Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs. Fulham Official Matchday Thread  (Read 38148 times)
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #120 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 17:52:16 »

Wilson out, clearly!
stfcinbmth

« Reply #121 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 18:22:59 »

No disgrace on a 1-0 at Fulham now a days. Not read the Beeb report yet, been pratting about with somebody's bloody satellite box most of the afternoon
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 18:57:19 »

Good performance from Town today. We just didn't quite have that cutting edge, and when we did show glimpses of attacking flair we didn't take our chances - Douglas, Ferry and Hutchison all had chances where they could perhaps have done better.

Hutchison was a surprise choice but actually put in some effort today and lokoed reasonable - as has been said, perhaps he thought a game at Fulham was worthy of his effort?! Sheehan had a decent game, as did Amankwaah, but MOTM has to go to Douglas. He bossed the middle of the park, diffusing a lot of attacks and remaining very calm on the ball under pressure. JPM and Ferry did well alongside him making tackles and spreading the play.

Also, a big mention to the stewards today. The ones around the perimeter of the pitch were fine. But whoever decided to get a row of stewards and coppers to stand in front of the away end so nobody could watch the game was taking the piss. It was a good showing from the Town fans today and everybody seemed to be very well behaved - there was no need for it, thankfully they saw sense and got out of our way after a while.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 19:00:57 »

Douglas was immense. Thought we outplayed them first half and created some clear cut chances. They seemed to figure Douglas out second half and didn't let him have so much of the ball.
Dozno9

« Reply #124 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 19:35:42 »

Douglas and JPM were brilliant today, very good possession and hardly wasted a ball. I thought Amankwaah had a very poor 1st half but improved slightly when Wilson swapped Ward and Hutchinson around in front of him.

Great Swindon crowd today and Fulham should be ashamed of their support.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 19:55:52 »

Got To Fulham early...stayed in the Eight Bells till kick off,,didnt realise the ground was so far from the underground...or the pub..brilliant Town support and we started well...dont know who made the mistake but they scored a soft goal...thaught it was a penalty myself but thaught we should have had one as well.
Paynter played brill first half along with Douglas who was class.
Second half we huffed and puffed...Timlin on for Ward was strange but in truth it didnt matter.
We kind off went out of the cup with a whimper,not a bang...JPM was my MOM he was superb.
A class disciplined performance,but the 0-0 at Wolves..the 0-1 v Fulham and the 0-0 v Norwich sort of shows you what ware lacking....well played Town,a good honest performace but in truth not very exiting.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 19:57:30 »

Lucas did say on the radio afterwards it was a clear stone wall penalty.

....and you are right leefer those games you mentioned show us exactly what we are missing, Charlie fucking Austin!
stfcinbmth

« Reply #127 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 20:02:10 »

Have to say it was a terrible shame that Charlie was cup tied, it would have been interesting to see how he got on against Premiership opposition
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 20:06:44 »

Just got back, good day out, not an incredible game of football but we put up a good fight.

Johnson played for the penalty at the very least, something which he has a bit of previous in, but luckily for us his shot was absolutely woeful, slightly left of centre along the floor. If Lucas had gone the other way it would probably of hit his legs.

As for our players, Douglas was, as others have said immense, as was Sheehan who simply must be signed. Ben Hutchinson gave his best performance in a Swindon shirt, although I'm not sure that's saying much.

All in all, creditable and about as good as I'd hoped.
stfcinbmth

« Reply #129 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 20:09:41 »

Ben Hutchinson gave his best performance in a Swindon shirt, although I'm not sure that's saying much.

Nice to hear he can raise his game for something then. Glad to hear you had a good day
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 20:15:30 »

Oh, and their centreback- Smalling I think, the tall one- was excellent and will turn out to be a very good player based on that performance.
Luci

Fatbury's Stalker

Ignore
« Reply #131 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 20:19:31 »

Douglas and Ferry in midfield were simply superb. A class above with Douglas my MOTM.

Thought Sheehan was also fantastic today and has to sign perm in Jan. A close call for MOTM but Douglas edged it for me.

Thought Cuthbert was also excellent as was JPM.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #132 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 20:24:01 »

Although my reaction at the time suggested otherwise, itt was a penalty, there was contact. I think I was mostly angry at the way Johnson hit the floor so incredibly quickly, and justice was served when he hit a piss poor shot straight at Lucas.

Oh, and although it was a very long way away, it looked like a blatant push on Macklin at the other end.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 20:24:18 »

The highlight of my day was getting a kiss from Yeovil Red  Embarrassed Cloud 9 :poofs:

Ignore
« Reply #134 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 20:26:55 »

managed to get a ticket no probs.got the 9.31 train from the don and went straight to the ground.was sat directly behind a pole but could see the action alright.
after getting my tickets we went in the bells pub and walked straight back out again 11.40am and it was rammed.fuck was i going to fight through that to get a pint.ended up in another shit oub which only had ale on tap and fuck all else.never mind....

anyway the football.i really enjoyed it and thought the lads were superb.a proper cup tie and we made a right good fight of it.
douglas was fucking awesome!sheehan,cuthbert,lucas,and paynter(first half)all stood out.jpm played some decent balls and everyone was involved really.
we created a fair amount of chances, and the pen then the save was like scoring a goal.ferry doesn't want to shoot and hutchisons movement aint brilliant, but thats not me having a pop.both did ok

overall very pleasing
« Last Edit: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 20:28:41 by arriba » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: