Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Well said Andrew  (Read 3315 times)
DMR

« on: Thursday, June 2, 2005, 21:42:51 »

"Grant Smith made statements that he wanted to play for Swindon, but this doesn't prove that case," said King.

"I am surprised (he never accepted our offer) and I think he's a little bit forgetful that 12 months ago his career was going nowhere.

"He's not a Swindon player any more so I'm not interested, although I do wish him all the best for his future."

I disagree with that last bit though  Cool
Dazzza

« Reply #1 on: Friday, June 3, 2005, 03:29:58 »

Top hat waved like a wilderbeast.

Leggett
Do you like popsicles?

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Friday, June 3, 2005, 05:01:16 »

hopefully in 2 and a bit months, his career will take a sever step down to where it was the beginning of last year, and stays there, mercenary cunt.

Johno

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Friday, June 3, 2005, 07:29:46 »

i think dave king has to say the last bit, every manager does. doubt he means it.

but nicely said mr king.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #4 on: Friday, June 3, 2005, 08:20:10 »

"12 months ago his career was going no where"  Only because you wouldn't play him you fucking fat prick.  His career continued to go no where whilst Kingy chose to keep him on the bench whilst our season stuttered along.  Grant Smith has nothing to thank King for.
OOH! SHAUN TAYLOR
- FACT!

Ignore
« Reply #5 on: Friday, June 3, 2005, 09:03:36 »

Quote from: "janaage"
"12 months ago his career was going no where"  Only because you wouldn't play him you fucking fat prick.  His career continued to go no where whilst Kingy chose to keep him on the bench whilst our season stuttered along.  Grant Smith has nothing to thank King for.

I agree with you 100% McSporran.
Piemonte

« Reply #6 on: Friday, June 3, 2005, 09:12:42 »

we've nothing to thank grant smith for either
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #7 on: Friday, June 3, 2005, 09:27:18 »

10 goals in the half a season he was allowed to play in was a great return.  I thank him for that.

I just wish King had given him the whole season, especially after his impressive pre season, then we may have had something more to thank Smithy for.
Asher

« Reply #8 on: Friday, June 3, 2005, 09:29:21 »

Bit harsh lads, ok hes gone but I blame the board for not issuing 2 year contracts.  Without his goals I would not have been celebrating as much as I did, which would have meant I would of put on weight so I thank him for that!
Piemonte

« Reply #9 on: Friday, June 3, 2005, 10:11:03 »

10 goals in the half a season he was allowed to play in was a great return.  I thank him for that.

I just wish King had given him the whole season, especially after his impressive pre season, then we may have had something more to thank Smithy for.

I dont really see why he should be thanked for scoring a few goals in an underperforming side that achieved fuck all - then pissing of to city.
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #10 on: Friday, June 3, 2005, 10:14:31 »

You don't want to thank your second highest goal scorer for last season, the runner up in the Player of the Year?   I don't get why as soon as a player leaves we have to pretend we hate him.  Fair enough give him, Howard and Heywood stick next year when we play them but that doesn't change how he played for us last year.
Johno

Ignore
« Reply #11 on: Friday, June 3, 2005, 10:16:38 »

im sure your feelins were alot different when Mooney went to Oxford. I do agree though that that we can't change what he did for us, and that he was good for that half a season, but as soon as he shows potential he fucks off...to city of all places.
Piemonte

« Reply #12 on: Friday, June 3, 2005, 10:16:47 »

You don't want to thank your second highest goal scorer for last season, the runner up in the Player of the Year?   I don't get why as soon as a player leaves we have to pretend we hate him.  Fair enough give him, Howard and Heywood stick next year when we play them but that doesn't change how he played for us last year.

No, hes left to join a rival side for more money and a longer contract after stating that he wanted to stay to repay our fans for their faith in him.

FUCKING CHEERS GRANT, WHAT A TOP BLOKE YOU ARE
janaage
People's Front of Alba

Ignore
« Reply #13 on: Friday, June 3, 2005, 10:19:47 »

His career will be over in less than 10 years.  I'm sure the man has a mortgage and other bills to pay.  Last season the players wages were not paid on time on a number of occasions.  A more financially stable club has offered him more money and a longer period of financial stability of course he's going to accept it.  I would.
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #14 on: Friday, June 3, 2005, 10:33:40 »

His career will be over in less than 10 years.  I'm sure the man has a mortgage and other bills to pay.  Last season the players wages were not paid on time on a number of occasions.  A more financially stable club has offered him more money and a longer period of financial stability of course he's going to accept it.  I would.

Knowing this, Smithy shouldn't have said the things he said. I can completely agree otherwise. We're better off wothout him, he clearly didn't want to play for the club (proving me wrong) and if we had offered a better contract, would have become a lazy cunt like the rest of them.
Pages: [1] 2 3   Go Up
Print
Jump to: