Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Canary Fan  (Read 4098 times)
Ardiles

Stirlingshire Reds

Ignore
« Reply #15 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2009, 18:09:42 »

I spent my worst ever New Year's Eve in Norfolk.  It must have been 2001/02.  The girl I was seeing at the time had family in the depths of Norfolk (and I mean the depths - somewhere in the north of the county near Holt) so we booked a hotel room in Norwich.  The plan was the ex's cousins etc were going to come in to Norwich for the night of drinking.

Get to Norwich.  Phone call from the cousins to say they couldn't be bothered coming in to Norwich, so (don't ask why, but) we ended up driving out to the back of beyond.  Spent the evening drinking diet coke in a roadhouse pub in the arse end of ####ing nowhere, listening to a one man band (I'm not kidding) and surrounded by locals who would have found Royston Vasey a little too cosmopolitan for their liking if they ever went there.  One of the cousins, before passing out and dribbling vomit down himself, kept telling me he could never live anywhere else.  The other cousin had an unnatural fixation with his aunt's breasts (which, to be fair, were collosal).

I haven't been back.

Edit: And to cap it all, took a diversion via Colchester on the way back to London the following day for our game there.  Parked the car, ordered some lunch in a pub and only after that started wondering why it was so quiet on a match day.  Asked one of the boys at the bar, to find out the game had been called off the night before (much to their amusement).  Not a great couple of days.
« Last Edit: Tuesday, November 10, 2009, 18:14:30 by Ardiles » Logged
Reg Smeeton
Walking Encyclopaedia

Ignore
« Reply #16 on: Tuesday, November 10, 2009, 18:16:20 »

I don't dislike East Angular, it's just that it feels somehow wrong whenever I'm out that way.

It's all to do with light...
dreamteam

« Reply #17 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2009, 11:39:24 »

I like Norwich , its a good City, Great pubs, clubs and one of the best shopping centres in the country.

Also very good unis,    UEA and also Norwich Art Uni

Rest of Norfolk is mixed, plenty of good places on the coast, but not so much elsewhere, its a  very big county.

Bit rich anyone from Wiltshire criticsisng the people though isnt it?
dell boy

« Reply #18 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2009, 11:46:03 »

I like Norwich , its a good City, Great pubs, clubs and one of the best shopping centres in the country.

Also very good unis,    UEA and also Norwich Art Uni

Rest of Norfolk is mixed, plenty of good places on the coast, but not so much elsewhere, its a  very big county.

Bit rich anyone from Wiltshire criticsisng the people though isnt it?

I come from Berkshire!
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #19 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2009, 11:48:57 »

we are from swindon borough not wiltshire.
trent_canary

« Reply #20 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2009, 12:02:27 »

Listened to radio Wiltshire last night, how any of you guys can criticise Norfolk after listening to the 2 clowns on there i don't know, the most unprofessional commentary and team i've ever heard. I thought it was Bristol and Somerset with the west country accents?
mexico red

Demasiado no es demasiado

Ignore
« Reply #21 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2009, 12:10:25 »

funny that us being in the west country
dreamteam

« Reply #22 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2009, 12:16:26 »

I just think its juvenile to criticise people because of where they live or how they speak.

DiV
Has also heard this

Joseph McLaughlin

Ignore
« Reply #23 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2009, 12:21:09 »

That's probably because ex-town player Phil King was born in Bristol.

Neither he or shaun hodgetts sound anything like Justin Lee Collins that's a proper bristol accent.
Bob's Orange
Has brain escape barriers

Ignore
« Reply #24 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2009, 12:34:46 »

I just think its juvenile to criticise people because of where they live or how they speak.

You smell of poo.

we've been to Aberdeen, we hate the Hibs, they make us spew up, so make some noise,
the gorgie boys, for Hearts in Europe.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #25 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2009, 12:37:29 »

Norwich fans last night "Your support is fucking shit"
Bloke in our row "Yeah, but at least we're not all related to each other"
leefer

Ignore
« Reply #26 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2009, 12:50:34 »

Listened to radio Wiltshire last night, how any of you guys can criticise Norfolk after listening to the 2 clowns on there i don't know, the most unprofessional commentary and team i've ever heard. I thought it was Bristol and Somerset with the west country accents?

Got to applaud the Norwich fans last night...in fact in general,its a fan base that Swindon could and should have....theres a feeling that its only a matter of time before Norwich return to being a good Championship side and possibly higher....its a feeling that isnt shared by the Swindon public at large ime afraid about Swindon FC at the present time....it was like a morgue last night and a sense of predictability about the outcome of the match......sad for me as ime usually the biggest optimist going.
Foggy

Ketchup wanker

Ignore
« Reply #27 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2009, 13:14:45 »

funny that us being in the west country

I have to admit that i struggle to see Swindon as the West Country.

Sad to say, i must be on my way
Samdy Gray
Dirty sneaky traitor weasel

Ignore
« Reply #28 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2009, 13:15:47 »

Phil King's ace on commentary, he's so biased towards town. I've lost count the amount of times he's nearly cried out "Get the fuck in there" or "Oh for fuck sake" on live radio.
Red Frog
Not a Dave

Pondlife

Ignore
« Reply #29 on: Wednesday, November 11, 2009, 14:00:25 »

And Shaun Hodgetts went to public school.  Yes

Tout ce que je sais de plus sūr ą propos de la moralité et des obligations des hommes, c'est au football que je le dois. - Albert Camus
Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: