Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Official Swindon Town FC Vs Huddersfield Town FC Matchday Thread  (Read 29881 times)
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #315 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 00:02:53 »

I thought Huddesfield looked an excellent side, and we more than matched them. This season could be good. Very good.
Anteater

Ignore
« Reply #316 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 00:19:32 »

Nice one Town, good win against a team that will be in the mix at the end of the season. I thought they had most of the first half bit we dicked em in the second partly as a result of the conditions and Ferry,Douglas, Cuthbert, Greer, JPM, Lucas, Manky, Billy and of course Charlie. Special mention to JPL for most of his play and in particular his efforts for the second goal. Loved the fact that the knob behind me in the Town End (and I really hope he looks at this site) had to shut the fuck up with his constant rubbishing of JPL from the start for no good reason other than he is his scapegoat and got roundly abused after our winner as a result.

Oh yes and Charlie really is our 'darling' but deserves his own original song....please not.... Charlie Austin dut dut dut dut dut dut !.....that is shit !

and Macca please do the business next game !!
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #317 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 00:29:31 »

LJF non?

Tout ce que je sais de plus sûr à propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
deltaincline

« Reply #318 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 00:35:52 »

I thought Huddesfield looked an excellent side, and we more than matched them. This season could be good. Very good.

I think you may well have a fair point, Juddie.

Although the conditions were shit, I expected us put up a bit of a fight, only to see the better side take the points.

First half, I thought we looked like the poor relations. They, on the other hand, were snapping into tackles, were shutting us down quickly and they looked very smooth and competent in posession.

Second half, we had some real belief and we made them look mediocre at times. We definately deserved the points.

It's been a long time comming, but the effort, performance and deserved result tonight against quality opposition has ignited a once faint hope that maybe, just maybe, our much loved fucking football club is finally dragging itself towards recovery Grin

DMR

« Reply #319 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 01:43:36 »

It's been a long time comming, but the effort, performance and deserved result tonight against quality opposition has ignited a once faint hope that maybe, just maybe, our much loved fucking football club is finally dragging itself towards recovery Grin

Fucking hell, we beat Huddersfield not Chelsea!
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #320 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 07:27:10 »

I'm expecting a 2 million bid from them for Austin today.
herthab
TEF Travel

Ignore
« Reply #321 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 08:02:49 »

Saw the first goal on Sky this morning and it looked (To me anyway!) that Charlie actually touched it on to Paynter.

Great result against the best team we've played in the League at home so far this season.

Charlie Austin is still a little rough around the edges and hopefully will just get better and better.

The whole team (With the exception of Macca and Revell) had a good game.

Macca can't tackle to save his life and Revell was dogshite.

It's All Good..............
Bennett
No Comment

Ignore
« Reply #322 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 08:07:37 »

Macca can't tackle to save his life and Revell was dogshite.

he was facing the wrong way for half of his time on the pitch, let paynter close down their defence at goal kicks to stop a quick short ball (a very good plan in a monsoon)...his shitness was shown when we failed to control a ball that was straight to him and then challenged for a header, managed to face the other way, it hit him on the back of the head and it's a throw to 'uddersfield

i thought there was something about him that we could work with but him and hutchinson have really not covered themselves in glory

This is the water.
And this is the well.
Drink full and descend.
The horse is the white of the eyes and dark within.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #323 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 08:13:49 »

It says it all when in 2 starts Austin has just as many goals as Revell, Tope and more than Hutchinson.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #324 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 08:51:27 »

I didn't go so cant form an expert judgement about them, but looking at their record, they appear to be fragile away from home, and the football equivalent of flat track bullies at home. I can only see they have played 1 of the top half at home which might explain their  record, so hard to tell where they will finish, so might not be best to get too carried away,yet.
STFC_Gazza

« Reply #325 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 09:02:33 »

REALLY ENJOYED that last night! How far have we come since the Malpas days?  Ferry was immense in the 2nd half. My Uncle agrees that Douglas is our best player. Does the little things and basically just gets on with it. Where as Lucas has done nothing wrong, it seems like he must have something written in his contract saying he must play. Poor Phil Smith had some cracking games took the shirt when Lucas was out and doesn’t get a look. Smith will go in the Summer no doubt, Austin looked useful, McNamee should be dropped. Each game that passes he looks worse and worse, that said the wind didn’t help his cause. I THOUGHT JP was a bit lazy at times and did’n run the line when he should have.  The Lesh (JFL) is quickly becoming my favourite player. Coming from nowhere and doing the little things. Personally I thought the ball he put in was bloody brilliant although any other ref could have called a foul. Overall an enjoyable game. Thinking of moving from the Town end to the main stands for the second half of the season! Only £10.00 difference, a lot better view, and there is no atmosphere in the Town End anyway…Theo who? Huddersfield's biggest mistake was probably playing against the win for the second half. As our players began to tire we had the wind behind us to give us a push!
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #326 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 09:06:42 »

Fucking hell, we beat Huddersfield not Chelsea!
The amount of spending and poaching players from under other teams' noses they did over the summer, they are the Chelsea of League One.
suttonred

Ignore
« Reply #327 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 09:09:28 »

Smith is good backup and does well when he comes in, but Lucas is the better all round keeper, first choice everytime if fit.
tans
You spin me right round baby right round

Ignore
« Reply #328 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 10:20:57 »

Cracking game.

Ferry was ace. McNamee was total wank. Austin and Paynter quality.

Only downside was the chicken curry in the legends lounge, (its meant to have chicken in it)
followed by the burger (stone cold)
and finally the hotdog (the roll was so dry i chucked it).

Oh, you only need to put one lid onto the OXO cup (not 3), i tried to take a sip and almost scalded myself.

The beer was alright though Smiley
thepeoplesgame

Ignore
« Reply #329 on: Wednesday, November 25, 2009, 10:23:46 »

Oh yes and Charlie really is our 'darling' but deserves his own original song....please not.... Charlie Austin dut dut dut dut dut dut !.....that is shit !

He was afforded the old Charlie, Charlie Henry chant at the end by those in the Don Rogers Stand, which I thought a fitting honour. Except the words were cleverly changed to Charlie, Charlie Austin, naturally Smiley

Thoroughly enjoyable experience last night. Cycling home from the station into a 50mph headwind and with the rain pissing down I still had a smile on my face. Up the Reds!
Pages: 1 ... 19 20 21 [22] 23 24 25   Go Up
Print
Jump to: