Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Takeaway Curry in Swindon  (Read 76232 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #135 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 09:07:21 »

Ordered from Curry Cottage last night. I hadn't used them for a while because I thought the quality had gone downhill, but I had a 20% off deal from Hungry House so gave them another go.

It took 1hr 45mins to turn up, was cold and had stuff missing from my order. Looked like it'd been hastily thrown together as well because my Lamb Chilli Massalla was blatantly just a basic lamb curry with a few green chillies thrown in. Very poor and as I prepaid through the website there was fuck all they could do.

Gave the manager an earful and have been offered a meal on the house, but don't particularly want to order from them again. They essentially said that if I'd ordered directly instead of via Hungry House I would've received better service, which is just baffling.

All in all, shocking experience from what used to be a very good takeaway.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
Re:
« Reply #136 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 09:18:34 »

Conversely used curry cottage on Wednesday and it was great. Only had tandoori chicken and the Mrs a buhna. Sounds like it's got a bit hit and miss, shame.
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #137 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 09:22:31 »

I get the impression that if you order during the week, you'll get the service and attention that you should expect.

If you order on a weekend, you'll get no service whatsoever and a rashly thrown together curry.

They did tell me that when I claim my free meal I should do it during the week. Don't seem to be able to cope with demand at the weekend, yet don't turn away orders.
dphunt88

Ignore
« Reply #138 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 09:33:03 »

Used Ruchi's (sp) in Old Town last week, cracking Jalfrezi.

Big Ruchi's fan, living in Old Town, it's my curry house of choice.

Enthusiastic Loathed Strangers Podcast contributor.
Local media whore.
Ernie Hunt's second cousin, honest!
Overweight local cricket all-rounder!

Ignore
« Reply #139 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 09:43:46 »

Curry cottage have always taken ages to deliver when busy. I ditched them last year as the portions were getting smaller and waited 2 hours with no courtesy call from them.
Use ghandis now and they are quick and their set meals are great value. Good sized portions too.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #140 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 09:52:19 »

Spice up on vic hill is meant to be very very good.

i got the hairy bikers curry cook book for Christmas which ive cooked a few curries from and they are very close to restaurant curries. much better that the jar stuff if you have best part of 1 1/2 hours
Barry Scott

« Reply #141 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 10:17:39 »

This reminds me, I forgot to say what happened to me last week.

I went onto Just Eat and ordered a curry at 19:00 as I thought it might mean I get to eat at a reasonable hour. I ordered from Curry Cottage as I'd never used them before and it said expected delivery was 19:45. Feeling quite pleased I went and watched TV.

At about 19:45 Just Eat called and said curry Cottage can't deliver to my neck of the woods so they'll refund me.

I then went and ordered a dominos and was done and dusted by 20:30 or so. Then at about 22:00 I get a knock on the door. It's Curry Cottage with my fucking curry! I explained I'd been refunded (as you said you couldn't deliver to me) and 3 hours is unacceptable.

They let me keep the curry and buggered off. I tasted the curry, and as it was awful (and free), I chucked it in the bin.

Ignore
« Reply #142 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 10:22:25 »

Sounds like theyve gone right down the shitter. I didn't used to mind the wait as the food was worth it. Seems it aint anymore.
Barry Scott

« Reply #143 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 10:39:19 »

I beginning to think it's much of a muchness on a Saturday. I think they're all overrun and simply fall over at demand.

I used a curry house on St Andrew's Ridge for a while (I forget the name) and the first few times they were about 45 mins, then they just feel off a cliff, like the rest.
Talk Talk

« Reply #144 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 10:53:28 »

I use a take away in Moredon, the curry is lush particularly the garlic chilli chicken tikka masala.

I'm not telling anybody which one it is though as I don't want the quality and service to go down hill  Wink
kerry red

« Reply #145 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 11:08:11 »

Never had a bad curry from The Lalbagh in Rodbourne.

Always first class
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #146 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 11:32:25 »

i am well fancy and get the mrs to drive me to jewel in the crown, then drive me back.
never had a bad curry from there and i'm yet to have a curry that compares in this country

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
DMR

« Reply #147 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 11:48:03 »

As it happens, we used Curry Cottage 3 Saturdays back, and it was a massive order too (4 extremely hungover, and therefore extremely hungry lads) and it was spot on. Luck of the draw I suppose.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #148 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 13:01:04 »

Bay Leaf is quality.
kaufman

« Reply #149 on: Saturday, March 22, 2014, 13:09:48 »

Not sure if it's been mentioned but Spice in Old Town would be my choice. (few doors down from the Vic on Victoria Road) they makes the best authentic curry dishes i've had in Swindon.
Pages: 1 ... 7 8 9 [10] 11 12 13 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: