Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: What's he trying to say?  (Read 9067 times)
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #45 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 12:03:09 »

I'd rate him an above average player overall. People say he's a luxury player and bemoan his lack of physical presence and defending which I don't think anyone can disagree with. However, I don't think we've played to his strengths more often often than not which hasn't renderred him entirely effective. Has he been shit? He has been below par this season but certainly not shit last season, one of our better performers. Was he too good for us? - absolutely not. But if his heart wasn't in it (for one reason or another) what's the point of him staying?

Did I notice a shift in attitude recently? Probably. It doesn't help when your manager publicly states he thinks the way you play is a bit shit. Lots of people moaned at Kingy for that. I agreed with Wilson's sentiments however and to balance my thoughts a bit more, Wilson's public ambitions/affections/honesty has made us better overall.

Amankwaah's had patches of shitness and Lescinel has had a difficult learning period. Paynter missed some sitters too. I suppose this is all down to bad attitude. (Before the Charlie Austin Facebook Society get wind off this, I'm being ironic).

Whilst I was impressed with the way Cox conducted his interviews in the summer, I'm fairly sure he made the usual cliches to the press in West Brom. The only difference with McNamee is that he hasn't stated his time at Swindon has been the best experience. It's quite funny how a lot of people are getting worked up about a player leaving (who they don't rate). Oh and comparing him to Grant Smith is rediculous, he's not really done anything that cuntish.

Will I read this back and realise it's probably quite annoying how I've listed a few questions and responded to them along the way? Definitely.
RobertT

Ignore
« Reply #46 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 12:09:59 »

I think he is a good player

I think we won't miss him

He'll probably go down in STFC history a bit like Ifil, potential, never fully delivered, the expected gaping whole they leave ends up being a pin prick when you consider how the team changed and more than covered their loss.
yeo

Ignore
« Reply #47 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 12:18:40 »

Hes calling you cunts and I think hes probably right,lets be honest the County Ground scores pretty low in atmosphere. Swindon home fans are probably amongst the most moany and passionless group in the Country.

/
W56196272
dell boy

« Reply #48 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 12:35:13 »

Hes calling you cunts and I think hes probably right,lets be honest the County Ground scores pretty low in atmosphere. Swindon home fans are probably amongst the most moany and passionless group in the Country.

Funny you saying that, with regard to Macca, when he came off the bench the atmosphere always seem to rise with hope and voice. God it is going to be quieter in the future.

The CG hasn't always been quiet though Yeovil has it, I blame the younger generation!
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #49 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 14:29:25 »

Funny how everyone was begging him to stay and saying how he was pretty much the second coming of god, and slagged me off last week when I said he had a poor attitude etc towards Swindon etc. then when this finally came out and I was proved right everyone says, Oh he was shit anyway, good riddance...

Didn't you sponsor Malpas's kit last season Gazza ?

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #50 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 14:34:31 »

Funny you saying that, with regard to Macca, when he came off the bench the atmosphere always seem to rise with hope and voice. God it is going to be quieter in the future.

The CG hasn't always been quiet though Yeovil has it, I blame the younger generation!

The crowd passion has definatly gone down hill since the CG became all seater.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #51 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 14:43:10 »

when was the last proper decent game of football at the county groound?the football is pretty poor quality,and that's why the atmosphere is the same.not alot to get excited and sing about is there?
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #52 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 15:13:51 »

Didn't you sponsor Malpas's kit last season Gazza ?

yes I have sponsored a player (Lee P with L&P, Blair Sturrock, Maurice, Danny Wilson, Alex Henshall) for a while.
Langers

Ignore
« Reply #53 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 16:51:42 »

I still think we'll miss him but DW is ace and knows what he's doing (except with strikers).

Well you say that but he has bought in Charlie Austin who looks to be a gem and who knows, Danny Ward could turn out to be very good.
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #54 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 17:27:02 »

when was the last proper decent game of football at the county groound?the football is pretty poor quality,and that's why the atmosphere is the same.not alot to get excited and sing about is there?

Probably Soton back in August...
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #55 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 18:12:15 »

Cant speak for anyone else but I thought the Huddersfied game was a good'un.
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #56 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 23:39:36 »

Probably Soton back in August...

Agreed. That's the sort of game I would like to see most weeks TBH.
reeves4england

We'll never die!

Ignore
« Reply #57 on: Thursday, December 3, 2009, 11:55:34 »

Agreed. That's the sort of game I would like to see most weeks TBH.
But to be fair, Soton were a shambles, which kind of helped our cause...
4D
Or not 4D that is the question

I can't bear it 🙄

Ignore
« Reply #58 on: Thursday, December 3, 2009, 21:19:08 »

But to be fair, Soton were a shambles, which kind of helped our cause...

I was thinking more in terms of atmosphere and the fact we were on top for a majority of the game  Smiley
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #59 on: Thursday, December 3, 2009, 21:53:38 »

Speak for yourself...and dont call me a cunt...its easy to be pasionless when your watching pasionless players like him...
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: