Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: urgent Excel help if you will please...  (Read 7720 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2009, 00:13:35 »

Just did what you did from hotmail to test it. You should find a shortcut to the document here:

C:\Documents and Settings\your username\Application Data\Microsoft\Office\Recent

Didn't show in recent documents menu.

iffy

« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2009, 00:24:13 »

Download google desktop and search your computer for it by searching using phrases you know are in the document.
http://desktop.google.com/
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2009, 00:26:39 »

If you're using searches, you need to include hidden files and folders. I reckon it'll be in the folder location I posted with any luck though.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2009, 09:23:26 »

try here...

C:\Documents and Settings\#your login here#\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLKBD

replace #your login here# with the account name you use to login - if you saved it from email it should be there
flammableBen

« Reply #19 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2009, 09:46:43 »

Surely all his temporary internet files will get wiped regularly to hide the trail of granny fisting.
Dozno9

« Reply #20 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2009, 12:57:17 »

To view files in the the OLK folder:

open a email with an excel attachment, open the attachment then go to file and click on save as, that will open the OLK folder.

To do it as Triseros says you may need to view the hidden files and folders to open the the Local Setting folder. To do this righ click start, click on explorer, click on Tools, click on folder options and then highlight the view hidden files and folders button, then apply.

« Last Edit: Tuesday, December 8, 2009, 12:59:42 by Dozno9 » Logged
BANGKOK RED

« Reply #21 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2010, 22:13:13 »

This also happened to me today, on an excel file that I was working on directly from a hotmail attachment. Many man hours wasted and Mucho Pissedoffo.

Well you live and let learn and I shall remember to save to desktop before working on it next time but why the fuck can those cnuts at microsoft not give a warning, or an option to recover.

Grrrrrr.

But more of a Prrrrrrrr actually, cos we won... AGAIN!

Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #22 on: Tuesday, January 19, 2010, 22:27:02 »

Did you look in the folder location I specified? Because every time I've tried it, it's worked for some reason.
thedarkprince

Hubba-hubba

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, January 21, 2010, 20:02:18 »

Like Triseros says try:

C:\Documents and Settings\#your login here#\Local Settings\Temporary Internet Files\OLKBD (or whatever the temporary folder is called.)

You find that out by opening the file from the mail and hitting save as - maybe make a note of the folder.  You can try navigating to it through explorer but I always find that I have to type the last folder extension. 

fB has a point though, these temp internet files do get routinely wiped so I wouldn't hang about.
Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: