Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Takeaway Curry in Swindon  (Read 76230 times)
BambooToTheFuture

I'll Tell Ya Now - McGurk Is The New Graham

Ignore
« Reply #285 on: Saturday, August 1, 2020, 14:47:42 »

We’ve only booked a one way flight and hoping to be there for 4 weeks minimum. My work for the rest of the year will be working from home anyway so as long as the Internet is ok (it was before we left last year anyway) I should be ok. I’ll also take my mandatory 2 weeks holiday also I think.

The fx rate is 1 v 9.12 TL which is the highest I think I’ve ever seen!! I’m sure the prices will have been put up but even if beers are 20 TL that’s still good in my eyes Smiley

I had to look it up but Güllük is north of Bodrum and as you say a couple of hours, give me a shout if you decide to rattle up on a Dolmus!! Smiley

I'll message you instead of taking up the curry thread  Smiley

'Incessant Nonsense'

'I'm gonna tell you the secret.
There's a threat, you end it and you don't feel ashamed about enjoying it.
You smell the gunpowder and you see the blood, you know what that means?
It means you're alive. You've won.
You take the heads so that you don't ever forget.'
Valid Pint

« Reply #286 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 02:34:38 »

Will eat-in curries be cheaper than take-away from seated establishments which take part in the government's initiative* to aid the hospitality sector in August?

*Half pints of alcohol not included.
Valid Pint

« Reply #287 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 06:26:51 »

https://www.swindonadvertiser.co.uk/news/18619488.swindons-best-independent-takeaways---agree/      QED
JBZ
Not as likeable as Reg was, a fencesitting WUM

Allegedly, not a Swindon Town supporter

Ignore
« Reply #288 on: Sunday, August 2, 2020, 19:00:32 »

Will eat-in curries be cheaper than take-away from seated establishments which take part in the government's initiative* to aid the hospitality sector in August?

*Half pints of alcohol not included.

I have the day off tomorrow. Taking the family out for a slap up lunch courtesy of the 'eat out...' scheme.  Yes I will forego the half of ale. May go for a full pint of cola.

Nothing to see here
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #289 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 14:51:28 »

Bump!

Somebody a while ago, it may have been Arriba, posted about a curry cook book that came with all the spices and I can’t find the post.
Can anyone help?
adje

Ignore
« Reply #290 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 15:10:45 »

Biplop?

quot;Molten memories splashing down
 upon the rooves of Swindon Town"
RJack

Ignore
« Reply #291 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 19:34:20 »

Bump!

Somebody a while ago, it may have been Arriba, posted about a curry cook book that came with all the spices and I can’t find the post.
Can anyone help?

The Mrs bought me this as a birthday present. It’s really great you get a cookbook spice tins and spices.  Only made 5 of the recipes so far but haven’t been disappointed with any yet.

The Spicery Curry Legend Cookbook Kit https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/1999719425/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_glc_fabc_653XGZB65GR1ZWJHCTEZ
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #292 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 20:34:36 »

Bump!

Can anyone help?

Misty Ricardo is what the book is mate. I have both of them

https://mistyricardo.com/

Ignore
« Reply #293 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 20:48:49 »

Yeah Misty Ricardo is the author. The books are great. Available on Amazon. I'm making superb food and keeps getting better. You can get a starter kit with spices from spicyjoes.co.uk with the books like I did. There have been instances of it not being delivered, especially around Christmas time from there but that seems to have settled down now. You can get the ingredients easily enough without the starter pack though in world food aisles in the big supermarkets and Asian shops.
« Last Edit: Friday, April 2, 2021, 21:06:40 by Arriba » Logged
Quagmire

Ignore
« Reply #294 on: Friday, April 2, 2021, 21:26:29 »

Thank you chaps - just ordered.
Look forward to the outcome.

Ignore
« Reply #295 on: Saturday, April 3, 2021, 12:48:52 »

Thank you chaps - just ordered.
Look forward to the outcome.

I'd advise you follow the recipes as closely as possible a the results are incredible. The only thing I do differently is to use pre prepared garlic and ginger paste rather than make my own.
Pages: 1 ... 17 18 19 [20]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: