Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: World Cup 2010 Draw  (Read 17975 times)
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

London Scottish - More History than Franchise!

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 15:04:36 »

Most of the ones I know
most of the Scots I know think we should be able to qualify if the likes of those teams can. You must be hanging around with alot of the union loving "we're too wee" brigade!!! soapy tit wank

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Your boys took a hell of a beating!"
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 19:48:30 »

most of the Scots I know think we should be able to qualify if the likes of those teams can. You must be hanging around with alot of the union loving "we're too wee" brigade!!! soapy tit wank

I was only joking, I tend to avoid speaking to Scots about football as they generally don't have a clue.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
larwood
The girl least likely to.

Ignore
« Reply #17 on: Tuesday, November 24, 2009, 20:54:39 »

I was only joking, I tend to avoid speaking to Scots about football as they generally don't have a clue.
Cheesy

I was a small, fat child in a welfare house
There was only one thing I ever dreamed about
And fate has just
Handed it to me - whoopee
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #18 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 10:35:48 »

Similar to most other football fans then!

Vi er best i verden! Vi er best i verden! Vi har slått England 2-1 i fotball!! Det er aldeles utrolig! Vi har slått England! England, kjempers fødeland. Lord Nelson, Lord Beaverbrook, Sir Winston Churchill, Sir Anthony Eden, Clement Attlee, Henry Cooper, Lady Diana--vi har slått dem alle sammen. Vi har slått dem alle sammen. Maggie Thatcher can you hear me?
Spencer_White

« Reply #19 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 20:42:53 »

what Sweaties would that be then?

Scotland moaned so hard they actually managed to get UEFA to expand the European Championships.
DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #20 on: Thursday, November 26, 2009, 21:38:19 »

how long before Cuthbert and/or Ferry get a call up?

must be better than some of the shite that usually plays.
SwindonTartanArmy
Go Team GB!

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Friday, November 27, 2009, 08:25:16 »

how long before Cuthbert and/or Ferry get a call up?

must be better than some of the shite that usually plays.
On that, I would have to agree. I hope we get promoted fairly soon or those too will be offskis

jonny72

Ignore
« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 10:48:50 »

Unsurprisingly FIFA decided to change the seeding criteria, going with the FIFA rankings for October instead, though the only difference it makes is Holland being seeded instead of Portugal. If they'd gone with the November rankings we'd have been fucked with us and Argentina being replaced by France and Portugal.

Other than that my list was correct, so here it is again with the one change:

Pot 1 (seeds) : Spain #1, Brazil #2, Holland #3, Italy #4, Germany #6, Argentina #8, England #9, South Africa #86.
Pot 2 (Rest of World) : USA #14, Mexico #15, Australia #21, Honduras #38, Japan #43, South Korea #52, New Zealand #77, North Korea #84.
Pot 3 (Africa, South America) : Cameroon #11, Ivory Coast #16, Chile #17, Uruguay #19, Nigeria #22, Algeria #28, Paraguay #30, Ghana #37.
Pot 4 (Europe) : Portugal #5, France #7, Greece #12, Switzerland #18, Serbia #20, Denmark #26, Slovenia #33, Slovakia #34.

Whilst everyone goes on about the group of death, I really can't see a nightmare scenario for us. Portugal and France have both been playing shit recently and shouldn't cause us problems. And if we can't been Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Mexico, USA etc then we shouldn't bother turning up in the first place.
« Last Edit: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 10:50:34 by jonny72 » Logged
juddie

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 12:08:28 »

Paraguay are my dark horses. did well in qualifying, only just finished behind brazil and that was without santa cruz for the most part.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 12:16:34 »

There are no pushovers in the World Cup Finals any more, all teams have done well to qualify and I think the days of Yugos 9-0 Zaire (74), Hungary 9-0 Korea (54), Hungary 10-1 El Salvador (82) are long gone from World Cup Final stages.

I would hazard a guess that all of these teams that have qualified can put out a sterling backs to the wall performance against bigger teams and maybe even nick a goal on the break.

Every game will be tough at the Finals.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Stef Troll

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 13:20:30 »

Unsurprisingly FIFA decided to change the seeding criteria, going with the FIFA rankings for October instead, though the only difference it makes is Holland being seeded instead of Portugal. If they'd gone with the November rankings we'd have been fucked with us and Argentina being replaced by France and Portugal.

Other than that my list was correct, so here it is again with the one change:

Pot 1 (seeds) : Spain #1, Brazil #2, Holland #3, Italy #4, Germany #6, Argentina #8, England #9, South Africa #86.
Pot 2 (Rest of World) : USA #14, Mexico #15, Australia #21, Honduras #38, Japan #43, South Korea #52, New Zealand #77, North Korea #84.
Pot 3 (Africa, South America) : Cameroon #11, Ivory Coast #16, Chile #17, Uruguay #19, Nigeria #22, Algeria #28, Paraguay #30, Ghana #37.
Pot 4 (Europe) : Portugal #5, France #7, Greece #12, Switzerland #18, Serbia #20, Denmark #26, Slovenia #33, Slovakia #34.

Whilst everyone goes on about the group of death, I really can't see a nightmare scenario for us. Portugal and France have both been playing shit recently and shouldn't cause us problems. And if we can't been Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Mexico, USA etc then we shouldn't bother turning up in the first place.

Ivory Coast could easily beat England. 
DMR

« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 14:04:21 »

Yeah, IC are decent... but we're actually looking a good side these days. I expect us to beat anyone outside the top 4 in the world.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Things can only get better

« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 14:30:16 »

Yeah, IC are decent... but we're actually looking a good side these days. I expect us to beat anyone outside the top 4 in the world.

I agree totally, I also think we can raise our game a lot more than we have and can give any of the top 4 ot 5 teams a damn good run for the money too.

This is a great chance for us to go there and actually win the WC, which I havent felt we could do since '90.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 14:33:27 »

out in the quarters on pens
Doore

« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, December 2, 2009, 14:55:00 »

Portugal and France have both been playing shit recently and shouldn't cause us problems. And if we can't been Cameroon, Ivory Coast, Mexico, USA etc then we shouldn't bother turning up in the first place.

That's a bit dismissive jonny, there is no way that we will have no problems against Portugal or France - both squads have world class players in them, and Portugal may also have a psychological edge on us.  Many wrote off France in 2006 and they made the final.  The Ivory Coast have terrific potential and one of the best strikers in the world at the moment.

I'm not saying I don't like our chances, but writing off the likes of France, Portugal and the Ivory Coast is crazy and dangerous.

For the record, I think the toughest group we could face is USA, Ivory Coast and Portugal.  I think we would get through it, but it would be very tough.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10   Go Up
Print
Jump to: