Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Alan Sheehan  (Read 7783 times)
Boeta

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 14:23:46 »

gonna play left mid i reckon.

wilson doesn't like mcnamee, so looks like sheehan could be his replacement
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 14:25:22 »

Replacement for Macca!
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 14:26:05 »

Lescinel has a lot to learn he is still weak defensively with both his reading of the game and his positional play being poor and he is the weak link in our current 11, if you noticed Huddersfield were aiming for the long ball in behind him all the time the other night as they felt it was there best chance of success.  

It will do Lescinel good to have some healthy competition in there as Callum is looking a bit weak for this level and needs to bulk up a bit as he gets pushed off the ball comfortably.

Also Sheehan could be a more defense minded left winger when were trying to shut up shop away which is difficult when you have McNamee as he does no tracking back.  Good signing in my opinion.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 14:27:29 »

Lescinel has a lot to learn he is still weak defensively with both his reading of the game and his positional play being poor and he is the weak link in our current 11, if you noticed Huddersfield were aiming for the long ball in behind him all the time the other night as they felt it was there best chance of success.  .

Yet they got fuck all success and their goal came from the centre.

I'm happy with LJF in there, although maybe one will play left wing.
bobby

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 14:29:26 »

I just feel abit deflated as earlier in the week the club was talking of a premiership and championship player coming in and we end up with Alan Sheehan and it looks like our most creative player is going out. If this happens i feel we would have a weaker squad ( especially going forward) however i hope i am proved wrong and we get somebody else in and 2bh i dont want McNamee to go.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 14:30:08 »

Yet they got fuck all success and their goal came from the centre.

I'm happy with LJF in there, although maybe one will play left wing.

Disagree with fuck all success when the goal was scored by Lescinel backing off his man, yes the guy hit a screamer but if he had been closed down quicker the shot could of been blocked.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #21 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 14:30:19 »

Sheehan > McNamee
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 14:33:12 »

Sheehan > McNamee

We haven't even seen Sheehan play for us yet Gaz. Fucking hell.
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 14:33:18 »

I think he's been signed to play left back.  

LFJ has his moments ie the 2nd goal on tues but he has also been hauled off at half time for being utterly shite this season.  He's far too random for a left back.

For me left back has been a problem position this season - LFJ could put in any kind of performance at any time and Kennedy whilst a decent footballer has been exposed as being weak at times.
stfctownenda

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 14:34:24 »

I think he's been signed to play left back.  

LFJ has his moments ie the 2nd goal on tues but he has also been hauled off at half time for being utterly shite this season.  He's far too random for a left back.

For me left back has been a problem position this season - LFJ could put in any kind of performance at any time and Kennedy whilst a decent footballer has been exposed as being weak at times.

Agree with all of this.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 14:35:04 »

it looks like our most creative player is going out.

JPM is going to!!

Disagree with fuck all success when the goal was scored by Lescinel backing off his man, yes the guy hit a screamer but if he had been closed down quicker the shot could of been blocked.

Novak was playing upfront so I would have thought he'd have been one of the centre backs men, not LJFs?
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 14:36:49 »

LFJ was stood right next to him!  Fair enough it may not have been his nominated man, but it was still crap defending whichever way you look at it.  Still a cracking strike , mind
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 14:38:23 »

We haven't even seen Sheehan play for us yet Gaz. Fucking hell.

Seen him play for Leeds and Oldham, decent player. I like most aren't wanking over McNamee because he did a couple of step overs when he got here.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 14:41:43 »

Seen him play for Leeds and Oldham, decent player. I like most aren't wanking over McNamee because he did a couple of step overs when he got here.

I think we get the point though. You don't like Macca. Bit funny to say Sheehan is better already though considering we don't know if he'll be LB or LM, if he'll play shit or good.
DUNSWORTHY

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 14:44:03 »

your right, we don't know how good he'll be, but at least he's got a point to prove like douglas and lucas after leaving Dirty Leeds..
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5   Go Up
Print
Jump to: