing twice.  Once after they scored, and also when Zoltab Gera came on

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 20:59:41 »

Rose -tinted veiws of Hutchinson methinks,he was absolutely awful.The two best chances fell to him and both efforts were pathetic.Douglas is far too good for league 1 dont know if we'll be able to hang on to him.Very very disappointed with the starting line up and formation-what has Hutchinson done to warrant a place in the starting line up?Id rather have seen Timlin start.We had loads of posession but with someone alongside Paynter could have made much more of it.4-4-2 with JPM wide would have given us far more penetration and to be honest we'll never have a better opportunity of causing an upset.Fulham,without their 4 best players,didnt look up for it at all.Douglas,Ferry,Cuthbert and Sheehan outstanding today-Greer defended like a jellyfish for their goal but recovered to have a decent game.Paynter was great first half and his set up for Ferry's chance was the best bit of football all afternoon,but second half his loneliness took its toll I'm afraid.Decent showing but could have been so much better under the circumstances.Shame.

hutch was the poorest of our players but he did alright.he wasn't that bade was he? the side footed shot was a wasted chance.but we wasted every chance didn't we.ferry passed the ball wide when directly infront of the goal 3 times,and ballooned a good chance yet people are raving about his performance.even douglas took too many touches when in the box when he could have shot.
i fully agree about payner being isolated but we did create chances first half so you cannot argue really.wilson did change it later to his credit.
we should take alot out of today as we gave fulham a good game and tested them for sure.
all the lads including hutch played their part
Panda Paws

« Reply #147 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 21:06:57 »

A fantastic day out and a decent performance overall.The atmosphere was superb all day, a lovely start with a fry up and a couple of pints of London Pride at Paddington, then into the Kings Arms in Putney, where the atmospere really started building. Lovely walk to the ground down by the river, and into the ground, which was a pleasant surprise. As somebody else mentioned, the stewards were paricularly friendly, although it did get a bit nasty with the Met at the end of half time, not sure what it was all about.

On to the game, nobody disgraced themselves, but the two wide boys didn't do anything. The midfield three of JD, JPM and Ferry were superb, and showed they could play at the level above. Greer was at fault for the goal but recovered well, and as a unit we defended quite well, we just lacked the final ball.

If we had a second striker of any quality we might have had a chance. MOTM for me would have to be either Sheehan or Cuthbert. Sheehan done very little wrong and was also one of our biggest threats going forward. After a string of average left backs over the last couple of years, he really looks like he could play there for the next 3 or 4 years and become a mainstay for us. Cuthbert is just class, how we signed I'll never know, and I'd be shocked if half the Championship are tracking him.

Fulham played within themselves and never looked uncomfortable, but we can be proud of the performance and build on it next week at MK.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #148 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 21:07:54 »

managed to get a ticket no probs.got the 9.31 train from the don and went straight to the ground.was sat directly behind a pole

chubbs?
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #149 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 21:11:44 »

Oh, forgot to add I got a free pie inside the ground. Don't know why they were handing them out, they just were.

Just my opinion on hutch:

Rose -tinted veiws of Hutchinson methinks

I don't think anyone was pleased to see him start. Hardly rose tinted.

what has Hutchinson done to warrant a place in the starting line up?Id rather have seen Timlin start.

Agree with that. A bit mystifying really. But he did at least seem to try today.
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 21:14:43 by Batch » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: