Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: MK  (Read 5817 times)
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #45 on: Thursday, December 17, 2009, 22:11:58 »

Completely missing the point - MK are NOT just plastics, they're cheats and thieves who stole another club's place in the League. It's not about boosting plastics it's about the FA/FL compounding the disgraceful decision they made when they allowed the rape of Wimbledon in the first place by then putting the cunts forward to represent us as a nation to the rest of the world. Utter fucking wankers
Talk Talk

« Reply #46 on: Thursday, December 17, 2009, 22:16:29 »

The fact that there is a colon between 'Stadium' and 'MK' merits serious arson in my book.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Thursday, December 17, 2009, 22:19:32 »

The fact that there is a colon between 'Stadium' and 'MK' merits serious arson in my book.
I agree, none of this playing with matches nonsense, chuck a few dozen petrol bombs in and be done with it.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #48 on: Thursday, December 17, 2009, 22:20:23 »

I'm prefer to torch the colon who built it
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Thursday, December 17, 2009, 22:33:12 »

I too doubt this will matter in the end
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #50 on: Friday, December 18, 2009, 10:08:54 »

I enjoyed that.
nochee

« Reply #51 on: Friday, December 18, 2009, 10:22:57 »

We wont get the WC anyway....

I think the same thing. Especially after we fuck the olympics up next year.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #52 on: Friday, December 18, 2009, 21:09:58 »

I think the same thing. Especially after we fuck the olympics up next year.

Probably. Not due to start until 2012.......
Spencer_White

« Reply #53 on: Saturday, December 19, 2009, 09:35:49 »

A lot of grounds mentioned have little more history than Stadium:MK - Walkers, Pride Park, yet-to-be-built Ashton Vale, - and as the bid is about grounds, not clubs, I don't really see the difference.

It all smacks a bit, if I may say so, of a knee jerk reaction to change.

Remember, Oxford United didn't exist until the 60s - we don't dismiss them as a club.  We (rightly) hate them.  The point is clubs die, clubs are created - the game of football continues. 

All in all, I think the venue selection is reasonable.

For me the Franchise is a stain on our national game. Football franchisement in England to me is authorised cheating. It's made a mockery of what football stood for and I think its helped turn a lot of people off club football. If FIFA said tommorow that they were allowing football transfers between international teams for me that would be the same level of mockery for international football that the FA inflicted on English football in allowing the Franchise.

They should be ashamed of themselves, and ashamed of the Franchise, but theyre not. They are prepared to have them showcased in the world cup.

You said about 'the game continues', yes it does. At the moment Franchise are the black sheep of English football, and I think we are all hoping that sooner or later the money will run out and they will falter. Im not sure I could stomach another English football franchisement, because once youve got two then it becomes open season on all clubs. You cant isolate it then, it is part of what English football has become.

I dont know why youve tried to use the example of Old Trafford and Anfield, because they are two of the most atmospheric and prestigious grounds in the UK. If you had said the Emirates then fair enough, I think we can all agree that does represent modern premiership football. But I think the northern clubs and northern fans have kept their feet on the ground more. More proper fans and more English culture than the south.
china red

« Reply #54 on: Saturday, December 19, 2009, 12:54:12 »

The last match I saw before departing England was when town beat Franchise at home just before Denis Wise resigned.  I love beating them and have to say that I absolutely loathe that club, they are a non entity in my opinion and the franchising of football clubs should never be allowed to happen.  They may have a wonderful stadium and be pushing for promotion to the higher echelons of English football but I for one would rather Oxford United win the champions league than see Franchise reach the premier league or have any success.

On another note I think I read somewhere that City are having problems getting planning permission for one of the main access roads to the site of the new stadium.  Will be interesting to see if the whole project gets the go ahead and how this could affect town.
pumbaa
Ha, no cunt in my title anymore. Oh.....

Fartmeister

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Saturday, December 19, 2009, 13:51:05 »

On another note I think I read somewhere that City are having problems getting planning permission for one of the main access roads to the site of the new stadium.  Will be interesting to see if the whole project gets the go ahead and how this could affect town.

Its been an issue for some time. Problem being is said access road comes under the jurisdiction of North Somerset Council (rather the Bristol City Council), given the site is at Long Ashton. NS are not well known for being cooperative/smart/helpful with anything......They make SBC look godly and efficient......
genf_stfc

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Saturday, December 19, 2009, 14:35:54 »

Would you say that the new Wembley has no history and therefore is a plastic stadium?

actually, i've been to the new Wembley stadium, and i'd say yes to the above. The name Wembley has a lot of history associated with it, but the new stadium is a souless, corporate jizz fest, with very little atmosphere. I actually got asked to stop chanting at an England game (although the lyrics were a little coarse, likening Steve McClaren to parts of a lady that gentlemen shouldn't mention, but you can't say my sentiment wasn't shared by many)
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: