Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Swindon Town vs. Fulham Official Matchday Thread  (Read 37936 times)
dell boy

« Reply #255 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:36:55 »

no because they dont post on here.
plenty were complaining to stewards on saturday.we had fans just standing wherever they wanted.
some bloke went mental at a steward as his small kid got knocked into by some pissed up twat in the wrong seat.

it's alright when you are an able adult, but it's selfish to just brush it off as it effects other people.
i've been there time after time at games with a small kid who cant see anything unless i picked him up.

The point is what could fans do, I was in Row RR, we sat down just before the kick-off and so did those behind us. Waited for a minute couldn't see fuck all, so no other option than to stand, RR is more than two-thirds up and every bugger ahead of us was standing.
Kids around us just stood on seats we had three in front of us, we told the father that would be the best option and if they looked a bit unsteady we promised to keep our eyes on them so they did not fall. Nothing more anyone can do. If the stewards had made those at the front sit, which is there job in an all-seater stadium then probably the rest of the crowd would have followed suit.
jimmy_onions

Ignore
« Reply #256 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:37:49 »

i didn't think we were shit but the atmosphere was lacking i thought. maybe it was because of where we were stood who knows?

Although there was a lot of singing throughout, I dont recall a moment when the whole stand was really giving it some, ala that Rovers youtube video which was on here previously of them singing Irene...
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #257 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:38:55 »

Phil King was stood to the left of me a couple of rows away and was with that ginger fella (Tommy) who used to be in Corrie.

I had yeovil next to me, hes a funny chap
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #258 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:39:26 »

I think I must have been in about the only part of the stand where the stewards were making any effort to get us to sit down (front of P6) for the first half at least. Ended up sat on top of the seat, which was a bit of a compromise but still couldn't see anything on the right hand side of the pitch.

Ignore
« Reply #259 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:40:06 »

i stood as well dell and i prefered it that way.but that doesn't get away from the fact that other peoples actions have an effect on others.
alot of our fans didn't make any attempt to find their allocated seat,this had a knock on effect.
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #260 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:40:17 »

plenty were complaining to stewards on saturday.we had fans just standing wherever they wanted.
some bloke went mental at a steward as his small kid got knocked into by some pissed up twat in the wrong seat.

it's alright when you are an able adult, but it's selfish to just brush it off as it effects other people.
i've been there time after time at games with a small kid who cant see anything unless i picked him up.

from what he said about his dad being unable to walk properly etc etc he should not be sat in an able bodied seat.
He clearly needs to sit down so should have been taken in a wheel chair

and i'm not talking about kids not being able to see. thats a totally different subject.

leefer

Ignore
« Reply #261 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:40:51 »

Phil King was stood to the left of me a couple of rows away and was with that ginger fella (Tommy) who used to be in Corrie.

Saw him as well..he supports Sheffield Wednesday and knows him from the days he played for them.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #262 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:41:24 »

Good to meet you Saturday, Magic.

It's All Good..............
Ginginho

Ignore
« Reply #263 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:42:00 »

I had yeovil next to me, hes a funny chap

He's growing a new finger, did he show you?
magicroundabout
Fanta Pants

Ignore
« Reply #264 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:42:10 »

Good to meet you Saturday, Magic.

yes and yourself mate. glad to see you were getting over your ordeal

tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #265 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:43:11 »

He's growing a new finger, did he show you?

no, he was to busy kissing people
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #266 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:44:35 »

Although there was a lot of singing throughout, I dont recall a moment when the whole stand was really giving it some, ala that Rovers youtube video which was on here previously of them singing Irene...

It felt like pretty much the whole stand was singing "And it's Swindon Town..."

I think it is a shame that after such a great day out where 98% of the crowd enjoyed standing up and watching the game there are a few people complaining that we all should have been sat down??!

It's simple really. At other games you will be able to move so you can sit down but at games where we sell out our allocation you need to either ensure you have a seat where you can sit (eg at the front) or make some kind of arrangements with the club. I think it would be bad if everyone was always forced to sit. I'm sure the vast majority of our fans don't want that. People seemed to manage fine with terracing back in the old days didn't they?!
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #267 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:45:24 »

We swapped seats so the kids behind us could see, as we wanted to stand up
dell boy

« Reply #268 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:47:53 »

It felt like pretty much the whole stand was singing "And it's Swindon Town..."

I think it is a shame that after such a great day out where 98% of the crowd enjoyed standing up and watching the game there are a few people complaining that we all should have been sa down??!

It's simple really. At other games you will be able to move so you can sit down but at games where we sell out our allocation you need to either ensure you have a seat where you can sit (eg at the front) or make some kind of arrangements with the club. I think it would be bad if everyone was always forced to sit. I'm sure the vast majority of our fans don't want that. People seemed to manage fine with terracing back in the old days didn't they?!

I would always prefer to stand and would never go into the seating area when terracing was available at games, but it is not anymore. People pay more money to go to games these days (Fulham was a cheap day though) to sit, that is the way the game has gone and the game has moved on regarding comfort and facilities available.
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #269 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 11:48:51 »

i stood as well dell and i prefered it that way.but that doesn't get away from the fact that other peoples actions have an effect on others.
alot of our fans didn't make any attempt to find their allocated seat,this had a knock on effect.

Agreed..people were in our seats..so we found some others,one guy started geting abit nasty so i moved along...must be getting old...there were plenty of seats,no disrespect but the fans who dont usually go are the ones who make a song and dance about it...THEY WANT THERE SEAT...END OF.
In fairness this guy apologised abit later....if you get stewards who cant talk English or even unerstand English how are they meant to supervise 6000 fans trying to find there seats.
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 20 21 22   Go Up
Print
Jump to: