Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Macnamee  (Read 33567 times)
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 08:49:58 »

he is still young so is obviously not the finished article

He's 26! For a winger, he should be at the peak of his game.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #16 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 08:54:11 »

He's 26! For a winger, he should be at the peak of his game.

Agreed, Also teams are palying 2 on 1 with Macca now. Macca's crosses are pretty shit to be fair. For every 2 crosses he gets right he gets 10 woefully wrong. If he stopped the daft step overs, which to be fair he looks to have cut back he may be ok. If we sold Macca and brought back Marshall they are similar types of players anyway so no big loss really should Macca go... We would still have a similar option with Marshall.
Chubbs

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 08:55:47 »

Agreed, Also teams are palying 2 on 1 with Macca now. Macca's crosses are pretty shit to be fair. For every 2 crosses he gets right he gets 10 woefully wrong. If he stopped the daft step overs, which to be fair he looks to have cut back he may be ok. If we sold Macca and brought back Marshall they are similar types of players anyway so no big loss really should Macca go... We would still have a similar option with Marshall.
just wait for o'brien to be fit and we will be ok
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 08:58:26 »

Macnamee is one of the trickier players we have got at our club but when watching the match there are heclers in the stadium that put him off.  Real fans would support the player even though he's not have a good match

If he wasnt so hot/cold he wouldnt get heckled would he? Are you saying if i give him some shit im not a real fan then?
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 09:05:03 »

Except Marshall is at least 2 or 3 times worse than Macca.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #20 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 09:13:17 »

Except Marshall is at least 2 or 3 times worse than Macca.

In reality both are pretty poor and limited in what they can do. Only difference with Macca is his step overs. Annoys me really if JP fucked up as much as Macca the crowd would crucify him, Macca fucks up he gets a polite round of applause.
Iffy's Onion Bhaji
petulant

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 09:29:51 »

In reality both are pretty poor and limited in what they can do. Only difference with Macca is his step overs. Annoys me really if JP fucked up as much as Macca the crowd would crucify him, Macca fucks up he gets a polite round of applause.

I don't think anyone applauded Macca on Tuesday night at all Gazz to be fair. In fact most were calling for him to be subbed.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #22 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 09:34:18 »

I don't think anyone applauded Macca on Tuesday night at all Gazz to be fair. In fact most were calling for him to be subbed.

For the most part though, most games he gets applauded because its "super Mcnamee" Incredibly over rated player IMO. Ok I don't expect the best players here but McNamee is very limited into what he brings to the team.
nevillew
Tripping the light puntastic

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 09:34:49 »

He has been generally poor in the games I've watched this season, although he has improved his defensive work slightly.

As noted, the fact that teams tend to go 2 on 1 with him means that there is free space elsewhere which presumably would not be the case if he left, unless we had a similar threat to replace him. I haven't seen enough of O'Brien to form an opinion, and Marshall looked awfully raw at times.

He's not such a key influence as we thought he'd be when we signed him.

Paolo Di Canio, it's Paolo Di Canio
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #24 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 09:44:19 »

Well Marshall is back now. Be interesting to see what role (if any) he will play now......

http://www.herefordunited.co.uk/article/3058749/Marshall-Returns-to-Swindon
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 09:51:43 »

Macnamee is one of the trickier players we have got at our club but when watching the match there are heclers in the stadium that put him off.  Real fans would support the player even though he's not have a good match

Total rubbish...hes a good player,but when are we going to see it,in my opinion hes been no ware near good enough...DW has totally shown faith in him..he was really dire v Huddersfield and didnt show 100% commitment like the others.
It smacks of him wanting away....personally i would prefer Marshall in,at least your guaranteed a full shift....Swindon fans will always give support to players..but not when they arnt putting the effort in,thats unaceptable when hes one of the big earners at the club.
Jamiesfuturewife
Cats is nature

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 09:59:11 »

His attitude was appalling on Tuesday was almost like he didn't care anymore I wondered if something might be going on behind the scenes
Panda Paws

« Reply #27 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 11:09:49 »

So long as we bring someone better than him in before the window closes, then I'd be happy to see Macca go. No consistency, generally poor between November and March and clearly doesn't want to be here if Tuesday is anything to go by.

He's a good league 1 winger at best on his day, but his day comes less and less.
@MacPhlea

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 11:40:37 »

Marshall couldn't secure a first team spot at Hereford, most games he was an unused sub and most of his appearances were off the bench... hasn't really set the world alight, has he?
Colin Todd

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 11:46:54 »

Generally he's a passenger during the winter as the pitches and weather get worse.

The biggest problem is when a decent physical full back gets tight to him he ofter just disappears from a game altogether.

He's scored a couple recently (1 was a cross!)  but his shooting is generally dire or non existant

He simply cant defend, which I'm sure dosnt help Lescinel of Kennedy.

On that basis, despite his obvious talent on his day I'd let him go (providing we can replace him) He is too easy for the opposition to stop which means he is often ineffective
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 18   Go Up
Print
Jump to: