Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: iPod queries  (Read 4234 times)
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« on: Friday, January 1, 2010, 14:56:20 »

Sorry to pollute the forum with a repeat query but I couldn't find the original thread on this topic via Search. I got a new iPod for Xmas, and need to upload all the stuff from my old one onto iTunes to get it onto the new one. How do I do that?

Oh, and has anyone got a favourite trustworthy site that sells music cheaper than iTunes?

And thirdly, I don't want to rebuy all the stuff I already have on vinyl. Are those digital conversion programmes that you can buy reliable? I heard that the vaguest scratch throws them completely.

Any advice much appreciated.

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Fred Elliot
I REST MY FUCKING CASE

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Friday, January 1, 2010, 15:01:14 »

Oh, and has anyone got a favourite trustworthy site that sells music cheaper than iTunes?

This made me laugh

Look at the various torrent threads in here there are plenty of sites that you can download from
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, January 1, 2010, 15:05:19 »

And thirdly, I don't want to rebuy all the stuff I already have on vinyl. Are those digital conversion programmes that you can buy reliable? I heard that the vaguest scratch throws them completely.

Cheapest option is buying cd's and ripping them yourself. Personally I wouldn't bother ripping anything from vinyl, the quality will be shit and it will be quicker and easier to buy them on cd. Plenty of bargain cd's on eBay.
swindon_chick

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, January 1, 2010, 15:10:12 »

If you want to pay for your downloads Tesco can be cheaper depending on what you want to download. Oh and they work on Itunes Smiley
http://www.tescoentertainment.com/store/browse/mp3/

Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, January 1, 2010, 15:20:20 »

Thanks chaps. I know I'm a bit of a technotard so I'm grateful for your patience.  Embarrassed

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #5 on: Friday, January 1, 2010, 15:38:19 »

play.com was one of the cheapest places to buy from according to a recent research thingy...think it was in the sun so i'm not sur ehow accurate it was Cheesy

thats if you wanted to buy of course!

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
stfc11

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Friday, January 1, 2010, 16:36:35 »

Got a vinyl USB turntable thing that connects to the computer, and it's excellent, had no problems, even scratches haven't thrown it, quality is great too, so I would reccommend one of them, got it from Maplin.
Barry Scott

« Reply #7 on: Friday, January 1, 2010, 17:53:07 »

Get a Spotify account, then get despotify (which allows you to download the tunes permanently, rather than "rent" them for £9.99 a month) and get all the songs you want for £9.99. Cancel your membership before you get charged the second month, 3000+ songs for less than a £10. Wink

Regarding vinyl to mp3, just run an aux out from your amp into your mic in on your computer. That should do it nicely enough.

And jonny, not all vinyl can be bought on CD. Smiley
« Last Edit: Friday, January 1, 2010, 17:55:24 by Barry Scott » Logged
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Friday, January 1, 2010, 17:57:27 »

on a slightly related note.

anyone have a clue about getting PDF e-books onto an iPod classic. I know google is my friend but most of the stuff I read kinda went whoooosh straight over my head,
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Friday, January 1, 2010, 18:53:33 »

And jonny, not all vinyl can be bought on CD. Smiley

You'd be surprised how much can be if you look hard enough in the right places, but it depends what you're in to.

I took the decision to dump my vinyl and not bother ripping any of it, there is only the odd tune I'd like which I can't find on cd but I can live without them - I've got more than enough tracks in iTunes to keep me going (just under 60k at the last count).
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Friday, January 1, 2010, 20:33:09 »

on a slightly related note.

anyone have a clue about getting PDF e-books onto an iPod classic. I know google is my friend but most of the stuff I read kinda went whoooosh straight over my head,

http://labnol.blogspot.com/2007/08/how-to-view-adobe-pdf-files-on-your.html

If you can't do that then tough luck because it's about as easy an explanation you'll get x
yid_army

« Reply #11 on: Saturday, January 2, 2010, 01:17:56 »

Go on download website MP3fiesta you pay $30 up front then you down load cds for $0.50 which is about 30p they have thousands of artists if you use itunes it costs about £6 to down load
Barry Scott

« Reply #12 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 14:30:00 »

You'd be surprised how much can be if you look hard enough in the right places, but it depends what you're in to.

I took the decision to dump my vinyl and not bother ripping any of it, there is only the odd tune I'd like which I can't find on cd but I can live without them - I've got more than enough tracks in iTunes to keep me going (just under 60k at the last count).

I certainly know a lot of my vinyl cannot be bought as mp3, but then even if it could, i wouldn't buy it. An mp3, much like a cd, is a depthless tinny interpretation of the aural delight that is vinyl! But then i'm a geeky musical purist who listens to music through headphones. Smiley
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Monday, January 4, 2010, 14:59:44 »

download soulseek for free music or if you full albums or entire discographys of an artist use thepiratebay.org.  Wink
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: