Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs. Fulham Official Matchday Thread  (Read 37619 times)

Ignore
« Reply #270 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:49:49 »

from what he said about his dad being unable to walk properly etc etc he should not be sat in an able bodied seat.
He clearly needs to sit down so should have been taken in a wheel chair

and i'm not talking about kids not being able to see. thats a totally different subject.

he may not be disabled?
also you may not be talking about kids, but it is exactly the same problem for them.
it doesn't effect me anymore as my lad is as big as a bloke now anyway.but i can sympathise with people who it did effect on saturday.
until it effects someone directly, i dont think individuals really give a shit as comments have shown in this thread.
dell boy

« Reply #271 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:52:07 »

In fairness this guy apologised abit later....if you get stewards who cant talk English or even unerstand English how are they meant to supervise 6000 fans trying to find there seats.

Leefer you have just reminded me of a funny moment on Saturday, the big coloured steward at the entrance who sounded like Frank Bruno when he spoke, saying 'come on you yokels any entrance will do'.

Ignore
« Reply #272 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:53:29 »

We swapped seats so the kids behind us could see, as we wanted to stand up
good for you.others are not so thoughtfull though unfortunately.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #273 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:54:03 »

he may not be disabled?
also you may not be talking about kids, but it is exactly the same problem for them.
it doesn't effect me anymore as my lad is as big as a bloke now anyway.but i can sympathise with people who it did effect on saturday.
until it effects someone directly, i dont think individuals really give a shit as comments have shown in this thread.
I do understand the problem, but at the same time anybody who went EXPECTING the whole stand to remain seated was slightly deluded. And what do these old (but not disabled) people do when the ball gets near the goal and everybody stands up? I'd have been tempted to try and switch seats with somebody for that reason alone.

I was sat in Row B with 5 mates and we would have gladly traded places with somebody much further back so we could stand and they could sit.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #274 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:54:43 »

We swapped seats so the kids behind us could see, as we wanted to stand up

Poor little fucker only had a pair of shorts and a t-shirt on as well! Although him and his brother looked like they were having an ace time.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #275 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:57:13 »

he may not be disabled?

but young able bodied children can stand on seats. his dad couldn't even stand so for me is disabled and should be in a wheel chair.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #276 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:58:33 »

Leefer you have just reminded me of a funny moment on Saturday, the big coloured steward at the entrance who sounded like Frank Bruno when he spoke, saying 'come on you yokels any entrance will do'.

Now he was Big!...i thaught it was a good day,no real problems..as arriba said some will be miffed...but its always been like that...if the stewards started throwing people out for not sitting down there would be big trouble so they cant win really in the sit down debate.
If ime standing cos the guy in front is..and i get thrown out ime not going to be happy.

Ignore
« Reply #277 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 12:03:52 »

but young able bodied children can stand on seats. his dad couldn't even stand so for me is disabled and should be in a wheel chair.

not all kids can stand on seats.and the father walked to the ground, so may not need a wheelchair.
he may have a temporary impeditment?maybe he isn't disabled but the walk took it out of him?
who knows?
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #278 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 12:07:50 »

not all kids can stand on seats.and the father walked to the ground, so may not need a wheelchair.
he may have a temporary impeditment?maybe he isn't disabled but the walk took it out of him?
who knows?

we're going round in circles here. basically for that game he should have been in a wheel chair. if he was walking in loads of pain and couldn't stand then he should have sat in a wheel chair.

Also if not all kids can stand on chairs then they should go on a diet Smiley

dell boy

« Reply #279 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 12:08:55 »

Cheesy
Or grow up quicker if they are only 6 years old so they can see over the top!!!
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #280 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 12:13:30 »

bloody day trippers.

Ignore
« Reply #281 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 12:13:41 »

we're going round in circles here. basically for that game he should have been in a wheel chair. if he was walking in loads of pain and couldn't stand then he should have sat in a wheel chair.

agree about going in circles, but your attitude is a selfish one.
maybe jonnys dad doesn't own a wheelchair.should he have bought one especially?

also a child may not want to stand on a seat for a variety of reasons.a big crowd can be very intimidating for a kid.the child could be small 3-4 years old.
plenty of reasons why.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #282 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 12:18:48 »

agree about going in circles, but your attitude is a selfish one.
maybe jonnys dad doesn't own a wheelchair.should he have bought one especially?

also a child may not want to stand on a seat for a variety of reasons.a big crowd can be very intimidating for a kid.the child could be small 3-4 years old.
plenty of reasons why.

why would you take a 3 or 4 year old all the way to Fulham for a football match. far to young if you ask me. But if you did they can sit on your shoulders.

and as for a wheel chair they can be found at any local day care centre etc if he needed one especially. or i'm sure the stewards would have moved them to the side where some other town fans were if he explained the situation to them.

Langers

Ignore
« Reply #283 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 12:30:31 »

One small lad infront of us got his leg stuck in the back of the chair when he had to stand on it (he was only 2 or 3) because there were about 3 people to 1 seat and loads of people stood in the aisle for the whole game and a steward never said anything.

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #284 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 12:40:52 »

I would just like to say that I had my seat and the view was good. Cheesy
Pages: 1 ... 16 17 18 [19] 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: