Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Takeaway Curry in Swindon  (Read 76222 times)
Barry Scott

« Reply #90 on: Sunday, August 5, 2012, 14:38:22 »

has anyone tried the Gurkha Village?

Have heard its superb, not tried myself though.
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #91 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 13:25:54 »

Ghandis at regent circus is fantastic takeaway.
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #92 on: Monday, August 6, 2012, 22:14:01 »

I gave Abbey Meads Indian a ring last night and they said they don't deliver to Shaw as it's too far away. wtf?

OK then, crossed them off my list and got straight on the phone to Aby's. This time I got a Biryani and it was excellent.
Weasel

Ignore
« Reply #93 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 22:37:02 »

<Bump>

3 years on, I finally got round to trying Gurkha Village. Well, that was a disappointment. Back to Taw Hill for me unless.. Curry Cottage still good?

Ignore
« Reply #94 on: Saturday, January 19, 2013, 22:54:09 »

Curry cottage still wins for me
Been hearing good things about Bombay lounge lately .aint tried them yet myself.
kerry red

« Reply #95 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 09:12:31 »

Lalbagh in Rodbourne is very good.

Delivery service - don't know how far they go
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #96 on: Sunday, January 20, 2013, 09:49:38 »

Tried that place up by the cimema in Shaw. Miah? Very good but the high a la carte price means it's going to be an occasional treat. Must try the buffet there to see if it is as good
Pete

Ignore
« Reply #97 on: Sunday, September 8, 2013, 23:24:16 »

Had a superb curry delivered from Aby's this weekend. Any updates on other places, new or old?

Ignore
« Reply #98 on: Monday, September 9, 2013, 09:03:34 »

Got fed up with Curry Cottage taking ages to deliver so have been using Gandhi's lately. Their set meals are great value and it had always been delivered in quick time.
Barry Scott

« Reply #99 on: Monday, September 9, 2013, 09:52:15 »

I've done similar recently arriba - move because of wait times.

For the most part Raka Poshi delivered great curry, but recently the delivery times were never less than 1 hour and the last straw was when it was over 2 hours... Yeah, thanks, I love eating curry at nearly 22:00 when I ordered it at 19:30.

I've now used Abbey Meads Indian Restaurant & Takeaway twice. The curry is lovely and delivery was 30-45 mins, as expected. 

And Bhaji's, a place you recommended once, that I said had gone down hill, I tried them again recently and the curry was very, very nice. Amusingly the Bhaji's were freezing cold inside and inedible though.
jayohaitchenn
Wielder of the BANHAMMER

« Reply #100 on: Monday, September 9, 2013, 10:45:54 »

Jack Spice is quality. They've got some really interesting and tasty house specials.

Ignore
« Reply #101 on: Monday, September 9, 2013, 13:06:48 »

Never had one from raka poshi. Reviews seem mixed from awful to wonderful but they seem to be busy.
Never been in abbey meads and aint used bhaji's for at least 3 years now.

Jack spice i've been in the last 3 times i've had a sit down meal. Their chicken naga is lovely and the waiters are a good crack too.

I'd still say curry cottage is the best takeaway for quality but they've got more expensive,take up to 2 hours to get it to you and the portions aint the biggest. Ghandi's get my money and will until they fuck up(had about 15 from them and they aint yet)
LucienSanchez

Is this hospital called St. Croc of Shit?!

Ignore
« Reply #102 on: Monday, September 9, 2013, 14:17:13 »

Don't know if I've commented on this thread before, but it's Jack Spice for me every time - sit in or take away.

We made a promise we swore we'd always remember... no retreat, baby, no surrender

Ignore
« Reply #103 on: Monday, September 9, 2013, 14:27:52 »

Anyone tried the new place on Groundwell road? Seems to be different from the norm with more authentic indian dishes apparently. Might give it a go. Anyone heard about it or eaten there?
Barry Scott

« Reply #104 on: Monday, September 9, 2013, 14:35:12 »

Sounds like I should be trying Jack Spice soon by what this thread says.

What is surprising is we went and ate in the Khyber a few weeks ago. Sober. It was really very good.

Reviews seem mixed from awful to wonderful but they seem to be busy.

Which is a fair way of looking at it to be honest. I think they're so busy they simply don't give a fuck about the customers and the food is inconsistent. The curry varies from some of the best I've had to average/poor.
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: