Pages: [1]   Go Down
Print
Author Topic: Help please, audio problem...  (Read 3941 times)
DMR

« on: Wednesday, November 4, 2009, 03:30:02 »

Right I'm a real spacker about PCs and stuff so here goes...

Basically my laptop did one of its Windows update things and then restarted but now it won't make any sound/play music etc etc... the volume icon in the bottom right has the red 'x' over it as if you've muted it but it looks different... then when I click it try and turn the volume up, it says "No audio device output is installed"

Any ideas? ta
axs
naaarrrrrppppp

Ignore
« Reply #1 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2009, 07:32:29 »

System restore or update your drivers.
pauld
Aaron Aardvark

Absolute Calamity!

Ignore
« Reply #2 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2009, 07:58:58 »

You need to reinstall your soundcard drivers (what axs said, but a bit more specific). If you right click on My Computer, select Properties->Hardware->Device Manager, look for the yellow exclamation mark, click on it and follow the wizard should prompt you to reinstall drivers. Or you may need to reinstall from the driver disk.
Power to people

Ignore
« Reply #3 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2009, 08:39:42 »

Check out the laptop manufacturers website for updated drivers for the on board audio and install them
Simon Pieman
Original Wanker

« Reply #4 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2009, 08:42:55 »

I wouldn't recommend system restore because when you update windows again you might get the same problem.
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #5 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2009, 08:52:21 »

I wouldn't recommend system restore because when you update windows again you might get the same problem.

Just check the latest updates in control panel, make sure you have show windows updates checked.....and then uninstall the latest sound driver update, probably realtek drivers, locate the one that came in with the last update (it willbe dated from that date e.g yesterday or whenever) and just uninstall that update and reboot.

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
DMR

« Reply #6 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2009, 15:27:37 »

Just check the latest updates in control panel, make sure you have show windows updates checked.....and then uninstall the latest sound driver update, probably realtek drivers, locate the one that came in with the last update (it willbe dated from that date e.g yesterday or whenever) and just uninstall that update and reboot.

Nice one, we have sound
Peter Venkman
We don't need no stinking badges.

Back Off Man, I’m A Scientist.

« Reply #7 on: Wednesday, November 4, 2009, 15:33:36 »

Good stuff!

Only a fool does not know when to hold his tongue.
Pages: [1]   Go Up
Print
Jump to: