Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Takeaway Curry in Swindon  (Read 76278 times)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #120 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 14:46:26 »

I rate Shaw kebab house at Shaw Village Centre (opposite the Village Inn)... always used to like Best BBQ on Vic Hill as I can walk there, but have been disappointed with the price:meat ratio recently.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender

Ignore
« Reply #121 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 14:51:05 »

I aint had one from caners for at least 4 years but they seemed ok when i did. My brother rates Shaw kebabs as he lives over west but it'd be cold by the time i get it home.
Best bbq are good but i agree they are a bit pricey for what you get.
Might go back to swindon kebabs on manny road as they used to be my one of choice. What are the ones down the bottom of town like?
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #122 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 14:56:49 »

No idea about the ones down town, I've not had one from those parts for about 7 or 8 years, when they used to have a van outside Walkabout.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #123 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 15:33:40 »

Charlie isn't there anymore

I'm not sure that's true...

Well have a look at some point.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #124 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 15:38:58 »

I aint had one from caners for at least 4 years but they seemed ok when i did. My brother rates Shaw kebabs as he lives over west but it'd be cold by the time i get it home.
Best bbq are good but i agree they are a bit pricey for what you get.
Might go back to swindon kebabs on manny road as they used to be my one of choice. What are the ones down the bottom of town like?

Swindon Kebabs delivers, usually pretty good.  Best BBQ were my kebab shop of choice on a night out.

Ignore
« Reply #125 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 15:48:17 »

I'm not sure that's true...

Well have a look at some point.
no I just made it up.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #126 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 16:12:34 »

Swindon Kebabs delivers, usually pretty good.  Best BBQ were my kebab shop of choice on a night out.

I've always used Best for many years and never had anything other than a decent product with decent service.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #127 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 16:17:13 »

Not sure what it says about me but they gave me a guided tour of the kitchens and showed me how they prepped all the food.  They used to call one of my mates Egg Burger because that was al he ever ordered.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #128 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 18:26:53 »

Probably the other side of town from you, but Caners van up at Rushy Platt (behind Dick Lovett BMW) have always served me well. Haven't had one for a while mind.

Actually, I want a kebab now. Bastard.
used to go there once a week atleast back in the day. glad to hear they are still going. must be 7 years since I last had a 'bab from them

Ignore
« Reply #129 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 18:53:10 »

Went to best bbq. I ordered a extra large chicken doner. Was very nice but should have been bigger for £7.20. Comes wrapped in paper which is messy and is a bit of an arse too.
joteddyred

Ignore
« Reply #130 on: Sunday, September 15, 2013, 20:10:05 »

I'm gonna get a kebab tonight. As i cannot use Marmaris after finding a used plaster in my kebab last time from therei'm after a decent place to get one.
I've tried the rugby club since. Charlie isn't there anymore and the guys now running it all look like rapists, had filthy clothes on and it was shit to be honest.
I've also tried old town kebabs and that was shit too. Gutted marmaris did what they did as they were great until then.

Anyone know of a decent place in the don?

Eek That's revolting.

Not sure where in Swindon you are Arriba, but for future reference, Moredon Charcoal & Grill is very good.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #131 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 14:16:53 »

Couldn't tell you what the food from Jack Spice was like as eventually cancelled the order.

Ordered by phone at 7.45 eventually got through again at 9.25 asking where my food was and 'the driver had just left with it'.

Some time later I get a call to explain that the driver had cocked up and someone else was now enjoying our food. They will re-do the order and chuck in a free bottle of wine. Apparently they can have it ready and delivered within 20-25 minutes. Given their previous record I told them to refund me and shove their cheap bottle of wine where the sun don't shine.

Had to make do with a McDonald's instead Sad
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #132 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 15:01:46 »

Haha moments after posting that they called me to apologise further and offer 2 free mains on my next order
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #133 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 15:38:14 »

Jack Spice is quite nice but i have only ever eaten in there not had a takeaway.

Had a takeaway from Aby's last week. Deffo one of my favourites.
Dozno9

« Reply #134 on: Sunday, September 29, 2013, 18:36:22 »

Used Ruchi's (sp) in Old Town last week, cracking Jalfrezi.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: