Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 20   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Takeaway Curry in Swindon  (Read 76867 times)

Ignore
« Reply #165 on: Saturday, November 29, 2014, 20:23:57 »

Tried Naga kitchen tonight. Was decent.
Hoboken

Ignore
« Reply #166 on: Sunday, November 30, 2014, 07:43:50 »

Tried the Burj a couple of months ago for a sitty down.

Food was great and not the standard dishes you would expect from a traditional curry house.

The price was on the high side, though.

Our party of six had a bill approaching £200 (inc. drinks)

Everything I hear about the Burj is that the food is excellent but it is expensive (but worth it). They have Groupon offers from time to time, and had one this past week.
kerry red

« Reply #167 on: Sunday, November 30, 2014, 09:42:02 »

There's a new(ish) curry house opposite the new Morrisons in town.

Now, this is a proper Indian - not Bangladeshi - restaurant. The dishes are completely different to the usual offerings.

when I went it was full of 'local' Asian customers eating with their hands - so not many white faces which I take as a good sign as to the quality of the food. Prices very competitive, too.

Can't for the life of me remember the name, though!
The Million Pound Man

Ignore
« Reply #168 on: Sunday, November 30, 2014, 12:31:46 »

There's a new(ish) curry house opposite the new Morrisons in town.

Now, this is a proper Indian - not Bangladeshi - restaurant. The dishes are completely different to the usual offerings.

when I went it was full of 'local' Asian customers eating with their hands - so not many white faces which I take as a good sign as to the quality of the food. Prices very competitive, too.

Can't for the life of me remember the name, though!

rangoli next to pizza hut or chennai dosa next to rudis?
kerry red

« Reply #169 on: Sunday, November 30, 2014, 13:47:51 »

Dosa - worth  a visit
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #170 on: Saturday, May 16, 2015, 19:26:29 »

Naga Kitchen is definitely my favourite. Consistently good.
fittons_coaching_badge

Ignore
« Reply #171 on: Saturday, May 16, 2015, 19:47:25 »

If you go to Chennai Dosa I recommend Masala Dosa a wonderful crispy pancake with a dry potato curry filling and some delicious sides. There is a One in Reading but for quality the one in Swindon wins hands down.

Yes I am Indian but no I don't own any shares in it.
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #172 on: Saturday, May 16, 2015, 21:39:37 »

when did Miah close in Shaw ridge?

will have to try dosa.
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #173 on: Saturday, June 6, 2015, 11:41:24 »

Not curry but I had chilli shack last night and it was the absolute tits

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #174 on: Saturday, June 6, 2015, 13:14:02 »

Quote from: Bogus Dave
Not curry but I had chilli shack last night and it was the absolute tits
as that the one in town next to Greggs?
Bogus Dave
Ate my own dick

Ignore
« Reply #175 on: Saturday, June 6, 2015, 13:56:26 »

Nah the one at the top of Vic Hill

Things get better but they never get good
Batch
Not a Batch

Ignore
« Reply #176 on: Saturday, June 6, 2015, 15:48:01 »

oh OK, will try it out when the chance arises
Mrs Brown

Ignore
« Reply #177 on: Saturday, June 6, 2015, 16:33:07 »

I love a good curry but have never even tried to cook one as I'm sure it wouldn't be as good as from an Indian restaurant.  That was until husband and I went to York last year.  A friend had tipped us off about the shop Rafi's Spicebox there.  They assemble a pack of spices to make the particular curry you want at your preferred heat and all you need to do is add meat (or veg or fish) and water.  Easiest thing in the world and absolutely delicious!  They do all the nan breads, poppadoms, etc, as well.  And, better still, they have a fantastic mail order service.  Check 'em out: www.spicebox.co.uk.  If you use the code U1A6MG4, you'll get 10% off your first order with them.

I realise this looks like an ad for them but it really isn't - just a recommendation from a delighted customer spreading the word.  BTW, their balti mix is fantastic!  One tip though... make the curry the day before you want to eat it and let all the flavours infuse overnight - even better!
Nick Bamosomi
Bitter & Twisted

Ignore
« Reply #178 on: Saturday, June 6, 2015, 16:40:34 »

I lived in Suffolk in the early 90s and if this is an off shoot of the Rafi's Spicebox that was in Sudbury back then, then I can fully endorse the comments above. If they do mail order, I shall be becoming a customer!!

Never , under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same  night
Panda Paws

« Reply #179 on: Saturday, June 6, 2015, 16:41:26 »

I love a good curry but have never even tried to cook one as I'm sure it wouldn't be as good as from an Indian restaurant.  That was until husband and I went to York last year.  A friend had tipped us off about the shop Rafi's Spicebox there.  They assemble a pack of spices to make the particular curry you want at your preferred heat and all you need to do is add meat (or veg or fish) and water.  Easiest thing in the world and absolutely delicious!  They do all the nan breads, poppadoms, etc, as well.  And, better still, they have a fantastic mail order service.  Check 'em out: www.spicebox.co.uk.  If you use the code U1A6MG4, you'll get 10% off your first order with them.

I realise this looks like an ad for them but it really isn't - just a recommendation from a delighted customer spreading the word.  BTW, their balti mix is fantastic!  One tip though... make the curry the day before you want to eat it and let all the flavours infuse overnight - even better!

Thanks for the tip Rafi.
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] 13 14 15 ... 20   Go Up
Print
Jump to: