Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Bobby Zamora  (Read 11066 times)
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« on: Monday, December 7, 2009, 11:03:09 »

This got me mad last night when I saw how Bobby Zamora reacted to scoring a goal against Sunderland.

The way he went about it was unprofessional IMO, pushing his own players out of the way to get his point across. Granted he hasn't scored in a couple of months and was getting a bit of unwanted abuse from fans but to silence them - just score goals and don't make a prick of yourself in front of your home fans (who pay the wages!).

What's worse, was that after the game Roy Hodgson said that Zamora has got a great chance in making the England World Cup squad. Honestly, what planet is that man on??? England and indeed the Premiership do not want or need this type of dickhead acting in that manner.

If he was trying to get the fans back onside just score and get on with it. I think he's got a bit more unnecessary attention after that celebration at the weekend.

Sorry for the rant, but it just pissed me off.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #1 on: Monday, December 7, 2009, 11:11:36 »

Charlie Austin has as much chance of going to the World Cup with England as Zamora does.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
LJ9
Whining little Bitch

PDC: "Send me off, we will win this league anyway"

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Monday, December 7, 2009, 11:12:23 »

Charlie Austin has as much chance of going to the World Cup with England as Zamora does.

Agreed. Austin ahead of Zamora anytime!!
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Monday, December 7, 2009, 11:21:55 »

I maintain that Zamora is still a League One player at best. Fair play to him for keeping himself in the Premier League, but he's certainly no Didier Drogba or Wayne Rooney.
Nemo
Shit Bacon

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Monday, December 7, 2009, 11:29:06 »

Of course Hodgson doesn't really think it, he just knows the guy needs to think he's the best to play to his best, in the same way as Martin O'Neill called Ashley Young "World Class".

Some players need to be told how great they are, some need to be told they're playing like shit, depends on character.

That said though, depth for England up front isn't exactly stellar, Zamora probably scrapes the top 10- Rooney, Defoe, Crouch, Cole, Heskey, Agbonlahor, Bent, Owen then who? Names like Andy Johnson start coming up and it's all much of a muchness then.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #5 on: Monday, December 7, 2009, 12:16:08 »

Textbook man management from Roy Hodgson. You're not going to tell the press that "he's alright but he's got fuck all chance of getting in the England squad".

If someone told me a couple of years ago that Carlton Cole would be playing for England I'd have scoffed. Anything can happen between now and the summer... all it takes is one or two injuries etc etc etc
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Monday, December 7, 2009, 20:49:39 »

Textbook man management from Roy Hodgson. You're not going to tell the press that "he's alright but he's got fuck all chance of getting in the England squad".

If someone told me a couple of years ago that Carlton Cole would be playing for England I'd have scoffed. Anything can happen between now and the summer... all it takes is one or two injuries etc etc etc

Very true...in 2002 we ended up with Danny Mills and Trevor Sinclair, in fact you can more or less guarantee that we'll end up with some strange names because of injury.
donkey
Cheers!

He headed a football.

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Monday, December 7, 2009, 21:09:40 »

Gerry Slagboom awaits his call up.

donkey tells the truth

I headed the ball.

eeeeeeeeeeeeeee-aaaaaaaawwwwwww
Barry Scott

« Reply #8 on: Monday, December 7, 2009, 21:54:13 »

Very true...in 2002 we ended up with Danny Mills and Trevor Sinclair, in fact you can more or less guarantee that we'll end up with some strange names because of injury.

Although in his defence, i remember being surprised that he played well. But i'm not so sure now. Smiley
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #9 on: Monday, December 7, 2009, 22:06:28 »

who can lip read? what was zamora saying?
Spy

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Monday, December 7, 2009, 22:10:38 »

who can lip read? what was zamora saying?

they smudged it on MOTD so you couldn't lip read so that pretty much guarantees he was saying fuck or cunt. probably went something like "FUCK OFF!", "FUCK YOU" or perhaps "FUCKING SHUT UP!"
DMR

« Reply #11 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2009, 00:31:28 »

I love celebrations like that, especially when I as a fan am on the end of it, a good excuse to go fuckin loopy and make a fool of yourself... not a patch on Madebayors though.

And Nemo, behave yourself, Young and Andy Johnson are gods!
jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2009, 00:32:33 »

Sinclair was in a good run of form in the run up to 2002. Pretty sure he had an awesome game against Argentina after coming on as a sub early in the game. Linked up well with Ashley Cole as well.

They always seem to rate Zamora highly on MOTD. Not sure he's anywhere near the England squad, but a few injuries and Capello wanting a wild card then who knows, stranger things have happened.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #13 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2009, 00:49:40 »

He's even shitter than Heskey. Shouldn't be anywhere near the England squad.
Rich Pullen

« Reply #14 on: Tuesday, December 8, 2009, 21:21:52 »

Sinclair was in a good run of form in the run up to 2002. Pretty sure he had an awesome game against Argentina after coming on as a sub early in the game.

Which is funny because he only went because Gerrard and then Danny Murphy pulled out with injuries.

It amused me last time round the big old panic when Defoe didn't get in and was apparently amazing in training when he travelled as a stand-by. The fact Eriksson didn't even field Walcott during the competition makes that, for me, his most baffling decision (prior to the competition I thought it was quite a gutsy call but to not even play him and therefore eliminate an attacking option? Insane).
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 ... 6   Go Up
Print
Jump to: