Pages: [1] 2   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Crisis. What crisis?  (Read 2723 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« on: Saturday, June 4, 2005, 01:45:29 »

Inspired by one of my posts on thisis I decided to make this thread.

For starters everyone seems to be talking of a crisis here at town. Whilst I think financially we are fucked, player wise we aren't too bad. Howard left - big deal (no pun intended); Hewlett's gone (rejoice); Heywoods gone (dependable, but replaceable) and Smith left as well. I think Smith is only the real loss here, although his departure does show his commitment would have been non-existent, if he had stayed.

I think Evans is staying and hopefully Igoe as well. This means that King needs a left sided player and a central midfielder (assuming he wants to replace like for like), the rest being back up players. Also, Migs and Roberts will be fully recovered from injury. This is still nine decent enough players imo. Yes, the squad is wafer thin, but like King has said, there are plenty of players out there. King is also the sort of man you want in this situation, and I think this is why he's the right man for the job.

So Pieman's final thought will be this: Fans (myself included) do get panicky and tend to over-react, but on the face of it, it could be a lot worse. Let's not get too down, chill: Have a drink, a smoke or a lime and soda. Let's leave the worrying to King. After all, he's worked wonders (squad wise) since he's been here, why won't he now?
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Saturday, June 4, 2005, 07:28:39 »

Quote from: "simon pieman"
Inspired by one of my posts on thisis I decided to make this thread.

For starters everyone seems to be talking of a crisis here at town. Whilst I think financially we are fucked, player wise we aren't too bad. Howard left - big deal (no pun intended); Hewlett's gone (rejoice); Heywoods gone (dependable, but replaceable) and Smith left as well. I think Smith is only the real loss here, although his departure does show his commitment would have been non-existent, if he had stayed.

I think Evans is staying and hopefully Igoe as well. This means that King needs a left sided player and a central midfielder (assuming he wants to replace like for like), the rest being back up players. Also, Migs and Roberts will be fully recovered from injury. This is still nine decent enough players imo. Yes, the squad is wafer thin, but like King has said, there are plenty of players out there. King is also the sort of man you want in this situation, and I think this is why he's the right man for the job.

So Pieman's final thought will be this: Fans (myself included) do get panicky and tend to over-react, but on the face of it, it could be a lot worse. Let's not get too down, chill: Have a drink, a smoke or a lime and soda. Let's leave the worrying to King. After all, he's worked wonders (squad wise) since he's been here, why won't he now?

The playing side doesn't make me feel like there is a crisis.  The fact that we have no other plan up our sleeves to raise the 900k final CVA instalment, other than CG redevelopment money in by then, does!  To publicily make such a statement would make we jittery if I was a creditor of the business, and I'd probably start to consider issuing a winding-up order as the business has made a clear indication that they might not be able to meet their commitment.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #2 on: Saturday, June 4, 2005, 08:29:12 »

Have to agree with you there. Like I said financially we're a bit fucked  :evil:
Asher

« Reply #3 on: Saturday, June 4, 2005, 09:31:21 »

A bit?
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Saturday, June 4, 2005, 09:34:51 »

Maybe you could fund the club with some of your drug money?

Sorry couldn't resist. Just thought your post was a bit too obvious  Shocked
Asher

« Reply #5 on: Saturday, June 4, 2005, 09:51:04 »

maybe but maybe i wont, i need a rolex im thinking....fucker
unclemark

Ignore
« Reply #6 on: Saturday, June 4, 2005, 09:53:44 »

King should become a scout.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #7 on: Saturday, June 4, 2005, 09:55:58 »

Quote from: "nozza"
King should become a scout.

I beg to differ. He is able to use his contacts to his advantage a bit like Harry Rednapp, you can be sure he's sniffing around. I just think for once he's learnt to hold his cards close to his chest.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #8 on: Saturday, June 4, 2005, 10:33:37 »

King has revealed very little other than he has surprises for us next week
Hopefully nice ones!!!

Maybe we will beat that Italian club to being the first team to sign a woman? Oh wait, we did, we bought Hewlett!
Whits
Morphined Up

« Reply #9 on: Saturday, June 4, 2005, 10:41:43 »

he spent a lot of time in spain, maybe hes bringing back the 3 amigos

that would be awesome, nice bit of spanish flair

Plays in midfield and his name is Tommy Miller,
signed him from Huddersfield his name is Tommy Miller,
first touch is average but his second is a killer,
heeeeeey Tommy Miller!
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #10 on: Saturday, June 4, 2005, 10:44:33 »

Better still a Spanish Royal wants to invest £millions after King had a chat  
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Saturday, June 4, 2005, 10:51:44 »

The crisis is in the fact the club is wholly reliant on the competence of SBC, this being a body which is consistently ranked among the least efficient in the country.

To counter this the ruling Tory group....has produced a list of 50 pledges for the future....a redeveloped football ground, new athletics  facility and cricket ground are not amongst them.

Fairly soon SBC will need to decide, if they consider professional football an amenity worth maintaining in the town.......its highly likely that reasons will be found to lose it.
sonicyouth

Ignore
« Reply #12 on: Saturday, June 4, 2005, 11:21:08 »

Quote from: "Whits"
he spent a lot of time in spain, maybe hes bringing back the 3 amigos

that would be awesome, nice bit of spanish flair

he's bringing Figo back with him!
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Saturday, June 4, 2005, 21:18:44 »

And Beckham and Owen  Sad
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #14 on: Sunday, June 5, 2005, 10:22:48 »

The fact is Oldham have already signed 6 new players, and are rumoured to have put in 100k+ bid for Heffernan.

Where as we will never pay cash for anyone again, we have lost 6 players (still 3 more who could go for free) and off the top of my head we have about 9 contracted players for next season. Get an injury or two like last year and we'll be picking people out the crowd to play

While this is all happening King has been on holiday, I just hope he has been working his ass off while he has been out there
Pages: [1] 2   Go Up
Print
Jump to: